“If you leave anything behind, don't expect to see it again.. EVER” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Ritz-Carlton Pentagon City

Complimentary Breakfast
Ranked #10 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Certificate of Excellence 2014
San Francisco, California
“If you leave anything behind, don't expect to see it again.. EVER”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed here numerous times... I love this place... The location is ridiculously awesome~~ one heartburn.. I've left a jacket and a dress behind and called the next day and the security people said they didn't retrieve anything from my room. I'm a bit clumsy and tend to forget a lot of things.... I've left my Michale Kors jacket and called from the airport (Dulles) and they said they didn't have it. The service is great, but if you leave anything behind don't expect the maids to turn it in. Oh they also don't change te sheets everyday. I spilled coffee on the sheets and found the stain to be there when I returned later that evening. Because of it's vicinity to the metro and the mall, I'd stay here again. But ill make sure I don't completely unpack this time..

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I stayed here twice, and it's the first time I've ever been to a Ritz-Carlton. The first trip was disappointing initially, as the front desk "lost" my reservation, only to find it 2-plus hours later and no apology was offered. The way the management handled this was excellent, as they gave me a complimentary night. So as far as service goes, I'll say that this location is fine and chalk my initial experience as a fluke that is rare.
The lobby, location and overall look of the hotel are excellent: It is right next to a mall, a metro stop, and the lobby is very clean and well decorated. What is disappointing are the rooms. They feel a bit generic, and I've been told (and based on looking at other locations) the Ritz-Carlton brand tends to furnish their rooms in very similar motifs, with exceptions of course. The first trip I stayed in a standard room, which was around 400 sq ft, quite large, and the second trip I was upgraded, for free, to a suite, which was about 700 sq ft. Having stayed in other four-five star hotels, I was somewhat disappointed. The furnishings are all nice, high quality pieces, but there is no character present, and the bathrooms are generic.
The gym was nice, as was the steam room and sauna, although the pool was small and difficult to enjoy when I was there with children splashing all around.
Overall, this is a good bargain on the weekends, but completely overpriced on weekdays. I would suggest looking at other DC hotels with more character before choosing this location in the future. I will try another Ritz before giving up, however, as I'm sure this is not the best one they own.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have better views, and the club service floors are worth the money due to the free food...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Belmont, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

My husband and I along with my sister and her husband stayed at the Ritz for 3 nights in July. We both booked rooms on the club level, well worth the extra charge! We were visiting D.C. for business as well as pleasure. The hotel is two stops on the Metro from National Airport very convenient to all the major attractions in D.C. The staff is extremely well trained and always willing to assist you with tickets to events, restaurant recommendations etc. As soon as you walk into the Ritz you feel like you are treated as a V.I.P. A special thanks to Frank. We often wondered if he ever goes home. He treats every guest with respect and we noticed he is always going out of his way to make sure all the guests at the hotel are happy with their Ritz experience. We nicknamed him "Super Frank" because he reminded us of "Superman". Ritz you are blessed to have Frank as part of your team. We will encourage our friends and colleagues to stay at the Pentagon Ritz while traveling for business or pleasure in the D.C. area. Thank you for another in creditable Ritz Experience!!!

Room Tip: Club Level 17 or 18th floor
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Shohola, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

My wife and I stayed and cannot say enough about the service at this hotel. There was nothing that the staff did not do to accommodate our every need and want. You cannot ask for a better location. The Metro is right outside the door. We got a day pass and went everywhere we wanted to, easily and quickly. When we finished our day out, the concierge Stacie was able to arrange a DC by night tour for us. She chose Royal Signature Tours and it was excellent. Breakfast in the AM is awesome. You have choice of ala carte or buffet. Either one is a good choice. The coffee is the best too! Service was PERFECT. Had cocktails and a snack after our tour in the hotel lounge. Nothing short of excellent service. Stay here and take the train into DC. You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: If you can upgrade to the business floors, worth it.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I stayed at the Ritz-Carlton in Pentagon City in May 2013 and throughly enjoyed my stay. I sadly was only able to stay one night. The rooms are gorgeous the beds are super comfy. We got the room with the breakfast and valet parking included. It was a great value the food was awesome. Next time I am in DC I will be staying here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Stafford, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Our stay at the Ritz-Carlton Pentagon City was exactly as I had imagined. Top notch service, beautiful room, quality bedding & a peaceful nights sleep.
Located in Pentagon City, this hotel is in a perfect location for a weekend get-away to D.C., a vacation destination, or a romantic stay for a lot less than you will pay in the heart of D.C. - with a lot more amenities! Pentagon City and the adjacent Pentagon Row has restaurants (nice sit-down, food court, and of course the five-star fare at the Ritz); shopping for all budgets; and the metro station is downstairs for easy access to D.C. and Crystal City.
Although we did not take advantage of the hotel's amenities this trip, the Sunday brunch is excellent (although expensive). The hotel bar has a wonderful ambiance for relaxing, or a romantic date.
Other than the location and all it has to offer, the real selling point of this hotel is the quality of the rooms. The Ritz-Carlton comes with expectations and the quality of the room met them all for us! The bed was a place from heaven - beautiful bedding, excellent mattress and a couple of pillow choices. The bathroom was large with quality linens and of course the signature Ritz Carlton bathrobe. The king room was a good size with a small sitting area and desk. Our room was located next to the elevator lobby on the 11th floor, which could have been very noisy - the rooms are insulated for noise reduction, as we were not bothered by hallway or lobby noise!
The public areas are small and unpretentious. I felt like we were in a boutique hotel. The small things make a difference. We found a nice plate of seasonal fruit waiting for us in our room when we returned from dinner.
I am looking forward to our next weekend getaway to D.C. and the Ritz Carlton!

Room Tip: The higher up in this hotel the better the view!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

In D.C on business. Excellent room with very comfortable bed. Everything was perfect in the room and the front desk service staff were pleasant and helpful. The hotel is connected to a Mall and there are many places to eat within short walking distance. Only drawback was they needed to charge me for internet access...surprised.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to The Ritz-Carlton Pentagon City? Share your experiences!