“First Class Service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 47 hotels in Arlington
michigan
“First Class Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Stayed at the Ritz Carlton Pentagon City for three nights as part of a conference last week. From the moment we stepped out of the taxi, we were treated like royalty. The staff couldn't have been more accommodating, calling us by name and always asking how our day was. One evening we were studying the metro map and Ryan walked up and said, Where you going tonight? He told us how to get to our restaurant and a fabulous bar to go to for cocktails with the best view in DC. The next day was the Mother's Day Grand Buffet. I desperately wanted to go, but they were fully booked. Ryan was in charge of this event and magically, he worked us in and we had a fabulous buffet. Oysters, crab claws, shrimp, sushi, scallops, NY strip etc. The location was great, adjacent to a mall so we could easily grab a quick cheap breakfast, and the metro was right across the street. Our room was lovely and very clean. Absolutely no complaints. It might be hard to stay at another hotel chain after being so spoiled!

Room Tip: We had a corner room 1001. It was huge although it wasn't a suite. Quiet.

522 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Beloit, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Loved this hotel! We were part of a conference but chose to upgrade to the Club level and it was truly a treat to experience and well worth the additional charge.. Although we had a glitch checking in, the staff could not have been friendlier, more attentive or more apologetic and went beyond any normal expectation to make things right. Housekeeping manager Ana, saved the evening for me with her personal service. And everyone involved in the Club lounge from early morning to late at night was gracious and again personally attentive. It was obvious long term relationships between guests and hotel staff have developed in the Lounge...everyone was treated like returning family. Rooms were comfortable, perhaps could use some refreshing but truly the outstanding quality of this hotel is the incredible staff...right down to the bartenders during the banquets who tracked me down to keep my champagne glass full while others drank wind. need I say more?

Room Tip: Spring for the Club level for incredible value and high floor for view.
Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

We took our two kids with us for a "Mother's Day" overnight and we were treated very well. The staff went out of their way to be accommodating on a pretty slow weekend, and we were surprised at the ample friendliness in an East Coast hotel. The views to DC were nice, and this location is attached to a big mall that had numerous options. Kids loved the pool and the girls went shopping. I've been in nicer Ritz-Carltons, but this was overall very good - and considerably more affordable than the DC Ritz. (The food was OK, although I am worried that the Ritz food is starting to feel more like a Marriott.) Our only complaint was that the breakfast buffet was poorly staffed: had to ask for plates and butter! That was not up to Ritz standards. But any complaints were more than offset by a lovely concierge lounge and terrific people skills by everyone we met.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the Potomac River - really nice!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Prescott, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

My husband and I were recently in DC for an event and to visit friends/family. We stayed for
eight nights at the Ritz at Pentagon City. We had s suite and the service from arrival to departure was excellent. The staff were very attentive and friendly at all times. Two of the days it was raining when we left the hotel and the valets were kind enough to let us use a Ritz umbrella all day, without asking how long, etc., etc.

We also liked that you now need your room key to access the hotel from the Mall. This allows only guests of the hotel in.

I will say though that the bathrooms off the lobby need a bit of renovating as they are starting to get a bit "tired" and beat up. I am always rating the ladies restrooms (as are most women) and when I went to use the Women's room off the lobby, I decided to just go back up to my room.
My brother-in-law was visiting us that day and he commented on the Men's restroom, that it was 'beat-up' and needed renovating. That's the only negative on the hotel.

We would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Not sure what side we were on, but we had a corner suite and heard no noise. The hotel is very quie...
Ithaca, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a 2 day conference and found every aspect of my stay completely enjoyable. It was extremely clean, the service was amazing, and I loved that it was attached to a 3-story high-end mall (the only deterent to spending more time in the mall were the insanely large groups of teenagers congesting it). There was also a lovely pedestrian area with shops and restaurants behind the hotel.

Bring cash to tip all of the people who are going to assist you during your stay.

Room Tip: If I had one complaint it would be that the walls are fairly thin, and the second night of my stay t...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Hotlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed here during a 3 day medical meeting. What you would expect from a Ritz in terms of service - kind and friendly with a 'can do' attitude... but the rooms were sort of a let down. They weren't terrible - just a bit worn and dated. Room was clean and comfortable though. Had an excellent lunch at their restaurant Fyve. Super flavorful and healthy - Ahi Nicoise salad.

Hotel is connected to a bustling and over crowded shopping mall. I think all the DC kid tour groups make a stop here... yikes! Great location for access to the metro (directly across the street) making it easy to get anywhere in DC quickly.

I would not pay more than 2-3 hundred bucks out of my own pocket to stay here. Not a bad place to stay though...

Kissimmee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

The staff of the hotel was fabulous. From arrival to departure the hotel staff made my visit very pleasant. Front desk, restaurant staff and bar staff went above and beyond to be accommodating. I look forward to my next visit. The location is superb and the access to the mall is a great addition to any trip whether for business or pleasure.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to The Ritz-Carlton Pentagon City? Share your experiences!