We just returned from five wonderful days in the Washington, DC area. We were in town to visit our son and cheer him on in his first marathon. The hotel was full, they had several events in the hotel, the Marine Corp Marathon was being run Sunday, and the Jon Stewart/Stephen Colbert's Rally to Restore Sanity and/or Fear was Saturday on the National Mall. Despite how busy the hotel was, the entire staff couldn't have been more friendly, considerate or professional. This was true from the calls we made to the hotel before our arrival and throughout our entire stay. The concierges in the business center were especially helpful and the housekeeping staff was very attentive to our needs.
Our room was small (see photo) and had a queen not a king sized bed. However it was a corner room with floor to ceiling windows on two sides, with wonderful views of the Key Bridge, Georgetown, the Potomac River, the Washington Monument, and Rosslyn, Virginia. The windows provided spectacular sunrises to greet us each each morning (see photo), and beautiful views day and night. The room was clean and very pleasant, and was entered from a small alcove off the main hallway, making the room very quiet.
The Marriott was the perfect location to watch the marathon as the 1 mile mark is on on side of the hotel and the 3 mile mark on the other. We were able to walk across the Key Bridge to the 9 mile mark, then were able to divide and see our son at 2 locations by the Lincoln Memorial, 2 sites near the Pentagon and at the finish. A perfect spot to stay for marathon runners and spectators alike.
The Marriott is conveniently located 2 blocks from the Rosslyn Metro stop, making getting into Washington easy, and the 5A bus goes directly from Dulles Airport to and from Rosslyn for $6 exact change. A scenic stroll across the bridge to Georgetown provides many dining and shopping choices, and wonderful walks in the historic area. There is also a shuttle bus from Rosslyn to Georgetown.
The lobby and restaurants were very pleasant and inviting. The pool had a lifeguard on duty and a wonderful large hot tub. The Starbucks kiosk/gift shop provided quick breakfasts and snacks. Marriott has free WiFi in the lobby and free computers with internet access in the business center, but only provides internet access in the rooms for a fee and via a hard wire connection. We were able to connect via the WiFi at the Holiday Inn across the street in our room, but I think Marriott needs to consider providing internet access for the room. It was become as expected as a hairdryer and a coffee maker (both of which they do provide) in a hotel room.
The hotel is very convenient for visitors to Washington and the National Mall, Georgetown, the Pentagon, and Arlington, VA. I definitely recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience Washington, DC in a brilliant new way at the Key Bridge Marriott. Located just across the river from Georgetown in Arlington, VA, our hotel offers easy access to the Nation's Capital, as well as to many vibrant Northern Virginia neighborhoods. Guest rooms and suites boast perks like pillowtop mattresses and enhanced high-speed Internet access. Some of our rooms also offer sweeping panoramic views of nearby Georgetown. If you're in Washington for work, you'll appreciate our 22 meeting rooms, free Wi-Fi in the lobby, and a modern business center. Weddings and events at our hotel are unforgettable, thanks to venues like the top-floor Capital View Ballroom, which provides breathtaking views of Washington, DC. And if you're here to explore the city, our hotel is the perfect base. We're just three blocks from the Rosslyn Metro - allowing you to discover Washington, DC and Arlington, Virginia at your own pace. We look forward to welcoming you to the Key Bridge Marriott. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Marriott, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Key Bridge Marriott reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Key Bridge Marriott Hotel Arlington
- Marriott Hotel Key Bridge
- Marriott Arlington
- Arlington Marriott