“Hotel was great - I will stay here again!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save Up to 25% in No. VA
Ranked #36 of 48 hotels in Arlington
dayton ohio
“Hotel was great - I will stay here again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2007

The Marriott was great - the staff was very friendly and accomodating. The room was nice and very clean. The beds are very comfy too! The bathroom was a bit small, but manageable. Nice pool inside and outside, as well as a very well maintained hot tub. Starbucks coffee in the gift shop - and the gift shop opened at 0700. Location is nice too - Georgetown is just a walk over the Key Bridge. You can walk to Arlington Cemetary in 10 minutes, as well as to plenty of restaurants, a grocery store, CVS, etc. within a 10 minute walk. And it's five minutes to the Rosslyn metro! I will definitely make this my hotel of choice when I stay in the metro DC area again - I highly recommend it - this it the first time I have ever reviewed anything, if that tells you how impressed I was!

• Liked — Staff everywhere were very friendly. Room was nice and comfy and clean.
  • Disliked — Bathroom was small, and if I wanted internet in my room, there was a daily fee of $9.95.
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business

627 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
cmagrino
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2007

My husband, being a rabid LA Dodgers fan who lives in New Jersey, decided that he wanted to make a trip to DC to see the Dodgers play the Nationals. So, not wanting to spend a whole lot of money, I headed to Priceline. We got this hotel for $65. We were thrilled. The hotel was nice and clean. The rooms were modern and the "revive" bed was heavenly!

Though check-in time was at 4pm, we arrived from NJ at about 1:30pm. We did not expect to be let into our room so early, especially since we were priceline customers (as has happened to us elsewhere), but we decided to give it a shot. Happily, the very pleasant gentleman at the desk checked us right in with a smile.

After checking in, we decided to head down to the bar, Pitchers for some lunch. There is also a restaurant, but that closed at 2:00pm until dinner time. I have to say the restaurants were the only disappointing thing about our visit. We sat down in Pitchers, and waited about 10-15 minutes for our waitress. When she finally arrived, I ordered a sandwich and a cup of soup. Not as a soup/sandwich combo, but a sandwich with an additional cup of soup. After waiting a good 20 minutes, we asked the waitress if I would be getting my soup any time soon. She told us it was coming very soon. Well, a couple minutes later, our sandwiches arrived. No soup. When I told the waitress, that I had not received my soup yet, she said, oh yes, it will be here in just a moment, as though it was the most natural thing in the world for the soup to be served after the meal had already arrived. All in all, this is not the worst thing that could happen, but was certainly mildly annoying.

The next morning, we slept in a little bit (couldn't drag ourselves out of that great bed!) and headed down to breakfast at about 10:20. We saw that there was a brunch buffet at Allie's, the restaurant. We decided to have this. We were seated at about 10:25. At about 10:40 my husband went up to get some cereal, and the display of cereal was no longer there. He asked one of the employees where the cereal display was, and he was informed that the buffet was closed at 10:30! Why, oh why, would you seat people at 10:25 for a buffet that closes at 10:30? I will say that the manager was very nice, and after we complained, kept the buffet open for us until we left, however this being the 2nd issue we had with the restaurants, I would eat elsewhere were I ever to go back.

All in all, the hotel was excellent, the restaurants left something to be desired.

I would stay again.

• Liked — The "Revive" bed
  • Disliked — The restaurant service.
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
Cincy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2007

We had a great time at this hotel! Restaurant was good, very close to the Subway system and Subway was very easy to manuever and very cheap! Walked over the bridge to Georgetown, great little place to check out. If you want to save money and be taken care of this is the place to stay. If you don't have a good time you were looking for things to complain about. Oh one thing that upset me was there was not valet parking and the gentleman (bellman) did not come out to my car to help unload, however he did run out to a car that arrived after I did (guess he thought they had more money. Not cool!). I thought that was rude! So, I kept my tip and unloaded myself.

• Liked — Great bed.
  • Disliked — The older bellman
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
South Bend
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2007

The hotel is in great location, about two blocks from Metro Rosslyn station. Unfortunately the staff are not very friendly and the bathroom has no fan!!

Stayed March 2007
new jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2007

great location stayed for business in D.C.Can take a taxi over the key Bridge in D.C.in minutes,Hotel also has a great shuttle to D.C. toGeorgetown for shopping or sight seeing.Stayed on the 12th floor a great view of the capitol Potomac etc.Restaurant served great food breakfast buffet $14.00 But worth it.Had to pay to park but hotel has a good rate for the rooms.If you would like to sight see in Arlington don't stay here because it isn't close to any shopping or walking to sight see unless you take the shuttle or taxii.You almost have to eat at the hotel because there are no other restaurants in walking distance if you take a taxi restaruants are 10 minutes away.Hotel employee's are very helpful and a fast checkin.

• Liked — View and restaurants
  • Disliked — parking in underground garage
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
austin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2007

The Key Bridge Marriott, in my opinion, is a basic, mid level traveller's hotel. My room was clean, comfortable and well appointed. The bed was comfortable and had lots of nice pillows. I could have used an extra blanket, but it was fine. Nice, large TV with cable, etc. Lots of hangers and good closet space. The bathroom was fine, although the toilet didn't flush easily and a few of the ceiling tiles had some mold. No fan. Good supply of toiletries. The rooms weren't very soundproof and I could hear the kids next door. The facilities were fine...although the girl at the pool was LAZY and not helpful. After seeing the pool empty for the better part of the afternoon/evening, when we took a swim, 5 minutes later she ordered us out for her break. NOT a good impression. The restaurant was fine, average food. Gift shop was basic and could have been better stocked. Desk staff was very polite. All in all, a great value for someone who doesn't plan to spend alot of time in their room.

• Liked — cleanliness, reliability
  • Disliked — the unfriendly pool lifeguard
  • Stayed March 2007
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2007

In a word - BLAH! This hotel must've been built in the 50's or earlier. It has the feel of a poorly maintained budget rest stop. The room I stayed in was extremely cold and poorly insulated - the room couldnt get warm despite running the heater at 78 degrees the entire night!

The bathroom was in need of repair and looked like it had been remodeled on an extremely tight budget. Simple things like the soap dish with cracks in it were common. The ceiling tiles looked like they'd pop out any minute. The counter top was barely large enough to accomodate my toiletry bag.

Others in my group complained of poor water pressure on the 3rd floor (I was on the 2nd, where it was adequate).

I stayed for 3 nights and would not return again. If you can get this place for $65-70 a night I suppose its worth it - but don't expect the usual quality you find in most Marriotts.

There was construction going on while I was there, but we left too early in the a.m. to experience any problems/noise.

• Liked — They had coffee in the lobby.
  • Disliked — The room with paper-like walls allowing the cold air in.
  • Stayed February 2007
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Key Bridge Marriott? Share your experiences!