My husband, being a rabid LA Dodgers fan who lives in New Jersey, decided that he wanted to make a trip to DC to see the Dodgers play the Nationals. So, not wanting to spend a whole lot of money, I headed to Priceline. We got this hotel for $65. We were thrilled. The hotel was nice and clean. The rooms were modern and the "revive" bed was heavenly!
Though check-in time was at 4pm, we arrived from NJ at about 1:30pm. We did not expect to be let into our room so early, especially since we were priceline customers (as has happened to us elsewhere), but we decided to give it a shot. Happily, the very pleasant gentleman at the desk checked us right in with a smile.
After checking in, we decided to head down to the bar, Pitchers for some lunch. There is also a restaurant, but that closed at 2:00pm until dinner time. I have to say the restaurants were the only disappointing thing about our visit. We sat down in Pitchers, and waited about 10-15 minutes for our waitress. When she finally arrived, I ordered a sandwich and a cup of soup. Not as a soup/sandwich combo, but a sandwich with an additional cup of soup. After waiting a good 20 minutes, we asked the waitress if I would be getting my soup any time soon. She told us it was coming very soon. Well, a couple minutes later, our sandwiches arrived. No soup. When I told the waitress, that I had not received my soup yet, she said, oh yes, it will be here in just a moment, as though it was the most natural thing in the world for the soup to be served after the meal had already arrived. All in all, this is not the worst thing that could happen, but was certainly mildly annoying.
The next morning, we slept in a little bit (couldn't drag ourselves out of that great bed!) and headed down to breakfast at about 10:20. We saw that there was a brunch buffet at Allie's, the restaurant. We decided to have this. We were seated at about 10:25. At about 10:40 my husband went up to get some cereal, and the display of cereal was no longer there. He asked one of the employees where the cereal display was, and he was informed that the buffet was closed at 10:30! Why, oh why, would you seat people at 10:25 for a buffet that closes at 10:30? I will say that the manager was very nice, and after we complained, kept the buffet open for us until we left, however this being the 2nd issue we had with the restaurants, I would eat elsewhere were I ever to go back.
All in all, the hotel was excellent, the restaurants left something to be desired.
I would stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated just across the Potomac River from Georgetown, our hotel offers panoramic views of the sights and sounds of the nation's capital. Being a premier choice among Arlington, VA and Georgetown, DC hotels, we provide direct access to Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport as well as the corporations and government agencies of Northern Virginia saving you travel time in and out of the District. For travelers looking to take in the area's famous landmarks such as the Smithsonian Museums, Iwo Jima Memorial, Arlington National Cemetery and the National Monuments, hop on the DC Metro system at the Rosslyn Metro station, only 3 blocks from our front door. You'll find stylish surroundings inside our hotel as well. Our hotel features an open lobby with private seating nooks and complimentary wireless internet access. Our Revival Restaurant and Connexion Lounge offer an classic dishes and comfort foods with a modern interpretation. We also offer 17,000 sq ft of event space across 22 rooms including the top-floor Capital View Ballroom which seats up to 300 and offers penthouse views. Perfect for your next celebration. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Marriott, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Travelocity, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Key Bridge Marriott reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Key Bridge Marriott Hotel Arlington
- Marriott Hotel Key Bridge
- Marriott Arlington
- Arlington Marriott