“It's time Marriott considers knocking this place down and rebuilding” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Key Bridge Marriott

Special Offer
Hot Summer Deal: 25% Off
Ranked #36 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Atlanta, GA
“It's time Marriott considers knocking this place down and rebuilding”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2009

I stayed here for several days due to a conference being held in Rosslyn. This is clearly an outdated building. It looks like it was built in the 60's or ealy 70's and while they've redone the lobby areas, the rooms appear to be mostly unchanged. (Sure, they put up some new wallpaper and a few other updates but there's only so much you can do before it's time to renovate). The rooms are small and cramped; the furniture in the rooms is definitely a notch lower than the higher-level Marriotts in DC; overall the feel of the room is that of a worn out hotel. The TV is the old-style rather than HD flat screen (all decent Marriotts have upgraded -- why not this place?). There are a lot of little negatives...old tub and fixtures; not enough power plugs in the room for convenience; very cramped desk area; no wireless WiFi (only wired connection which forces you to remain at desk). if your room faces into the courtyard, you get to see firsthand the awful 60's or early 70's style of the building exterior. If you get a room facing the river, you at least have a nicer view.

Staff was friendly but not especially competent. I arrived early and had asked for a feather-free room, which generally just means foam pillows instead of feather. Not big deal. I was told that the "feather-free room" wasn't ready. I told them I would wait since they said it would be about an hour. I gave up 1.5 hours later because it still wasn't ready and I was tired of waiting. The person at check-in was apologetic but said that they were having trouble getting housekeeping to respond. (What is this -- The Motel 6?). They could have at least offered to bring up some foam pillows later but that would have required too much thought. Not a business class hotel...

The only positive about this hotel is that it's very close to the Key Bridge so you can walk over to Georgetown in about 10 minutes. In the other direction, you can walk 10 minutes to the Rosslyn Metro station. That's convenient but I'm not sure it would be enough to make someone stay here when there are better hotels on both sides of the river in this price range. Personally, I would not stay here again unless I happened to come across a very deeply discounted rate.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2009

We stayed at the Key Bridge Marriott for a family wedding. The hotel staff were excellent, the rooms clean, very comfortable, near the DC metro stop, walked to Georgetown for dining,
was a great hotel, with a great price!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Long Island, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2009

My family decided to stay in D.C. for Memorial Weekend and again stayed at this hotel. I have been a frequent visitor to the area and almost always find the rates here are the best- staying elsewhere generally only when the hotel is booked. A recent makeover transformed a good family vacation spot into a more sleek and sophisticated place well suited for business travel and catered affairs. The staff has always been top notch, friendly and accomodating in a number of situations, which have included upgrades in rooms when available, as well as a car breakdown and ill child requiring a very late check out. Easily reached off a main highway, you can park your car and forget it till you leave, as the metro is only a few blocks away, with many restaurants and stores not subject to the tourist crowds. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2009

I left this hotel after one sleepless night for another hotel in DC which was better and cheaper. Key Bridge hotel lousy experience (1) check-in a joke long lines with staff slow to respond, (2) keyless room card was absurdly difficult to operate - two (2) trips to front desk and three or more tries every time to open the door,(3)no online concierge requested items in room - numerous request to get items, (4) a/c weak at best, (5)paid a premium commencement weekend non refundable rate for second class experience. Go to Omni off Connecticut...better value around..bigger rooms, better beds, better ac, etc..

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2009

Easy place to catch the metro to DC. Enjoyed 3 nights sightseeing in DC. Hotel staff was great. Conceirge level has a great staff. Would stay here again if we were in DC.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
LosAngeles, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2009

This is the first review I've written with such a high rating. I booked through the website for a substantial discount, but called the hotel to ensure I would get two double beds rather than a king as I was arriving late and was worried that all the doubles would be taken. When I arrived I got a double, but it was on the first floor immediately off the lobby. I was disappointed, but needed the two beds. The man at the registration desk said that he could hold a room for me and I could change rooms the next day. Once I had walked to the room on floor one, I received a phone call and was told for my inconvenience I would get over a 10% reduction and free breakfast each morning!

We did switch rooms at about 6 pm the following day and at that point I was given a room with a stunning view of Georgetown and the Potomac. It was amazing and the wonderful weather, cheery blossoms and tulips everywhere made it a picture perfect visit.

Our first night we got a Georgetown restaurant list and walked over the Key Bridge to eat. The next night we took the metro to Dupont Circle to eat and then walked to The Mall and saw the monuments lit up.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Coral Springs, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2009

First impressions mean a lot and our first impressions were not good. There was no one present to help with luggage when we pulled up and when we entered the lobby we were greeted by a horrific smell. The reception clerk told us it was "fish" from the restaurant just off of the lobby. I did get a whiff of the same odor each time I was in the lobby but it was not as bad. We were visiting the second day of Passover and asked for matzoh from our server in the restaurant. Not only did they not have matzoh, they did not even know what it was. On a positive note the restaurant manager scoured the kitchen until she came up with a reasonable substitute. Our reservation "guaranteed" us a king sized bed. What we got was not much larger than an extended double bed. The mattress left both my husband and myself with morning backaches.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Key Bridge Marriott? Share your experiences!