“I would NOT recommend this hotel.” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 25% off
Ranked #36 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Coral Springs, Florida
“I would NOT recommend this hotel.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2009

First impressions mean a lot and our first impressions were not good. There was no one present to help with luggage when we pulled up and when we entered the lobby we were greeted by a horrific smell. The reception clerk told us it was "fish" from the restaurant just off of the lobby. I did get a whiff of the same odor each time I was in the lobby but it was not as bad. We were visiting the second day of Passover and asked for matzoh from our server in the restaurant. Not only did they not have matzoh, they did not even know what it was. On a positive note the restaurant manager scoured the kitchen until she came up with a reasonable substitute. Our reservation "guaranteed" us a king sized bed. What we got was not much larger than an extended double bed. The mattress left both my husband and myself with morning backaches.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2009

I was attending a conference in the hotel so the location was great for me. It's an older hotel that has been updated since the last time I stayed here 10 years ago. The lobby, rooms, restaurants were all freshly done and very appealing. The bed was comfortable, the room a decent size. Room service was prompt and the food was good (although pricey but you've got to expect that). Check in and out was easy.

For all the upgrades, there were still a couple of issues. The first morning of my stay there was NO hot water and no water pressure at 6 am. Not just my room, the entire hotel. I had a hard time rinsing the shampoo out of my hair. Also internet service was spotty, especially in the conference rooms in the basement where the conference was held.

The location of the hotel itself is good. It is right at the foot of the Key Bridge and a short walk to Georgetown. Also a couple of blocks from the Rosslyn metro stop. So you can get almost anywhere in the metro area fairly easily. It's also a farily short ride to Reagan National Airport.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Pittsburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2009

This was not our first trip to DC, but it was one of the best. Great location, with an easy 3 block walk to the metro. Rooms were clean and staff was very nice and helpful.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2009

This hotel was super clean and very nice. The food was excellent and the breakfast buffet was unbelievable!!! The staff was beyond helpful, courteous and friendly. We came for a short trip to visit Washingon and the sites-close to the metro and safe area.
The kids loved the hotel pool and hot tub-very nice and big. The pool was open till 11 pm which was one of the main reasons i picked this hotel. And after a long day of walking we were all glad I picked this hotel!! The rooms were small but we weren't in them but to sleep so it didnt matter and the beds were extremely comfortable!!!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2009

I spent the end of the evening of my 50th birthday laying in the most wonderfully soft bed looking out over the Washington Monument with the lights sparkling on the water of the Potomac. I felt like I was laying on a cloud just above the city looking down on the sixth floor. It was heavenly. When room service found out it was my birthday they added a piece of chocolate cake with raspberry sauce to go with the bottle of wine that we ordered with a candle lighting up two carnations 2 wine glasses on a little round tray. We got to the hotel after enjoying an evening in Arlington and with having been drinking and the weather getting snowy and icy, we thought it would be best to stay right there instead of driving. We made it in just in time to sink into the hot tub before heading up to our room. Its the only hotel in the area that has a pool that stays open till 11 and check out time at noon. After we slept in we drove over the bridge and had brunch at Clydes in Georgetown. This building may be older but some things never change and that is a great view in a well maintained building that has a classy simplicity with a friendly staff. Our room was traditionally decorated and nice. The lobby area has a very modern decor. I would definitely love to go back and do the same thing again and plan to as soon as I can. I can't get enough of our nation's capital and that place holds it own sitting up just above the city.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2009

Hotel was nice however the staff including the hotel manager were clueless. As visitors to Washington DC we did not know where anything was, we asked the front desk clerk on two diffrent occassions including a manager simple things like places to eat, where can we park to visit the monuments and they did not know. We were on our own in figuring things out. Hotel staff should know the area and be able to assist their guests in any manner even if it means going and finding out the answer. Also you have to pay an additional $17.00 a day to park, I have never stayed in a hotel where I had to pay to park at their hotel, guess paying for the room was not enough.

• Liked — Area
  • Disliked — Staff
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Burlington, VT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2009

I stayed here with some colleagues from my nonprofit for a national conference. It was the conference hotel & thus convenient to stay here, with other options nearby. After some searching, I got a deal through a kayak.com search similar to the conference rate, which had expired by the time I booked.
This property was recently renovated & our room was in nearly new shape. Very comfortable beds & clean room, if a bit on the small side. Most rooms offer a great view of DC & Georgetown's nightlife is a 10-minute walk, just over the Key Bridge. (About the same distance to walk from the Rosslyn Metro stop.)
Excellent indoor/outdoor pool and fitness center right on the property. Meeting rooms were comfortable, food was better than average, service was terrific. Nice bar off the lobby. Only complaint is that they charge for Internet use, except for wireless access in the lobby area only. I'd come back.

• Liked — Location, Pool & fitness ctr.
  • Disliked — Challenges getting online
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Key Bridge Marriott? Share your experiences!