“Good stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #36 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Switzerland
“Good stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I stayed there for business purpose. I got a nice and quiet room overlooking Georgetown University. The concierge and the reception staff were very helpful.

Room service was good and fast. There is only one bar/restaurant in the hotel which serves light dishes but it was tasty.

The location is good as it is a 5 minutes walk over the bridge to Georgetown and to Rosslyn metro station.

Overall a very good stay and a pleasant hotel.

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
St. Thomas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I recently stayed at this hotel for a business trip. I was very disappointed with the condition, especially since it is a Marriott property. The rooms definitely need an upgrading. There is nothing spectacular there. At times the staff was not as friendly as I would have liked. The cashier (her name is Ninh) at the shop/store was downright rude on tow separate occasions. The female (Asian) bartender was also--ignoring my presence at the bar, but seeing someone else and serving them before me after I had been sitting in the same spot waiting for her to finish her conversation for over 5 minutes.

Room Tip: Avoid the ground floor. There is nothing to see.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Daniela F, Executive Assistant at Key Bridge Marriott, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear Emani E,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Key Bridge Marriott with us. One of our key priorities is to provide the highest level of friendly and courteous service. While it was a pleasure having you here as our guest, your feedback regarding the service our team provided caught my attention. I am very sorry to learn that the quality of service provided by our staff did not quite meet your or our own expectations. Please rest assured that your comments have been shared with the appropriate teams in an effort to improve our dining and overall service. We hope to serve you again whenever your travels bring you back to Arlington and provide you with the premium experience that not only meets, but exceeds your expectations.

St. Pete Beach, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The hotel has undergone a powder puff renovation--new carpet in hallways, and newly painted walls and a few other minor improvements--which are all cosmetic.The staff is friendly and attempts to be accommodating. The HVAV system appears to be original to the hotel which is about 50 years old. Simply stated, the rooms do not cool. My thermostat was set at 65' with the curtains closed and the room never got below 75'. The fitness room will compel you lose weight though since there is no a/c in it at all and no fans either. It was hot and very uncomfortable. This is an unhealthy situation. The hotel does have a good location though and is a short walk (for most) to the Metro and is reasonably short walk over Key Bridge to Georgetown. The concierge lounge offers a good selection of breakfast items and almost always has decent salad at night. The room is hot though and don't even think of changing one of the channels on the three tvs. You will incur the wrath of the staff.

Room Tip: ask for a room facing the Washington Monument or Georgetown--less traffic noise
Green Features: they do not seem to recycle--no bins in rooms for doing so
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Daniela F, Executive Assistant at Key Bridge Marriott, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Tom q,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We have just finished our refresh project in the guest rooms and corridors. During renovations we take all necessary precautions to minimize any issues that may create any inconvenience for our guests; however, an unexpected issue may arise.

Please send me a direct message with the room number you stayed in, I would like to share your feedback in your review with our Executive committee for review in an effort to make sure we eliminate those deficiencies. We certainly would like to get a second opportunity to serve you in the near future.

Kindest regards,
Timbuktu, Mali
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

It's a Marriott, c'mon, how bad could it be? The location is awesome. It's right across the river from Georgetown. It's close to the Metro station. The rooms have been updated. I ran to the mall (on the opposite side of the river), Capitol, Supreme Court and back one day - nine miles. If you run on the trail on this side of the river, you can run to Roosevelt Island. The Capital Crescent Trail is on the opposite side of the river as well.

I was on the 6th floor with a view of the Washington Monument. If you were up on a higher floor than I was on, you could likely see the whole mall and monuments. They put me in 150, I believe it was, at first. It was the very first room on the first floor. If I had a car, I may have stayed in it, because it had a second door right out to the parking lot.

Some of my buddies looked up reviews of this place and it is apparently the oldest Marriott. They were laughing at me for staying here. The previous record holder has apparently been torn down. It's old and it's dated on the outside, but the room was nice. I had stayed the night before at a Comfort Inn, so I may have been more readily impressed. But my buddies were wrong and the laugh is on them. I guess, if you spend a lot of time gazing at the exterior of the hotel in which you're staying, this probably is not the place for you. The inside is very comfortable and up-to-date. See the photos below.

I enjoyed my stay here and wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: The higher the floor, the better view you will have. You could ask for a view toward the mall or to...
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
va beach va
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

So glad we went back! Entirely different experience from the last time a few months ago!! This hotel is in a sweet spot…across the river from Georgetown with wonderful views of DC. There is a great 'Connection Center'…part bar and part meeting place. Very friendly staff….Starbucks coffee served in Bistro. Great stay….we'll be back!

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking DC are preferable
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We are here for a business conference ( Wednesday - Friday ) and then staying an extra romantic night ( Friday- Saturday)
The reservation is under Rob's name for the conference and mine tomorrow night but we are both on both reservations and I called THREE times prior to our trip to she certain that we won't have to change rooms on Friday night and that we gave a room on a high floor with a lovely view, ( which others recommended on tripadvisor).
We are both elite members so we expected no glitches. But check in was a nightmare !
After arriving, we were told our room would be ready shortly and to have lunch and it would be finished very quickly.
That was noon and upsetting because we had requested and were promised an early check in

We had lunch, checked back, and we're told, once again, that the room was , " almost ready"
This went on for 2 more hours!
We were exhausted and told that it might actually be another hour or so
We begged for help and wound up taking a room with two double beds instead of the king bed we had reserved
It is a special occasion trip and so that started is off on the wrong foot
Now I'm in terror that there will be a mess up tomorrow when we shift to the next night on the " tied together " reservation
I stay frequently at JW Marriotts and adore them and the service
And as an elite member they are always wonderful to us.
But this has been bumpy so far.
And sad when it should be special

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Daniela F, Executive Assistant at Key Bridge Marriott, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Lynnesjackson,

Thank you for providing feedback that will ultimately help improve our service procedures as well as effectiveness. As a valued guest, I am disappointed to hear your experience has not been pleasant so far. With aspiration to always exceed guest expectations, we have unfortunately fallen short of this goal during your stay. I have spoken to our Front Office, to make sure that the remainder of your stay goes smoothly. Thank you again for your feedback.

Kindest Regards,
Executive Assistant
Oosterhout, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Typical, run of the mill business hotel, conveniently located within walking distance of Wilson Blvd which offers many restaurants.
Beds, as always, are excellent, as is the service (great bar), but the rooms and especially the bathrooms are in need of an overhaul. Wifi is dodgy to say the least and the room was so noisy it was like I slept with the window open next to the very busy roads criss-crossing past the hotel.
In all, average, yet pricy.

Stayed April 2015
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent feedback for your stay at the Key Bridge Marriott. One of our key priorities is to provide the highest level of service to our guests. I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay regarding the guest rooms, bathrooms and wifi. Please rest assured, we value your feedback, and have shared your information with the appropriate hotel team. We hope you will return!

Kindly,
Daniela F.

Been to Key Bridge Marriott? Share your experiences!