“super nice hotel!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #36 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
pa
“super nice hotel!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2009

This hotel was super clean and very nice. The food was excellent and the breakfast buffet was unbelievable!!! The staff was beyond helpful, courteous and friendly. We came for a short trip to visit Washingon and the sites-close to the metro and safe area.
The kids loved the hotel pool and hot tub-very nice and big. The pool was open till 11 pm which was one of the main reasons i picked this hotel. And after a long day of walking we were all glad I picked this hotel!! The rooms were small but we weren't in them but to sleep so it didnt matter and the beds were extremely comfortable!!!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2009

I spent the end of the evening of my 50th birthday laying in the most wonderfully soft bed looking out over the Washington Monument with the lights sparkling on the water of the Potomac. I felt like I was laying on a cloud just above the city looking down on the sixth floor. It was heavenly. When room service found out it was my birthday they added a piece of chocolate cake with raspberry sauce to go with the bottle of wine that we ordered with a candle lighting up two carnations 2 wine glasses on a little round tray. We got to the hotel after enjoying an evening in Arlington and with having been drinking and the weather getting snowy and icy, we thought it would be best to stay right there instead of driving. We made it in just in time to sink into the hot tub before heading up to our room. Its the only hotel in the area that has a pool that stays open till 11 and check out time at noon. After we slept in we drove over the bridge and had brunch at Clydes in Georgetown. This building may be older but some things never change and that is a great view in a well maintained building that has a classy simplicity with a friendly staff. Our room was traditionally decorated and nice. The lobby area has a very modern decor. I would definitely love to go back and do the same thing again and plan to as soon as I can. I can't get enough of our nation's capital and that place holds it own sitting up just above the city.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2009

Hotel was nice however the staff including the hotel manager were clueless. As visitors to Washington DC we did not know where anything was, we asked the front desk clerk on two diffrent occassions including a manager simple things like places to eat, where can we park to visit the monuments and they did not know. We were on our own in figuring things out. Hotel staff should know the area and be able to assist their guests in any manner even if it means going and finding out the answer. Also you have to pay an additional $17.00 a day to park, I have never stayed in a hotel where I had to pay to park at their hotel, guess paying for the room was not enough.

• Liked — Area
  • Disliked — Staff
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Burlington, VT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2009

I stayed here with some colleagues from my nonprofit for a national conference. It was the conference hotel & thus convenient to stay here, with other options nearby. After some searching, I got a deal through a kayak.com search similar to the conference rate, which had expired by the time I booked.
This property was recently renovated & our room was in nearly new shape. Very comfortable beds & clean room, if a bit on the small side. Most rooms offer a great view of DC & Georgetown's nightlife is a 10-minute walk, just over the Key Bridge. (About the same distance to walk from the Rosslyn Metro stop.)
Excellent indoor/outdoor pool and fitness center right on the property. Meeting rooms were comfortable, food was better than average, service was terrific. Nice bar off the lobby. Only complaint is that they charge for Internet use, except for wireless access in the lobby area only. I'd come back.

• Liked — Location, Pool & fitness ctr.
  • Disliked — Challenges getting online
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Houston, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2009

I read somewhere that this is the very first Marriott - it sure felt like it. It's obvious that there's been a decent amount of renovation around the property - but the rooms are really small, the bathroom tiny, and the work out center easily the worst of the any Marriott I've stayed at in years. Not sure it would be my first choice when I visit DC in the future.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2008

We stayed at this hotel last weekend for a friends wedding in Georgetown (DC). I stayed here about 2 years ago for another friends wedding in DC as well & they've redone the inside of the hotel. It's got a good location (literally across the bridge from G'town) and the rate was pretty reasonable (we did use the AAA discount though).

Overall, good hotel - we got a room that overlooked DC, so if you stay here, try to get a room in the Capital tower of the building.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Internet cost money
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Omaha
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2008

I am 3 days into a 5 day trip and am not too pleased with this property. I always stay at Marriott properties as I travel a lot for business. The first thing I noticed was how cramped the room was. There were 2 queen beds that left very little room to walk around. The second comlaint I had was with the TV remote. It didn't work. When they brought me a replacement, it too did not work. The third complaint I had was that they charged for Internet. I am paying over $200/night for a cramped room with no TV remote and I have to pay $9.95/day for Internet! I can pay $32.95/night at a Motel 6 and get free Internet! Ridiculous! Because of this I will be rethinking where I stay. Hampton inns have bigger rooms, free breakfast and FREE Internet.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Key Bridge Marriott? Share your experiences!