“Unhappy customer” 1 of 5 stars

FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #36 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
“Unhappy customer”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

Do not stay at this hotel while they are doing renovations!! We checked into the room which was a little small. We went out to Georgetown and when we returned we had a very strong chemical smell in the room. It began to burn my eyes And my throat. They explained that they had to do renovations and they only were taking care of complaints as they came in. I can't believe that they sent customers to try it out before warning them that it was a dangerous situation. They did have us move to another room but Its hours later and my throat and eyes are still burning. Very disappointed with Marriott. Who knows what kind of toxic chemicals we were breathing in.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Came year for an industry meeting and stayed for the weekend to explore. All was great until the person at the front desk wouldn't book me a fab for the airport stating that in the morning there are usually taxis there but it's a first come basis. This is the whole reason you book a ride so there's no drama. Her ignorance and apathy towards my requests soured an otherwise great stay.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Daniela F, Executive Assistant at Key Bridge Marriott, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear martinsZ4854YO,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Key Bridge Marriott with us. One of our key priorities is to provide the highest level of friendly and courteous service. While it was a pleasure having you here as our guest, your feedback regarding the service our team provided caught my attention. I am very sorry to learn that the quality of service provided by our front desk staff did not quite meet your or our own expectations. Please rest assured that your comments have been shared with the Front Desk in an effort to improve our arrival and departure experience.

We hope to serve you again whenever your travels bring you back to Arlington and provide you with the premium experience that not only meets, but exceeds your expectations.

Kinmel Bay, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We stayed at Key Bridge Marriott for 2 nights as a late gift from my Aunt as we were visiting her in Virginia from the UK. The hotel is very convenient for visiting Georgetown and DC with the former being just a stroll over the bridge. On checking in we were originally given a room which looked at the "City" but it turned out to be the skyscrapers of Arlington. My Aunt wanted us to have a better view and we consequently managed to get a room on the 6th floor overlooking DC and Georgetown, it was probably the only room available (suitable for disabled people, wider doors etc). The room was clean and the bed very comfortable. Breakfast was ok, though I did find the bacon and sausage etc weren't particularly hot, but there is the Continental alternative along with a lovely lady cooking freshly made omelettes.Overall the stay was ok the hotel itself needs updating and I believe that at the time of our visit 2 floors were closed for refurbishment

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Daniela F, Executive Assistant at Key Bridge Marriott, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Recent Guest,

As a valued guest, I was disappointed to hear about your experience. With aspiration to always exceed guest expectations, we have unfortunately fallen short of this goal during your recent stay. Your valued feedback highlighted a number of areas for improvement that I have since shared with the appropriate department leaders.

Upholding our commitment to provide a memorable experience with exceptional service, we hope to have an opportunity to better your experience with us whenever your travels bring you back to Arlington.

Santa Clara, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Okay, so I cannot begin to express my disappointment in this Marriott. As a platinum member, I expected better. Note that when the reservation was made, there was no mention that the hotel is under renovation. This is a MUCH needed renovation I might add.

So I got a room that was 2 floors below the renovation and the noise during the day was unbearable. I don't understand why they don't simply put business people (the hotel was full of high school students as well) in the part of the hotel NOT under renovation. There is nothing special about this place.

So I complained about the noise and the desk manager said that he'd talk to the people. Well they went down a few rooms, but that didn't help. I was told they'd stop at 5pm...... well at 5:35 pm I went down the the front desk to complain. They told me they stopped at 5, which was not true.

The manager offered me wine to be sent to my room as an apology. They sent up the order form, but no wine.

The good:
1. Room was clean, but needed updating, especially the bathroom

What needs work:
1. Bathroom needs updating,
2. Lack of plugs by the bed
3. The Service is horrible. People really don't know what they are doing. It's like they are all new to hospitality.
3. NOISY NOISY NOISY!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Ask to be put far as possible away from the construction.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Dear A W,

Thank you very much for your candid review of your recent stay at our hotel. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, as we strive to improve with each and every stay. I greatly appreciate your comments about aspects of the room that need updating and about the noise. In taking great care of our hotel, our main priority is to be able to offer a very well-maintained and comfortable atmosphere. I hope that I can convince you to change your mind about another visit to our property to be able to turn your experience around. It would be such a pleasure to personally welcome you back to our refreshed rooms!

Kindest regards,
Crozet, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

As a Marriot Elite Gold member (or whatever it's called), we get free parking, free internet, free breakfasts, and--a first--free dinners. That was all nice. The hotel is about a block and a half from the Rosslyn Metro, so we easily made it to DC sites, the Verizon Center, the Nationals Ballpark, Arlington Cemetery (one stop away), and walked to Georgetown for cupcakes from Sprinkles.

The room, unfortunately, smelled like spray paint whenever we returned in the afternoon. We are not the complaining types, so we just turned on the fan and got used to it. On the third day of it smelling like this, however, my husband went ahead and called the front desk just to see what was up. Turns out they are renovating rooms on the 9th floor. She was surprised we could smell it, since we were on the 14th floor, but we assured her we could. There was not really anything she could do about it.

The only other negative about the room was that is was extremely narrow. If my husband sat at the desk to work, we could not walk between his chair and the bed in order to get rom one end of the room to the other. If the desk were at the far end of the room, by the window, that problem would be eliminated (but it is built into the dresser/counter). This was just a minor inconvenience.

We had good help getting to the Metro, getting a cab, and getting recommendations to restaurants, etc.

There is a pool, etc., which we did not use.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Dear Katrien V,

Thank you for your review. I’m happy to hear you had an easy check in and enjoyed the ambiance of our property. However, I am certainly disappointed by the amount of noise and odor you experienced in your guest room from the renovation. We pride ourselves on our cleanliness and service, as I suspect you saw through out the rest of the property. Your experience falls way below our standards and I apologize for that. Rest assured, we are taking steps to help ensure noise problems of this nature do not occur in the future.

As a valued Marriott Rewards member, thank you again for your feedback and we hope to serve you again whenever your travels bring you back to Arlington.

Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I have driven by this hotel for years without stopping. Decided to spent the weekend for a 5k. The hotel staff were very friendly. I was completely worried when I saw buses, teens and a wedding party in the lot. All nice people with the potential to party when I want to sleep. Never heard a peep from them. Room was comfortable. Bath a little small. You would think that someone would have solved the "lets open the bathroom door into the toilet with a small space". Not a knock on the Marriott, all hotels have this same issue to some degree. Room was clean. The hotel has onsite parking. It is very close to the Metro(subway). About a 5 minute walk. Would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Yorktown Heights, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We arrived early from DCA by Metro stop located within 5 minutes walking of the hotel. The hotel is literally at the foot of the Key Bridge in Arlington directly across from Georgetown. Although checkin wasn't for hours we were given our room. They staff were very accommodating. The hotel has recently undergone renovations and everything was clean and new. It is the perfect location for singles, couples or families. It has a large lounge area, breakfast restaurant and restaurant and bar. There is also a cafe with Starbucks coffee service and lots of other snacks and sundries. After checkin we took off across the bridge to Georgetown and spent the day there before walking back to the hotel in the late afternoon. The outside of the property needs some cleaning up in the back. Wasn't a big deal. The outdoor pool is still closed but it would be a great break in the warmer weather. There is an indoor pool and fitness equipment as well.

Room Tip: Higher floors have views of the Potomac and Georgetown.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends

Been to Key Bridge Marriott? Share your experiences!