“Horrible staff operator (pbx)” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay for Breakfast!
Ranked #36 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Alexandria, Virginia
“Horrible staff operator (pbx)”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I came to see the hotel's bar facility, upon arrival 01/19 I called the hotel to locate appropriate parking or valet.
No valet is available (understandable) but operator was extremely rude and unpleasant. With an attitude and couldn't simply say to the right of the hotel. It's night time so locate a garage can be challenging when you are not familiar with the facility.
She was rude and I didn't expect that from an operator which job is to be pleasant to the guests. Well. It's Marriott and service is not their priority. You get what you pay for. Will never be back.

• Stayed January 2015
Daniela F, Executive Assistant at Key Bridge Marriott, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Karin,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Key Bridge Marriott with us. I am disappointed to learn that we fell short of your expectations. I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay. We take great pride in providing exceptional service to our guests. I have sent you a private message for more details regarding your stay, please get back to me at your earliest convenience and I would request you to please provide us one more opportunity to show you the standard of hospitality that we cherish at Marriott.

Executive Assistant

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
Vienna, Austria
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I have stayed at this hotel a number of times, my employer books here. The rooms are really poorly insulated. There are gaps around the sliding glass doors that let a cold draft and any noise in. So you end up having to crank up the heat which leads to the room being hot when you get up and cold and drafty by your feet. Next time, I should probably bring a roll of duct tape.

The front desk staff is very friendly. Service at breakfast ist quite slow, just to get some coffee or tea takes a while. Maybe they should have coffee and tea machines so guests can get them themselves without the wait.

The location is convenient to the Metro and it's easy to walk to Georgetown.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Dear FQTVVIE,

Thank you for your recent feedback on Trip Advisor. I want to take this opportunity to apologize on behalf of our staff for not fixing the issues you encountered in a timely manner. Our hosts always offer extra blankets or the option for switching rooms so I am not sure what happened this time and will discuss with our desk how to better handle these issues going forward. I have also contacted the Restaurant Manager in regards to the waiting time you encountered. Rest assured, we are taking steps to help ensure problems of this nature do not occur in the future. We do appreciate you bringing this to our concern.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to serve you again whenever your travels bring you back to Arlington.

Kindest Regards,
Hull
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I enjoyed my 4 nights here finding the room comfortable and the staff helpful. The metro station is a short walk away and is a couple of stops from central Washington and Reagan airport. Free wifi isn't available in the room which is a shame but is available in the foyer. Overall a pleasant stay.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Vienna, Austria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We came here with colleagues from work for an extended weekend trip. The hotel itself was a bit busy on that weekend featuring some colleague reunions.

The rooms itself are good, but it would need a major renovation in 1-2 years I guess. It is a bit charming but do not expect a modern interior.

There is a starbuck franchise in the hotel.

The location of the hotel is just awesome, it is a nice 15 min walk to Georgetown with a lot of shopping possibilities, restaurants and bars. If you decide to have a nice breakfast go to the Dean&DeLuca on the mainstream. If you are looking for sightseeing there is a metro station nearby the hotel that brings you to D.C. within 15 min.

Overall if you do not want to spend that much money for location than this hotel is just a good bargin. The location makes up for the older interior.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Orlando, Florida, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stayed here for a conference over the summer. The hotel is old and needs updating. It also smells very musty throughout. The elevators are old and extremely slow. I could not find stairs that didn't take me to an outside dumpster as an alternate. On the alternative, the staff was friendly, the beds were comfy, the rooms were somewhat updated (but not everywhere else), the shower was always hot, and the food served at the conference was good. It's also about a 10 minute walk to a Metro station.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Daniela F, Front Office Manager at Key Bridge Marriott, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Kimberly,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Key Bridge Marriott with us. I am disappointed to learn that we fell short of your expectations. I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay. We take great pride in providing exceptional service to our guests. I would request you to please provide us one more opportunity to show you the standard of hospitality that we cherish at Marriott.

I again sincerely apologize for the experience you had during your last stay. I would like you to speak to Abdul Hafeez in person so we can resolve this issue up to your satisfaction. You can call 703 524 6400 or email to Abdul.hafeez@marriott.com.

Kindest Regards,
Abdul H.
Allentown, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I travel to Rosslyn (Arlington, VA) a few times a month for work, and occasionally I spend a night in town. This past week I had to be in town from Wednesday - Sunday. I normally stay at the Holiday Inn across the street but for this particular trip my VP of Sales booked the room for me, so I was a bit bummed to break with routine. I've walked past the Marriott every trip on my way to and from the Metro and it was never much to look at from the outside so I didn't have much incentive to stay despite being pretty loyal to the Marriott brand.

Here's what I found (+ = positive, - = negative)

+ Lobby, Bar, Restaurant and Snack area are all very clean and modern.
+ The staff was very friendly
+ Onsite parking (for a fee)
+ Free Wifi in the Lobby area. High speed internet in the room ($$$)
+ Really good amenities
+ Great beds.
+ Very close to my office and easy walking distance to the Rosslyn Metro and Georgetown
+ Tons of inexpensive restaurants in walking distance
+ Great location on the Custiss Trail and not far from Roosevelt Island, Iwo Jima Memorial, Pentagon, etc.
+ Great views of DC and the Potomac from the upper floors on one side of the building.

- My room was very comfortable and quite clean, but it definitely felt like it was overdue for an upgrade.
- If you are a light sleeper, the noise from the planes taking off and landing at Dulles will wake you up.
- Parking is on par with the neighborhood (e.g. a bit pricey if you're not used to DC prices).
- The walls are a bit thin and it was easy to hear your neighbors through them.
- It was unusually cold the week I was in town and if I opened the drapes the room would get quite cold from air coming in through the windows.

That said, I'm not disappointed by my stay in town. I really liked the location, enjoyed the room during the time I spent in it (not a ton, but enough) and felt safe and at home. The property isn't much to look at from the outside and while the guest rooms could use an update I still think it's a pretty safe bet, especially for business travel. I know that I gave it 3 stars, but if I could I would have given it 3.5 to 3.75. Update the rooms and it becomes a solid 4 star hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view on an upper floor.
Green Features: All Marriott properties that I have stayed in are very environmentally friendly and the Key Bridge Marriott appeared to adhere to the same standards.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Daniela F, Executive Assistant at Key Bridge Marriott, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear desabol,

Greetings and thanks so much for staying with us at the Key Bridge Marriott!

We appreciate your constructive feedback, and I would like to take this time to apologize for the noise disturbance caused by the surrounding rooms. Rest assured we are taking steps to help ensure problems of this nature do not occur in the future. Also, there are a lot of things to look forward to this year with the guest room renovation that we are undergoing as of this week and I most certainly hope you'll come back to stay with us.

Thank you again for taking the time to reach out to us and we hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations! Please contact me when your travels bring you back to the Arlington area.

Executive Assistant
San Jose Succotz, Belize
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stayed here for business, hallways and room feel rather old. The carpeting overall in the hotel can easiky transport you to the 80's.
The hotel is placed close to a metro station and even though it is rather close to many DC attractions, you do need to drive around to get anywhere.
Staff is friendly.
Food is rather bland.
Can perhaps be a starting point for a vacation in the DC area.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Dear mmanza74,

Good day and thank you for taking the time to write a review in regards to your recent visit here at the Key Bridge Marriott.

I regret to hear of the challenges you faced in your guest room and restaurant and I assure you that we will address your concerns with our Team.

We value your feedback and we hope to serve you again whenever your travels bring you back to Arlington.

Daniela F.

Been to Key Bridge Marriott? Share your experiences!