“Great Venue for a Wedding!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #36 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Compton, MD
“Great Venue for a Wedding!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My son got married in Arlington, VA, on August 16th, and I started looking for lodging for the wedding guests and rehearsal dinner venues almost a year ago. I called several nice hotels in the area, and the Key Bridge Marriott was BY FAR the best choice because of the responsiveness and professionalism of their Sales Staff, as well as their incredible prices and wonderful accommodations. The sales department handled all of the details in the contract and planning stages, and the result was a fabulous Rehearsal Dinner for 42 people, with an audiovisual show, and a great beer/wine party afterwards (for all the wedding guests) in the room next door. If you are planning a wedding in the area, I highly recommend you choose the Key Bridge Marriott!!! Our Rehearsal Dinner was in the Potomac Ballroom, with the cocktail party next door, and it was lovely. (The hotel has a ballroom upstairs with a spectacular view of the Potomac River; it wasn’t available for my date, but it is worth seeing.) All of the tables, chairs, linens, decorations (floating roses in 3-level vases on mirrors, candles), etc. were included in the price of the meal. I received numerous praises from the guests that their meals were wonderful. My salad was fresh, the salmon was warm and perfectly prepared, and everything, including the cheesecake dessert, was delicious. The service was perfect in timing, attentiveness, and courtesy. The Marriott also gave me an outstanding rate for a room block for our guests, including parking, with an internet link, so our guests could easily reserve rooms for the wedding. As for the quality of the rooms, I can tell you that I am a seasoned traveler, and I have high standards. My room was nicely decorated, quiet, clean, and had a nice view, comfortable bed, soft linens, fluffy/fresh pillows, and a shower head that I am going to buy for my home because it was so good. The Bridal Suite that the Marriott provided was a two-room suite with a great view of the Potomac; very nice! My daughter is getting married in March, 2015, in Florida, and I now have lots of experience in finding venues for Rehearsal Dinners or Wedding Receptions. I can look back at the great prices and service I received from the Key Bridge Marriott, and I appreciate them even more!

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a view of the Potomac. The higher the better.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have stayed here many times on official business through the last 15 years & sometimes weeks at a time. Lots of good memories. It was my favorite DC area hotel. I returned after a couple years' hiatus & was disappointed. Confusion on check in required me to wait an hour for my room, the room was in dire need of updating, it was expensive & a ridiculous charge for internet use which most hotels provide gratis. A cheeseburger, 2 beers, & tip provided by an unfriendly waitress was $41. Most of the staff not attentive or friendly although it appeared to be a busy & hectic night. Great location but my long time association with this hotel has ended.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Daniela F, Executive Assistant at Key Bridge Marriott, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Recent Guest,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us. We appreciate your valuable feedback, it’s one of the best tools we have in order to improve the quality and service of our hotel.

We always strive to provide the highest quality of service and accommodations, and regret to learn that your visit was not on par with your expectations. I’d like to be able to address these issues with you personally and begin to earn back your trust. Please feel free to private message me your information.

Thank you again and we hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future.

Kindest regards,
Goleta, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This hotel is within blocks of a metro station, making it convenient to get to anywhere in DC. It is also within walking distance to Georgetown for shopping and dining. We walked along the river trail near the hotel to the Theodore Roosevelt Island monument. It was lovely. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful. The lifeguards interacted with the kids at the pool. It was a great experience all around.

Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I am a very loyal Marriott Elite member and the Key Bridge was just okay. The hotel itself shows signs of age, our room on the 9th floor had a toilet that ran all night unless you jiggled the handle. The lid had obviously been dropped and had a crack in it and it sat slightly askew from the base. The shower smelled of mold and the carpets worn.

The hotel itself is centrally located only two blocks from the Rosslyn Metro station and it was easy to walk to shopping and restaurants from the hotel. The hotel staff were quite pleasant and professional and thanked me for being an elite member.

The food in the restaurant for a late night snack was awesome I recommend the hummus.

All in all it was a nice stay just needs a little cleaning and updating.

Room Tip: We had a corner room with a lovely view.
Duluth, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Everything about the staff was top notch. We needed a late check out and they were very kind. Location is great for access to Georgetown. Room was fine but very loud at night from aircraft and road traffic. Food choices poor for such a large property.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

We regret to learn that your dining experience and sleeping accommodations did not meet your expectations. We appreciate receiving feedback on the associates that made your stay more enjoyable and we will be sure to pass on your kind words.

Thank you again for your comments and taking the time to share your experiences with us. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Kindly,
Cleveland, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We had booked 2 rooms again for our trip and we stayed the last night here. Hotel is very old, lay out confusing. Hotel has very Good views from the rooms. Rooms are very small and so is the bathroom. Our room was on the street side and even though the other room was towards the pool none of us could sleep properly because of the loud street noises, aircraft noise etc. I guess we could take it for one night but no more than that.

Dear Recent Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns regarding your recent stay with us. Please allow us to express our sincere apologies for the noise issues you experienced during your stay. I understand we fell considerably short in our efforts to provide the service and accommodations you should expect from Marriott.

It is important that our guests experience a consistent product each time they stay with us and we will use this as an opportunity to improve the product and services we are providing. Thank you again for sharing your valuable feedback with us.

Kindly,
Hudson Valley NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

This was our second stay this year at the Key Bridge. I think we'll choose another location next time. It's not awful, but there are better choices. Pros: It's very convenient to Georgetown and downtown DC, everybody was very friendly and helpful, parking is only $19/day, the concierge lounge is comfortable, the bar is pleasant, and the bed was comfortable. The cons: there was a persistent, somewhat unpleasant odor coming from the ventilation system (maybe a cleaning fluid or air freshener). We were in two rooms, and they smelled the same. The rooms and bathrooms are tiny (at least, the rooms we were given). The wi-fi was awful, I found myself walking around the tiny room trying to connect, usually unsuccessfully.
The building is pretty old, and although they have keep the public areas updated, I think it's time they took a hard look at the guest rooms.

Room Tip: I'm a elite rewards member and got upgraded, but the rooms were still too small. If you find sma...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Daniela F, Executive Assistant at Key Bridge Marriott, responded to this review, 5 weeks ago
Dear Recent Guest,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us on TripAdvisor. We always strive to provide the highest quality of service and accommodations, and regret to learn that both your visits were not on par with your expectations.

We have notified the appropriate Department Heads of your concerns and will use your feedback as a tool to continue to improve the quality of our hotel.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your experiences with us. We appreciate receiving your valuable feedback in order to improve the quality and service of our hotel. Please feel free to private message me any other information in regards to your recent and/or past stay and we hope that we can rectify your experience with a new one in the future.

Kindest regards,
Daniela F.

Been to Key Bridge Marriott? Share your experiences!