“Worse than oral surgery” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #35 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Arlington VA
“Worse than oral surgery”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014 via mobile

I'll ignore the crappy physical plant and cut to the chase: I write this from the bar because the wedding on the 14th floor is so bleeping loud that my 4th floor room is vibrating. Three complaints to management revealed that the money is in the wedding parties - to hell with the rest of us. Despite blowing smoke about "having security go up there," clearly they have no interest in possibly annoying the idiots up there.
I would rather sleep in my car by the side of the road.
Thanks, Marriott, for lending your name to such a hellhole.

• Stayed August 2014
Daniela F, Executive Assistant at Key Bridge Marriott, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Recent Guest,

Thank you for providing feedback about your stay with us this past weekend. It’s always great to hear what guests think about their experiences and it helps us to improve upon the service we provide.

I would like to apologize for the level of customer service you encountered. We strive to provide the highest level of customer service to all of our guests and I do sincerely apologize that we did not meet your expectations.

You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future.Please feel free to contact me if you wish to discuss further, or to let me know when you make your way back to the Key Bridge Marriott.

Warm regards,
Daniela F.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
Pittsburgh, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

We booked the hotel for a family of four before reading reviews. I saw some unfavorable comments and wasn't quite sure what to expect. Overall we thought that it was a good experience. We had a few hiccups with the room, but everything was handled very professionally. Staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms may be a bit tired, but the main floor lobby and restaurants are very nicely done.

• Stayed August 2014
Daniela F, Executive Assistant at Key Bridge Marriott, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
Dear Lisa,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with us. We appreciate receiving your valuable feedback in order to improve the quality and service of our hotel.

I am happy to hear that even with the few incidents you had with your room, that our staff was able to handle it as professionally as possible and to your expectations.

Thank you again and we look forward to the possibility of welcoming you back in the future.

Warmest regards,
Daniela F
Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

The location of this hotel is perfect to visit Georgetown, which is literally within walking distance just over the bridge. It is also walking distance to the metro at the Rosslyn station where you can catch the train in to DC to see all of the sights. The food is very tasty and the staff is very accommodating. There are 2 fitness centers and an indoor/outdoor pool situated in the courtyard. The rooms are all clean and up to date. Overall a great location. It's a perfect place for a wedding. There is an upstairs ballroom area with the view of the river which makes a great backdrop for a wedding or any special event.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

I st sued here while coaching a team in a local Washington tournament. The hotel had a perfect location as we were easily able to get to the venue each day and see the sights of Washington and Arlington. The rooms were perfect and had everything we needed to stay well rested and relaxed. What I was most impressed with was the hotel restaurant. The food was fantastic and we ate there several times. Even better, the service at the restaurant was absolutely fantastic and the hospitality was wonderful. If I I am ever back in the Washington area, you can be sure I'll be staying there again.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

The way that the Key Bridge Marriott is situated, one almost has the illusion that he or she is actually in Washington DC, rather than directly outside of the city. The hotel is in walking distance of the Georgetown neighborhood of DC, an upscale section of the city that features brick sidewalks, cobblestone streets, posh stores, and divine cuisine. If you would prefer to surround yourself in the incessant movement of Downtown DC, Rosslyn Metro Station is 2 blocks away (the DC Metro is very clean, and I would recommend its use to anyone who would rather avoid the 3 trillion red lights that seem to be strategically placed to prevent any vehicle movement.)

Aside from the ideal location of this Marriott, the hotel features a variety of other useful amenities, like the 12th Floor Concierge Breakfast/Dinner (for Elite Marriott members only). The buffet breakfast is great for families or business people looking not to incur another tab on their trip to the nation's capital. The same goes for the dinner buffet featured every night until 7:30. Get there early - after a certain hour the staff does not restock the buffet table!!

As for the rooms, I found them to be small. Judging by the people I found strolling the hotel lobby, I would assume that this is mainly a business person hotel, in which case small rooms would not be cause to fuss. However, when you are traveling with a family of 4, including 2 teenage boys, the room can seem cramped, especially when everyone is together. At times I felt that I had to shower, dress, and exit before I got in the way of my family. If you are a prospective family of 3 or more looking to stay at this hotel, research the suit, which might be more spacious for you and your group.

Besides the concierge woman, the service here was great. I saw a brochure in the concierge about a DC ghost tour. When I asked the concierge about information on how to register, she had no idea. Now I totally understand that Washington DC is mega city, and even locals may not know everything there is to know about the city. But as a concierge for a hotel near such a metropolis, shouldn't you at least know info on the pamphlets featured in your hotel??(I mean there weren't THAT many). Aside from her, everybody else was phenomenal. Angela in the Concierge Lounge upstairs did a superb job of constantly replacing food in the buffet.

Another complaint of mine was that because Reagan National is so close, one constantly hears the takeoff of planes. In short, stay at this hotel for the location and not for much else.

Room Tip: A room facing Georgetown University provides a picturesque view in the mornings.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Clarksdale, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

I traveled to this hotel in August of 2014 for a business conference. The rooms, staff and amenities were great. We spent 8 hours a day in the large meeting room on the top floor of the hotel. If you are forced to be trapped inside while in DC, it's at least nice to have a good view like we did!
When we were free from work, the hotel is directly adjacent to the Potomac River (part of that great view), and just a short walk across the bridge from Georgetown. Georgetown is awesome, really pretty and tons to do. There were lots of great shops and restaurants.
The only negative comment is that there can be a lot of street noise heard in the rooms even on the 5th floor, but that's part of being in the middle of things I guess.
All in all, great experience, just hope to go back with more time to enjoy the city around the hotel!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a river view if possible, and some rooms have a patio area.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Milford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights in early August 2014. Front desk staff really helpful as was the bell staff. This property was close to the Rosland metro stop easy walk.
A 15 minute walk takes you over the key bridge into Georgetown at M street from there walk to all the shops,stores,bars and restaurants.
You can walk to the campus of Georgetown U.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Key Bridge Marriott? Share your experiences!