The way that the Key Bridge Marriott is situated, one almost has the illusion that he or she is actually in Washington DC, rather than directly outside of the city. The hotel is in walking distance of the Georgetown neighborhood of DC, an upscale section of the city that features brick sidewalks, cobblestone streets, posh stores, and divine cuisine. If you would prefer to surround yourself in the incessant movement of Downtown DC, Rosslyn Metro Station is 2 blocks away (the DC Metro is very clean, and I would recommend its use to anyone who would rather avoid the 3 trillion red lights that seem to be strategically placed to prevent any vehicle movement.)
Aside from the ideal location of this Marriott, the hotel features a variety of other useful amenities, like the 12th Floor Concierge Breakfast/Dinner (for Elite Marriott members only). The buffet breakfast is great for families or business people looking not to incur another tab on their trip to the nation's capital. The same goes for the dinner buffet featured every night until 7:30. Get there early - after a certain hour the staff does not restock the buffet table!!
As for the rooms, I found them to be small. Judging by the people I found strolling the hotel lobby, I would assume that this is mainly a business person hotel, in which case small rooms would not be cause to fuss. However, when you are traveling with a family of 4, including 2 teenage boys, the room can seem cramped, especially when everyone is together. At times I felt that I had to shower, dress, and exit before I got in the way of my family. If you are a prospective family of 3 or more looking to stay at this hotel, research the suit, which might be more spacious for you and your group.
Besides the concierge woman, the service here was great. I saw a brochure in the concierge about a DC ghost tour. When I asked the concierge about information on how to register, she had no idea. Now I totally understand that Washington DC is mega city, and even locals may not know everything there is to know about the city. But as a concierge for a hotel near such a metropolis, shouldn't you at least know info on the pamphlets featured in your hotel??(I mean there weren't THAT many). Aside from her, everybody else was phenomenal. Angela in the Concierge Lounge upstairs did a superb job of constantly replacing food in the buffet.
Another complaint of mine was that because Reagan National is so close, one constantly hears the takeoff of planes. In short, stay at this hotel for the location and not for much else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated just across the Potomac River from Georgetown, our hotel offers panoramic views of the sights and sounds of the nation's capital. Being a premier choice among Arlington, VA and Georgetown, DC hotels, we provide direct access to Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport as well as the corporations and government agencies of Northern Virginia saving you travel time in and out of the District. For travelers looking to take in the area's famous landmarks such as the Smithsonian Museums, Iwo Jima Memorial, Arlington National Cemetery and the National Monuments, hop on the DC Metro system at the Rosslyn Metro station, only 3 blocks from our front door. You'll find stylish surroundings inside our hotel as well. Our hotel features an open lobby with private seating nooks and complimentary wireless internet access. Our Revival Restaurant and Connexion Lounge offer an classic dishes and comfort foods with a modern interpretation. We also offer 17,000 sq ft of event space across 22 rooms including the top-floor Capital View Ballroom which seats up to 300 and offers penthouse views. Perfect for your next celebration. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Reservation Counter, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Key Bridge Marriott reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Key Bridge Marriott Hotel Arlington
- Marriott Hotel Key Bridge
- Marriott Arlington
- Arlington Marriott