“Great location, great room for wedding.” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save Up to 25% in No. VA
Ranked #36 of 47 hotels in Arlington
Cambridge, Massachusetts
“Great location, great room for wedding.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

I was a bridesmaid in a wedding at the Key Bridge Marriott this past weekend. Having lived in DC for years and attended school right across the river, I appreciate that this location is great for a lot of tourists and travelers. The room and lobby are fine, not quite at the quality level that would match the price or the Marriott brand. It is also a huge hotel so it can be very crowded and I felt like there were always carts in the hall of my room cleaning. It is school field trip season, so the halls and elevators were packed with youngins. So to sum up, not a great place to get away on vacation- but if the location is important and you want something dependable, go for it.

As far as a wedding venue, the hotel great. My friend's wedding was gorgeous, the view eclipsed everything besides the dance floor and the beautiful bride. The staff who attended to her wedding was great. They were helpful and full of smiles. Makes a huge difference.

Room Tip: Try to get a view on a high floor. Close to elevator! This place is huge.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Ashley K, Executive Assistant at Key Bridge Marriott, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit at the Key Bridge Marriott. We were delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that the wedding you attended was gorgeous. We appreciate receiving your feedback and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Best,

604 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Raleigh,NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

We stayed at the Key Bridge Marriott this past weekend, and we were just delighted with our accommodations. The location of the hotel is excellent, and we had a beautiful corner room overlooking the Key Bridge. Our room was quite spacious and very nicely appointed. Both the room and the bathroom were very clean and appeared to have been recently updated.

We did not connect to the wi-fi in our room, but both evenings we went down to the bar with our laptop and had drinks and hors d'oeuvres. We found the service in the bar to be very good, and the free wi-fi was fast and dependable.

We also had the breakfast buffet on Saturday morning, and both the food and the service were outstanding. Our grandchildren enjoyed the pool on Saturday afternoon, and we were also very pleased with the facilities in that area of the hotel.

Probably the most impressive feature of this hotel was the staff. Everyone in the hotel went out of their way to be nice, friendly, and accommodating. We were greeted with a smile by every employee from the minute we arrived, and every single hotel employee we encountered seemed to be eager to do whatever it took to please us - (especially Alam). This kind of hospitality goes a long way when staying in a hotel!

We were very pleased with our stay at the Key Bridge Marriott, and we would definitely recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Toms River, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

Traveled to the area on business. The Marriott was one of the preferred hotels and the price was very reasonable for the area. Check in was fine but 5 of us checked in and each got a different experience. I was given some free water while no one else was offered anything. I however, got a great king room on the other side of the hotel (Arlington tower) with a view of the garage. They must have had a huge group check out because they were still cleaning rooms at 9:30 at night.

My room must as been recently renovated and was nicely appointed. Bed (king), bath and sitting area all great. The only issue was the distance from the lobby. I was sent the long way to find it but found if I went a different way and the lobby was only one long corridor away.

The only restaurant open in the evenings, Connexion was adequate at best. Service was absolutely \awful, the food (bar food) was okay. Nothing to write home about. Part of the problem might have been the number of people because the weather was bad and most everyone was trying to stay in. At one point, after a long period of time one of the managers tried to move us along but they hadn't brought our food yet. Would try never to have to eat in the hotel again.

Never tried the breakfast restaurant as we had breakfast included as part of our business meeting. Can't beat the location and I think they are trying to renovate. The concierge and front desk along with every employee I met was friendly. I'll consider staying again but I think I'll look for a hotel with more business friendly facilities.

Biggest issue: No internet in the room unless you want to pay $12.95 per day. The 'free' wifi in the lobby never worked right. Not one of us could connect regardless of the device. Get with it Marriott and understand that business people will only stay if they can get what they need without nickel and diming them. I bought the internet only one night and vowed never again. I'd use my phone as a wifi hot spot before paying again.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor and understand this is a very big hotel built in a square.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Fairfax, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

Overall, we were very disappointed with our stay last weekend. We usually stay at another hotel in this area but decided to trust the Marriott name and try it.

We booked a king room and arrived at the hotel around 8pm to be told that they did not have any kings available. They insisted that their king rooms were completely booked for the night even with an advance reservation. The only rooms available were on first floor and doubles. (we were already wishing we had booked somewhere else)

We went to our tiny room with two double beds and were not impressed. The room looked very outdated, small bathroom, and a "sealed" door to the outside. The room was sweltering hot even with the thermostat turned down to 60. Turns out it was actually blowing out hot air... Which did not help the horrible smell in the room. Our room obviously was not properly cleaned as there was white powder on the nightstand with someone’s bobby pins.... We went to the front desk and requested a new room.

We were given another double room a few doors down that looked exactly the same but at least it was a little cooler. A few issues with this room were that it felt cold when we first got in there but during the night the room again became unbearably hot. Our room was still on the first floor of the building and on the side of the building where busses park and drive by so it was very noisy at all times especially early in the morning. This room also had a door that was “sealed” but there was a noticeable gap being covered by tape to try and stop the draft… this didn't work very well because you could walk over to the door and feel the cold air from outside coming in and watch it blowing the curtains.

While being very close to Georgetown, Arlington and DC is a plus for this hotel, they really need to invest the time and money to update and renovate their hotel. There are lots of nicer hotels in the same area for about the same price or even less. We will definitely not be revisiting this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Ashley K, Executive Assistant at Key Bridge Marriott, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us. We always strive to provide the highest quality of service and accommodations, and regret to learn that your visit was not on par with your expectations. We have notified the appropriate Department Heads of your concerns and will use your feedback as a tool to continue to improve the quality of our hotel.

We’d like to be able to address these issues with you personally and begin to earn back your trust. Please feel free to reach out to me directly at (703) 908-1431 to discuss your experiences further. Thank you again for sharing your feedback.

Warm Regards,
Richmond, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

I checked in around 9:15 p.m only to find out that the only rooms available were on the first floor and they were doubles which did not make sense to me because i booked a king 3 days in advanced. I could understand if i was just getting it right then and there but i had booked it 3 days in advanced and yet I was stuck in a room with 2 beds for my anniversary. When i asked the front desk person why my room is a double instead of a king he told me they almost sold out and those were the only rooms left. I said ok but I booked mine in advanced so i don't understand how there could not be a king room for me. He proceeded to tell me that "well it was only 2 days in advanced"(even though it was really 3). I had a long day and did not feel like arguing with this man so i just said ok thank you. My issue is why did the website even have king rooms available and say I've booked a king when they didn't have any left? Or is it a first come first served thing and if you get there later in the evening you're S.O.L? This is the first time this has ever happened to me and I've stayed at many hotels in Northern VA. The room was average the TV was a nice size and the bathroom was nice. However the toilet seat was awkward because it was really low and kind of under the counter and ours had dry urine on the seat which was off-putting . The bathroom looks new except the tub still looks very old. We asked for extra pillows that never came but it didn't even matter anymore we just grabbed something to eat and went to sleep. Not exactly the Anniversary we'd hoped for but it is what it is.

Room Tip: Get there early so you can have a better selection of rooms
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Ashley K, Executive Assistant at Key Bridge Marriott, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay with the Key Bridge Marriott. Unfortunately, we did not meet your expectations and for that we sincerely apologize. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. We hope that your future stays with us will be a more positive experience and will help regain your trust of the Marriott brand. Thank you again for your feedback.

Warm Regards,
Charleston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

I believe this is one of the oldest of Washington-based Marriott's properties. On a good day, it's a doable one-mile walk across the Key Bridge to the edge of Georgetown shops and restaurants. The area around the hotel offers very limited dining and entertainment options. The Roslyn Metro stop was not all that convenient. Rather than the typical opulence associated with Marriott, it felt more like a mid-priced European hotel -- small rooms, odd configuration, etc. The only restaurant open was the bar -- while serving good sandwiches and snack food and $11 pours of house wines, there was no real meal option. Apparently vegetables are banned there. I was there for a conference, so I had no choice. But I would not return for a pleasure trip.

Room Tip: Avoid the second and third floors that have meeting rooms. Noisier. Also limited view.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We appreciate receiving your feedback so that we can continue to improve our service and product. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Kind Regards,
Marietta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This property is in a terrific spot if you have business in DC, Arlington (Roswell) or want quick access to Georgetown. All 3 were on my list for my stay there. The room rate could not be touched. Everything is adequate, if not great. The main restaurant is closed for remodel, but grabbed a sandwich in the lounge. Breakfast options in the small coffee shop were healthful. It was a bit noisy (thin walls), but not the worst. I'd stay here again - for business.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Ashley K, Executive Assistant at Key Bridge Marriott, responded to this review, March 15, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment about your stay and the hotel’s great location. We appreciate the opportunity to benefit from your feedback. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to the Key Bridge Marriott.

Ashley

Been to Key Bridge Marriott? Share your experiences!