“Good But not great” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #36 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Richmond, Virginia
“Good But not great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

I checked in around 9:15 p.m only to find out that the only rooms available were on the first floor and they were doubles which did not make sense to me because i booked a king 3 days in advanced. I could understand if i was just getting it right then and there but i had booked it 3 days in advanced and yet I was stuck in a room with 2 beds for my anniversary. When i asked the front desk person why my room is a double instead of a king he told me they almost sold out and those were the only rooms left. I said ok but I booked mine in advanced so i don't understand how there could not be a king room for me. He proceeded to tell me that "well it was only 2 days in advanced"(even though it was really 3). I had a long day and did not feel like arguing with this man so i just said ok thank you. My issue is why did the website even have king rooms available and say I've booked a king when they didn't have any left? Or is it a first come first served thing and if you get there later in the evening you're S.O.L? This is the first time this has ever happened to me and I've stayed at many hotels in Northern VA. The room was average the TV was a nice size and the bathroom was nice. However the toilet seat was awkward because it was really low and kind of under the counter and ours had dry urine on the seat which was off-putting . The bathroom looks new except the tub still looks very old. We asked for extra pillows that never came but it didn't even matter anymore we just grabbed something to eat and went to sleep. Not exactly the Anniversary we'd hoped for but it is what it is.

Room Tip: Get there early so you can have a better selection of rooms
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Ashley K, Executive Assistant at Key Bridge Marriott, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay with the Key Bridge Marriott. Unfortunately, we did not meet your expectations and for that we sincerely apologize. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. We hope that your future stays with us will be a more positive experience and will help regain your trust of the Marriott brand. Thank you again for your feedback.

Ashley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
Charleston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

I believe this is one of the oldest of Washington-based Marriott's properties. On a good day, it's a doable one-mile walk across the Key Bridge to the edge of Georgetown shops and restaurants. The area around the hotel offers very limited dining and entertainment options. The Roslyn Metro stop was not all that convenient. Rather than the typical opulence associated with Marriott, it felt more like a mid-priced European hotel -- small rooms, odd configuration, etc. The only restaurant open was the bar -- while serving good sandwiches and snack food and $11 pours of house wines, there was no real meal option. Apparently vegetables are banned there. I was there for a conference, so I had no choice. But I would not return for a pleasure trip.

Room Tip: Avoid the second and third floors that have meeting rooms. Noisier. Also limited view.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We appreciate receiving your feedback so that we can continue to improve our service and product. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Kind Regards,
Marietta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This property is in a terrific spot if you have business in DC, Arlington (Roswell) or want quick access to Georgetown. All 3 were on my list for my stay there. The room rate could not be touched. Everything is adequate, if not great. The main restaurant is closed for remodel, but grabbed a sandwich in the lounge. Breakfast options in the small coffee shop were healthful. It was a bit noisy (thin walls), but not the worst. I'd stay here again - for business.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Ashley K, Executive Assistant at Key Bridge Marriott, responded to this review, March 15, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment about your stay and the hotel’s great location. We appreciate the opportunity to benefit from your feedback. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to the Key Bridge Marriott.

Sewickley, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

Lobby and check in area are fine. Check in was well done but I was the only person there. I suspect this would have slowed immensely if it was crowded. I can overlook they are two years past an update but the room smelled and the kitchen had problem serving breakfast for some unknown reason. Not Marriott standards.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent visit to our hotel. From your comments it seems that we did not meet your expectations or our own. I would love the opportunity to speak to you more about your experiences and establish a resolution. Your feedback is instrumental in continuing to improve our quality of service and product. Please feel free to contact me directly at (703) 908-1431. Thank you again for sharing your comments.

Kind Regards,
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

This hotel is so outdated, the doors to the rooms are hideous wood. The food in the restaurant (or rather, lounge), was horrible. They served me a caesar salad and forgot the dressing. The flatbread pizza was inedible. While the staff was extremely friendly and willing to accommodate guests, service was lacking as they didn't seem to have enough staff on hand when the restaurant was busy. The only good thing about this hotel was the comfortable bed. I won't stay here again. Also, the housekeeping staff were very loud with their personal conversations outside of the rooms in the hallway (very unprofessional) and disturbing when you are a guest trying to work (or relax) in your room.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences during your recent stay with us. I would like to personally apologize for the level of service your received. In order to better improve our product and service, I would like to speak to you further about your experiences. Please feel free to contact me at (703) 908-1431. Thank you again for your comments and we hope to have the opportunity to have you stay with us in the future.

Overland Park, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

The hotel was nice. It was conveniently located. I was there several days and did not have to rent a car. I could walk to the subway station in less than 10 minutes. There were also several fast food and local cafe's within walking distance. It was a major terminal too, so you could go about anywhere.
I also really liked how close we were to Georgetown. A cab was only 15 bucks. One of the nice things they did was have flavored water sitting right by the entrance, this helps when you're walking in 100 degree weather.

The hotel was fine. It was clean and the staff was helpful. However, there was nothing special about the place. The rooms were okay but starting to get dated the lobby and the rest of the hotel was about the same. Workout room was a bit cramped but still clean and everything worked well.

I got the impression that this hotel is busy all the time. People were always going everywhere. If you are wanting a calm small hotel go somewhere else.

I felt like the hotel was pricy when I first started looking but it turns out everything in DC is pricy and this hotel was actually a good price for DC.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Ashley K, Executive Assistant at Key Bridge Marriott, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Thank you for staying at the Key Bridge Marriott and for taking the time to review your visit. I’m glad to hear that you had an overall positive stay with us and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future!

Plainview, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

Hotel staff were all helpful and friendly. Go out of their way to take care of all needs. We originally were booked AND checked in to another nearby hotel and found the accommodations so unacceptable we sprinted over to the Marriott. One of the issues with the other hotel was their terrible soft and unsupportive bed. I was afraid I would feel the same at the Marriott and they were kind enough to let me check out the accommodations before checking in. The full buffet breakfast was delicious and worth the upgrade. I truly don't understand other negative reviews. I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your delightful comments about our hotel and staff. We will be sure to share your enjoyable experience with our entire team. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon!

Ashley

Been to Key Bridge Marriott? Share your experiences!