I checked in around 9:15 p.m only to find out that the only rooms available were on the first floor and they were doubles which did not make sense to me because i booked a king 3 days in advanced. I could understand if i was just getting it right then and there but i had booked it 3 days in advanced and yet I was stuck in a room with 2 beds for my anniversary. When i asked the front desk person why my room is a double instead of a king he told me they almost sold out and those were the only rooms left. I said ok but I booked mine in advanced so i don't understand how there could not be a king room for me. He proceeded to tell me that "well it was only 2 days in advanced"(even though it was really 3). I had a long day and did not feel like arguing with this man so i just said ok thank you. My issue is why did the website even have king rooms available and say I've booked a king when they didn't have any left? Or is it a first come first served thing and if you get there later in the evening you're S.O.L? This is the first time this has ever happened to me and I've stayed at many hotels in Northern VA. The room was average the TV was a nice size and the bathroom was nice. However the toilet seat was awkward because it was really low and kind of under the counter and ours had dry urine on the seat which was off-putting . The bathroom looks new except the tub still looks very old. We asked for extra pillows that never came but it didn't even matter anymore we just grabbed something to eat and went to sleep. Not exactly the Anniversary we'd hoped for but it is what it is.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated just across the Potomac River from Georgetown, our hotel offers panoramic views of the sights and sounds of the nation's capital. Being a premier choice among Arlington, VA and Georgetown, DC hotels, we provide direct access to Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport as well as the corporations and government agencies of Northern Virginia saving you travel time in and out of the District. For travelers looking to take in the area's famous landmarks such as the Smithsonian Museums, Iwo Jima Memorial, Arlington National Cemetery and the National Monuments, hop on the DC Metro system at the Rosslyn Metro station, only 3 blocks from our front door. You'll find stylish surroundings inside our hotel as well. Our hotel features an open lobby with private seating nooks and complimentary wireless internet access. Our Revival Restaurant and Connexion Lounge offer an classic dishes and comfort foods with a modern interpretation. We also offer 17,000 sq ft of event space across 22 rooms including the top-floor Capital View Ballroom which seats up to 300 and offers penthouse views. Perfect for your next celebration. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Key Bridge Marriott reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Key Bridge Marriott Hotel Arlington
- Marriott Hotel Key Bridge
- Marriott Arlington
- Arlington Marriott