I checked in around 9:15 p.m only to find out that the only rooms available were on the first floor and they were doubles which did not make sense to me because i booked a king 3 days in advanced. I could understand if i was just getting it right then and there but i had booked it 3 days in advanced and yet I was stuck in a room with 2 beds for my anniversary. When i asked the front desk person why my room is a double instead of a king he told me they almost sold out and those were the only rooms left. I said ok but I booked mine in advanced so i don't understand how there could not be a king room for me. He proceeded to tell me that "well it was only 2 days in advanced"(even though it was really 3). I had a long day and did not feel like arguing with this man so i just said ok thank you. My issue is why did the website even have king rooms available and say I've booked a king when they didn't have any left? Or is it a first come first served thing and if you get there later in the evening you're S.O.L? This is the first time this has ever happened to me and I've stayed at many hotels in Northern VA. The room was average the TV was a nice size and the bathroom was nice. However the toilet seat was awkward because it was really low and kind of under the counter and ours had dry urine on the seat which was off-putting . The bathroom looks new except the tub still looks very old. We asked for extra pillows that never came but it didn't even matter anymore we just grabbed something to eat and went to sleep. Not exactly the Anniversary we'd hoped for but it is what it is.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience Washington, DC at one of the most conveniently-located hotels in Arlington, VA, Key Bridge Marriott. Located across the river from Georgetown via a pedestrian friendly bridge, our Arlington, VA hotel offers access to the Nation's Capital, as well as many vibrant Northern Virginia neighborhoods. Newly renovated rooms and suites boast perks for the modern traveler. Experience one-of-a-kind panoramic views of nearby Georgetown. Weddings and events at our hotel are unforgettable, thanks to venues like the top-floor Capital View Ballroom, which provides amazing views of Washington, DC. And if you're here to explore the city, our hotel in Arlington near Georgetown is the perfect base. We're just three blocks from the Rosslyn Metro - allowing you to discover Washington, DC and Arlington, Virginia at your own pace. If you're in Washington for work, you'll appreciate our 22 meeting rooms, free Wi-Fi in the lobby, a business center and mobile check-in and check-out. Come explore at Key Bridge Marriott. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Odigeo, Marriott and Travelocity so you can book your Key Bridge Marriott reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Key Bridge Marriott Hotel Arlington
- Marriott Hotel Key Bridge
- Marriott Arlington
- Arlington Marriott