“Disappointed” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #36 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Boston, Massachusetts
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

This hotel is so outdated, the doors to the rooms are hideous wood. The food in the restaurant (or rather, lounge), was horrible. They served me a caesar salad and forgot the dressing. The flatbread pizza was inedible. While the staff was extremely friendly and willing to accommodate guests, service was lacking as they didn't seem to have enough staff on hand when the restaurant was busy. The only good thing about this hotel was the comfortable bed. I won't stay here again. Also, the housekeeping staff were very loud with their personal conversations outside of the rooms in the hallway (very unprofessional) and disturbing when you are a guest trying to work (or relax) in your room.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Ashley K, Executive Assistant at Key Bridge Marriott, responded to this review, March 15, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences during your recent stay with us. I would like to personally apologize for the level of service your received. In order to better improve our product and service, I would like to speak to you further about your experiences. Please feel free to contact me at (703) 908-1431. Thank you again for your comments and we hope to have the opportunity to have you stay with us in the future.

Ashley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
Overland Park, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

The hotel was nice. It was conveniently located. I was there several days and did not have to rent a car. I could walk to the subway station in less than 10 minutes. There were also several fast food and local cafe's within walking distance. It was a major terminal too, so you could go about anywhere.
I also really liked how close we were to Georgetown. A cab was only 15 bucks. One of the nice things they did was have flavored water sitting right by the entrance, this helps when you're walking in 100 degree weather.

The hotel was fine. It was clean and the staff was helpful. However, there was nothing special about the place. The rooms were okay but starting to get dated the lobby and the rest of the hotel was about the same. Workout room was a bit cramped but still clean and everything worked well.

I got the impression that this hotel is busy all the time. People were always going everywhere. If you are wanting a calm small hotel go somewhere else.

I felt like the hotel was pricy when I first started looking but it turns out everything in DC is pricy and this hotel was actually a good price for DC.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Ashley K, Executive Assistant at Key Bridge Marriott, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Thank you for staying at the Key Bridge Marriott and for taking the time to review your visit. I’m glad to hear that you had an overall positive stay with us and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future!

Plainview, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

Hotel staff were all helpful and friendly. Go out of their way to take care of all needs. We originally were booked AND checked in to another nearby hotel and found the accommodations so unacceptable we sprinted over to the Marriott. One of the issues with the other hotel was their terrible soft and unsupportive bed. I was afraid I would feel the same at the Marriott and they were kind enough to let me check out the accommodations before checking in. The full buffet breakfast was delicious and worth the upgrade. I truly don't understand other negative reviews. I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your delightful comments about our hotel and staff. We will be sure to share your enjoyable experience with our entire team. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon!

Fredericksburg, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

We only stayed at this hotel because our daughters college team was staying there. She texted me pictures and warned me that the hotel was a dump. I was less than thrilled about this. I checked in anyways. They promised me my room would be feather free as requested on my Marriott account. The clerk just asked me not to touch the bed until housekeeping was able to complete the request. This was not a problem for me. The problem came when we returned to our room to find a single foam pillow at the end of the bed. The feather pillows remained. Ugh. Let the allergy problems begin. My daughter came to my room and was surprised that it was cleaner and a more up to date than hers. I am thinking this Marriott has a separate space for the college teams that come into their hotel. If this is the case, Marriott is crippling their future business but leaving this area in poor condition and not having the rooms updated. Any business person should know these college kids are the future.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Ashley K, Executive Assistant at Key Bridge Marriott, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay with the Key Bridge Marriott. Your comments are one of the best tools we have for maintaining the highest level of comfort and service our guests expect and deserve. Please allow me to express our sincere apologies. From the nature of your comments, it appears we fell considerably short in our efforts to provide the service and accommodations you have come to expect from Marriott. We value and appreciate your honest and constructive feedback and look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Qaha city,Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

I went there with my friends for 3 nights. The total experience was great and very comfortable, very near to Rosslyn metro station and McDonald's.
Nice surroundings especially the Key Bridge and the nearby Georgetown.
I will recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Savannah, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

The lobby and bar areas are very trendy and updated, but so far as the rest of the hotel, there appears to only have been surface remodel only. The exercise room is ridiculous and subpar for any hotel, much less a Marriott. It is small, cramped and over run with guests trying to get in there. The rooms need complete update as well as the bathrooms. They even still have the old toilets that consume a large amount of water!! Needs to be updated for efficiency. The heat/AC is loud in the room I was in.

The location is great, walking distance to Georgetown, restaurants and shops. The Rosslyn Metro station is a short walk and relatively easy to navigate.

Room Tip: Ask for River View/Georgetown View.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Ashley K, Executive Assistant at Key Bridge Marriott, responded to this review, March 1, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experiences regarding your stay at the Key Bridge Marriott. I'm glad that you were able to take advantage of our convenient location to Georgetown. We appreciate receiving your feedback and continue to improve on our hotel and services. Thank you again for staying with us.

Central PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

I stayed here with my two young daughters on a "mommy/girls getaway" weekend. We enjoyed this hotel very much. Though parts of the hotel are in need of update (decor), the cleanliness was exemplary. Kids enjoyed the indoor pool in April - would be nice if it had more extended hours of operation. The staff were all very pleasant and booked us in a room with a view upon request.

The restaurant in the lobby is very nice and my daughters gave the breakfast buffet their highest review - though I admit, they base this almost entire on the quality of the bacon and strawberries. I enjoyed the buffet also and thought it was clean and well maintained even during the busy time when we dined.

The only drawback I would say for this property is the fee for parking. The hotel has an expansive parking garage which was never close to full during our visit, yet they charge $20/day to park and you have to read the fine print to find this out. Feels a bit like a rip off...

We have booked our stay here again for our next trip.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Ashley K, Executive Assistant at Key Bridge Marriott, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your “Mommy/Daughters” mini vacation with us. We are delighted to hear your visit with us was enjoyable and your daughters had a fun experience in our indoor pool. Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable. Thank you again and we look forward to having you stay with us soon on your next trip!

Ashley

Been to Key Bridge Marriott? Share your experiences!