“Clean, average hotel experience...” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save Up to 25% in No. VA
Ranked #36 of 48 hotels in Arlington
Savannah, Georgia
“Clean, average hotel experience...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

The lobby and bar areas are very trendy and updated, but so far as the rest of the hotel, there appears to only have been surface remodel only. The exercise room is ridiculous and subpar for any hotel, much less a Marriott. It is small, cramped and over run with guests trying to get in there. The rooms need complete update as well as the bathrooms. They even still have the old toilets that consume a large amount of water!! Needs to be updated for efficiency. The heat/AC is loud in the room I was in.

The location is great, walking distance to Georgetown, restaurants and shops. The Rosslyn Metro station is a short walk and relatively easy to navigate.

Room Tip: Ask for River View/Georgetown View.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Ashley K, Executive Assistant at Key Bridge Marriott, responded to this review, March 1, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experiences regarding your stay at the Key Bridge Marriott. I'm glad that you were able to take advantage of our convenient location to Georgetown. We appreciate receiving your feedback and continue to improve on our hotel and services. Thank you again for staying with us.

626 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Central PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

I stayed here with my two young daughters on a "mommy/girls getaway" weekend. We enjoyed this hotel very much. Though parts of the hotel are in need of update (decor), the cleanliness was exemplary. Kids enjoyed the indoor pool in April - would be nice if it had more extended hours of operation. The staff were all very pleasant and booked us in a room with a view upon request.

The restaurant in the lobby is very nice and my daughters gave the breakfast buffet their highest review - though I admit, they base this almost entire on the quality of the bacon and strawberries. I enjoyed the buffet also and thought it was clean and well maintained even during the busy time when we dined.

The only drawback I would say for this property is the fee for parking. The hotel has an expansive parking garage which was never close to full during our visit, yet they charge $20/day to park and you have to read the fine print to find this out. Feels a bit like a rip off...

We have booked our stay here again for our next trip.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Ashley K, Executive Assistant at Key Bridge Marriott, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your “Mommy/Daughters” mini vacation with us. We are delighted to hear your visit with us was enjoyable and your daughters had a fun experience in our indoor pool. Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable. Thank you again and we look forward to having you stay with us soon on your next trip!

CT
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

We were in DC to tour three local colleges and this was the best location with the best price. There were three of us, me, my husband, and our 17 year old son.

The hotel is nice, but, a little outdated. It is very clean and every staff member we encountered was very helpful, polite, and nice.

Our room had two double beds which were quite comfortable, but, going forward we will have to find hotels that offer two queen beds. Doubles are just way too small for folks over 6 ft. I didn’t want to book two rooms due to price so we dealt with it.

My only complaint is the price of their breakfast buffet. The three of us ate dinner in Arlington one night, and Georgetown the other. Our dinner, with drinks, was less than breakfast for three!!

Room Tip: The hotel is shaped like a square. If you are bringing a car, ask for a room close to the parking ga...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Ashley K, Executive Assistant at Key Bridge Marriott, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us! We have delivered your kind message about our staff members and housekeeping department to all of our Marriott hosts. Thank you again for providing your feedback and we hope to have you back in the future!

Best,
Lewisville, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

We stayed here for 5 nights. Hotel was convenient for us as far as location. Staff was extremely helpful and friendly, however the rooms really need to be updated. Mattresses were uncomfortable, tv remote wasn't working properly, refrigerator was absent, lamp wasn't working,
no ventilation in bathroom (or not noticeable).

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear Recent Traveler,

We appreciate you taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed the location of the hotel and our friendly staff members. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations concerning some of the guest room issues. I have passed on your feedback to our management staff so that we can better serve our guests in the future. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to having you stay at the Key Bridge Marriott in the future.

Kind Regards,
NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here 3 nights for an event at the convention center. Check in was very easy, parking was adequate and fairly priced for Washington and the lobby lounge was a good time with some tasty desserts. This is a big hotel and locating the room was a maze thru numerous corridors. It seems to me the hotel was expanded many times. While my room was clean it was very small with no in room safe and a bathroom shower curtain that clung to me - gross.

Access to Georgetown was easy, about a 10 minute walk over the Key Bridge. Be aware very cold in the winter, it must be lovely in the summer. About a 5 minute drive from the hotel is a restaurant named Rays the Steak (concierge recommended) it was excellent and fairly priced.

For the $75 a night I paid for this hotel it was a great bargain.

Stayed February 2014
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for your wonderful review of the Key Bridge Marriott. I'm glad that you were able to indulge in some of our scrumptious desserts and take advantage of the short commute to Georgetown. We hope to have you back again once the Cherry Blossoms have bloomed and the weather is more cheerful.

Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

I would recommend this hotel. It was clean and the staff were friendly. The lounge had good food. Your across the bridge from Georgetown. Easy drive to the various things in DC. The room appeared updated. Hotel itself was a little old but well maintained. You do get charged for parking. Anthony waived my parking because of a delay in finding a room. That is good customer service.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Hotel Guest,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience with us. I am delighted to hear that your stay was enjoyable and that you loved the accessible location to D.C. and Georgetown. Thank you for mentioning Anthony's fantastic customer service in your review, we always appreciate receiving compliments of our hosts delivering excellent service to our guests. We hope to welcome you back to the Key Bridge Marriott in the near future!

New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Did not receive the typical excellent customer service I normally receive when I stay at Marriott. Normally when I check in, the Front Desk Clerk greets me and is happy to help me. Regardless if he does, or doesn't work at the front desk he should of directed me to someone who could help me, instead of look at me and just walk in the back room. He was dressed nicely but mike or michael did not give me the quality customer service I am use to receiving at Marriott. I was happy that a woman (did not get her name) was very kind and checked me in very quickly. It is unfortunate I wasn't able to get her name because she could show him a thing or two about customer service.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Ashley K, Executive Assistant at Key Bridge Marriott, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Dear Recent Guest,

Thank you for providing feedback about your recent stay with us. It’s always great to hear what guests think about their experiences and it helps us to improve upon the service we provide. I would like to apologize for the level of customer service you encountered. We strive to provide the highest level of customer service to all of our guests and I do sincerely apologize that we did not meet your expectations. Please feel free to contact me if you wish to discuss further, or to let me know when you make your way back to the Key Bridge Marriott.

Ashley

Been to Key Bridge Marriott? Share your experiences!