“Good Value for DC/Arlington” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save Up to 25% in No. VA
Ranked #36 of 47 hotels in Arlington
Baltimore, Maryland
“Good Value for DC/Arlington”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

This is one of our go to hotels when staying overnight after a night out in DC or Arlington. Walkable to Georgetown in nice weather, accessible to DC via Metro, and Arlington by Metro or cab. Lobby area seems renovated but our room was a little dated. AC unit was very noisy when it came on, plus had noise from the planes taking off from Reagan.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

601 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel twice in the past year. My husband and I took a bike trip alone and with friends several months later and stayed at the Key Bridge Marriott on both trips. We were able to ride our bikes from the C and O canal path right to the hotel and were able to lock our bikes in their garage. The hotel lobby is beautiful, the rooms are very clean and tastefully furnished and...you can get a package that includes breakfast. The breakfast buffet is wonderful with both hot and cold dishes available. I would highly recommend this hotel not only for its ambiance but one can walk right across the bridge into Georgetown and the subway is a short walk from the hotel to get to other parts of D.C. The staff are also very friendly and polite. What can I say if you plan a trip to our nation's capitol stay at this hotel.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Nice hotel in great location. View of Georgetown was great. Our room was very small, with the bed taking 60% of the room. It was hard to move around. Other than that and the daily parking rate of $19, Hotel was nice.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Salem, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

We just spent 3 nights there for a high school reunion. They are right on the Potomac river, first building on the Va. side of Key Bridge. Not a better spot in the entire Washington area. And they score high on all the important criteria, service, very nice rooms, hospitality suite, ballroom, food. It is the location though that sets this place apart.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I believe I might have given this hotel a perfect rating if I had had a better view from my room and it had been more recently updated. I lived in DC a number of years ago so I am familiar with the area and wanted a hotel close to jogging trails and the metro. It is definitely both. I had hoped for a view of the river or Georgetown, unfortunately I had a 4th floor room facing Lee Highway and the parking garage, which can be somewhat loud at times. The room is of a decent size with enough amenities like wifi, coffee machine, adequate bathroom space and the beds and pillows are comfy and the rooms clean. For someone like me who only needed somewhere to sleep and metro access, it was perfect. The person who checked me in was very nice but did not give me the best directions to my room. I used the main elevator only to meander aimlessly through my floor for about 10 minutes, when I finally found my room on the far end of the hotel; I wish somebody had told me the easiest way to get there. The lobby and bar area are small, but have obviously been carefully renovated and even have a small gift shop with snacks and coffee drinks, these areas look lovely. However, this same care with renovation has not been brought to the other areas of the hotel and my room looked as if it hadn't be renovated since 1990.

Pros
Close walk to Georgetown and Rosslyn Metro (probably 10 min uphill)
Easily accessible to jogging trails around Potomac River, Georgetown and Theodore Roosevelt Island
Nice lobby and bar newly updated
Good customer service
15 dollar cab ride to DCA
Comfy pillows and beds

Cons
Rooms are in need of an update
Can be loud if facing highway- East
Pricey

Room Tip: Get a room facing Georgetown or the district on an upper floor (west or north). Do not get a room f...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Raleigh, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

This was our fourth stay at this property over the last eight years for the Marine Corps Marathon. Sadly, it is much reduced. Having paid for a three-night stay in a club room, we were irritated to arrive on a Friday to find the concierge lounge had simply been shut up for the weekend and no services or newspapers available. The room was adequate but small and the bed too soft. As Marriott Rewards members, we generally find Marriott’s food above par but at this location, sadly, the excellent 14th floor restaurant was shuttered some years past. On Friday night there was nothing but minimal menu service in a noisy bar—basically, the room service menu. On Saturday the main restaurant was opened, but with no menu, just a frightfully bad buffet consisting of pasta with marinara, some sliced chicken, a salad bar, and two plates of cookies. Seriously. Even a hard-working restaurant manager could not make up for the lack of restaurants and a shortage of wait staff. The internet service—pricy at $13 per 24 hours—was sloooow and cut out so often it was not worth the aggravation. What was good? The room was spotlessly clean, and miracle of miracles, well lit. You really couldn’t fault the staff here; it felt more as if decisions had been made at some corporate level to save money, causing this property to fall below usual Marriott standards. While this was by no means a horrid trip, given the outstanding choices available in the DC area, we would probably not stay at this property again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Key Bridge Marriott? Share your experiences!