“One of the worst Marriotts” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 25% off
Ranked #36 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Evanston, Illinois
“One of the worst Marriotts”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

I have stayed here numerous times now, and if I weren't a Marriott rewards member, I wouldn't have stayed here again. As of this writing, I am done with this property. The building is very dated, and while the lobby has been upgraded nicely, the rooms, hallways, and concierge lounge have not. They have been working on the elevators forever, and I once had to ride in the cargo elevator!

Last time I was here my room smelled of smoke, so I had to request a move. This time my room's Internet crawled, and required two calls to tech support. Most of the time I was getting download speeds of .5 MBPS (should be at least 3). Marriott would be better off taking their brand off of this decrepit building or knocking it down and rebuilding, especially considering the high quality competition just blocks away at Le Meridien and the Hyatt.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
KeyBridgeMarrio... G, Manager at Key Bridge Marriott, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor. We'd like to learn more about your stay. Please privately message your contact information.

Key Bridge Marriott

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
Edgewater Park, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I have stayed at this Marriott multiple times. Love it for the location and great value price for Northern VA/ DC area. Breakfast buffet and restaurants are all great and the food is Marriott par. Location is a few blocks from the Rossyln Metro Station which makes it easily accessible to DC. During my last stay however; I had many issues. Our room was very worn and looked as old as the hotel really is. Basic functions like the shower head and faucets were slow, and the ice machine was always out of order on multiple floors. Our room key never worked, and we could not access our room without the help of security. After emailing the hotel several times after my stay they rewarded me with a nominal amount of Marriott bonus points. I do not know if the issue was ever resolved as we tried multiple times during the stay to have our door fixed, but got no answers. Hopefully no one else has this issue while staying here. I will give this Marriott 3 stars although 2 is deserving as the service, and GM response are awful.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We've visited W-DC , first time trip, and we got a reasonable deal at Key Bridge.
What we liked: conveniently located, quite close to National Mall east end, walkable distance to Georgetown.
The hotel is clean, beds are comfortable. We enjoyed the pool for two evenings, not crowded at all, open until late.
Big Bus tours picks up tourists with tickets from the hotel every morning - very convenient!

What we did not like:
- our room did not have a fridge and no one really cared about it. We did not make a fuss of it, as we had our girls next door and they had their one (we spent only the evening/ nights in the hotel, anyway!)
- the breakfast at the hotel is expensive, for (not the best) food!
- their choice of diner is laughable, and there are no too many other choices around. Recommend to have your dinner in Georgetown - good food for reasonable prices.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Augusta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This was a special trip to take my new wife to Arlington Cemetery to visit her father, mother, brother and late husband. Everything that Marriott did for us, as a special honeymoon, was tremendous. We had so much service from the staff that our visit was made special. In fact, we extended our stay by a day. Great place to stay, excellent location and wonderful staff. I particularly applaud Martha for her superb omelettes every morning. My only disappointment was that the former dining room on the top floor was long gone, converted into a conference area. One of the most beautiful views of Washington DC at night was dearly missed.

Room Tip: The higher you go, the better the view, in the direction of DC. Make certain you have Marth's O...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
bOSTON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

1st time in the Dc area. Loved the location .No more than a 10 minute walk into gorgeous Georgetown. Two blocks to metro so tool the train everywhere. Easy train commute from airport.

Checked in at 10am and was offered a variety of available rooms. Upon checkout 3 days later we were able to keep the room till 3pm no additional cost. Staff could not have been more helpful and accommodating.

Great breakfast buffet.

Yes we would return.

Room Tip: I enjoyed being on ground level near pool and patio tables
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Paradise Valley, Arizona, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I love Marriott's but was disappointed this trip. On a Friday afternoon after being on a flight all day I go to check in and the special desk for VIP Marriott members was closed and the line to check in was fairly long. I asked if the person working that desk had stepped away and they said no, they don't have it open on Friday's. Seems a little crazy to me that on a Friday afternoon at 4pm with a whole bunch of people checking in that you wouldn't have that desk open.

My bigger issue was the some of my travelling companions had on Saturday morning. They heard water running in their bathroom, the problem was that it was coming from the room above them, and was all over their bathroom. They called the front desk and after 40 minutes had to call again to get someone to come up and see what was happening. The staffer then went upstairs to talk to the people on the 6th floor, came back down and asked my friends to wait an hour b/c the people upstairs wanted to take another shower. OMG! Not the kind of service or experience that Marriott is known for. They finally were given a different room.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Roanoke, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

The Key Bridge Marriott is in a perfect for exploring DC: an easy drive over the Potomac into Georgetown, and close to the Rosslyn Metro station. We enjoyed the indoor/outdoor pool and the breakfast buffet. Our 7th-floor room had a great view of downtown DC. The room and public spaces could definitely use some updating. Also, they charge for wifi in the room, but it was so slow, we ended up cancelling and asking the charge to be removed from the bill, which they did without question.

Here's a pet peeve that I've encountered lately in various hotels: when we swim in the afternoon or shower before going out for dinner and we use towels, I request fresh towels be sent to the room while we're out in the evening. Almost always, a couple of clean bath towels are delivered and placed on the bed or bathroom counter top, but the wet ones that we've left on the bathroom floor are still there. It seems to me that truly good service would be to remove the used ones and hang up the fresh ones.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Key Bridge Marriott? Share your experiences!