“Old, poorly managed, and needs serious upgrades!” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save Up to 25% in No. VA
Ranked #36 of 47 hotels in Arlington
Maryville, Tennessee
“Old, poorly managed, and needs serious upgrades!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Just stayed 4 nights at Marriott Key Bridge and was very disappointed. First of all, my party of 4 adults was assigned a room with a single King bed! After resolving that little matter, we found our room and it was HOT, had a musty odor, and only 3 towels and wash cloths. We were very tired and very hungry so we went to the dining room for dinner. Sign in front read "Closed". We were then told that we could eat in the bar. None of us were in the mood for loud music, loud drinkers, and a place at the bar. Restaurant remained closed for entire time we were there! Housekeeping issues only got worse day to day. After asking for a total of 4 of everything for our room, we came back that night to find ONE (1) wash cloth, 3 towels, and 2 coffee cups and glasses; no replenishing of toiletries at all. Only 1 small trash can for the entire room. Far worse than anything else was their charges. $19 per day to park; $14 per day for wifi (which is free EVERYWHERE!); NO movie channels at all; Fees for copier use; and the little fee they DO NOT tell you about.......they put a $162.00 freeze (above and beyond my bill total) on my checking account for 7 days!!!!! One final note, the hot tub is cold, the pool is cold, the elevators operate at a snail pace and are dirty, the only beds they have are DOUBLE or King so if you need Queen you are out of luck; and if you think the management will help you with anything, think again. I could not even get him to put a toner cartridge in the printer so I could print a document. He kept saying it was new, even though 3 other guests were showing him their documents which did not print AND the printer itself was saying "Toner Cartridge Empty". There is a Holiday Inn directly across the street from this property. Although I have never stayed at a Holiday Inn, I can't imagine it being any worse than this dump!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!!!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

604 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
so. California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Saved a ton of money by staying here to sightsee in DC versus choosing another location across the river. Metro is a short distance away and so easy once you get the hang of it. Had a nice view of Georgetown and room was decent. Included breakfast buffet was a wonderful way to start each day off. Concierge and bell staff were great and very helpful! Went on a Washington monuments by night tour that picked us up and dropped us off right at the hotel! Very convenient!

Room Tip: Lots of teams and schools use this hotel!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is ok. The staff are friendly, and that's where the goodness ends. Rooms are hot (not great HVAC), nothing very clean, old elevators, wonky concierge lounge, etc. If you seek a step up from the Red Roof Inn or Holliday Inn and a low price, this is your place -- value proced at under $200 per night. If you want a full service quality stay, look across the river for more current and better maintained properties.

• Stayed July 2013
Somerville, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed here for two nights to go visit museums & monuments in DC, seeing as the places closer to the sights were much more expensive.

The hotel was pretty average - what you would expect for the price and for a Marriot. It's a pleasant enough location, with some nice coffee places and restaurants within walking and biking distance. When we checked in, the really nice woman at reception gave us a great room that hadn't been booked, so we got to have a very pictaresque view of Georgetown across the river. The room was attractive and convenient, average size. Check in and check out were easy and speedy.

We were using the DC bike share instead of renting a car (only 15 bucks for three days of bike usage!). We were able to bike to downtown DC in about a half hour via a very pleasant ride through Georgetown.

Over all, not an extremely special or romantic destination, but an average hotel with above average service. We had no problems. Kind of a bummer that they didnt have free wireless.

I would recommend it to anyone looking for an affordable place near DC.

• Stayed July 2013
Waco, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Just got home on Tuesday, our granddaughters loved the pool our room was right there so easy for kids to enjoy the room was dated but very comfortable. Close to Metro but not the closest hotel in the area

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I have stayed at the Key Bridge many times over the last few years. I travel from Seattle and usually spend at least 2 weeks at a time working in the DC area. I look for a convenient location with as many ammenities as possible. I found the Key Bridge to be a great place to stay. It is an easy drive to get to my office in Arlington, VA or a short walk to Georgetown and the Rosslyn Metro Station. The staff is always friendly and accomodating and the hotel includes all the ammenities I look for including a conceirge floor that includes breakfast and dinner for elite Marriott members. I find the staff at Connexion bar/restaurant worth a special mention! The staff always makes me feel right at home and they don't mind turning on my favorite sports. The Key Bridge has free internet service in the Lobby and Connexion areas which makes it easy to work or surf the internet while enjoying a meal or drink. I have been able to get a very competitive room rate as long as I plan ahead. Last but not least, the Hotel Manager and his Executive Assistant make themselves available to help resolve issues or to greet guests. I would highly recommend for both business and vacation travel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
new jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I'm back from a long weekend in DC, staying at the Key Bridge Marriott. I usually stay in Arlington/Crystal City since I don't like driving in the city and this was my first time at the KBM. Since I made reservations back in May, the rate was great, and the room was average (but the AC worked great, which was key this weekend), bed was very comfy and I like the toiletries. The maids were all very friendly, as were the two different concierges that I dealt with. The downside was that it wasn't the best walk back from the metro later at night (dark and deserted 4-5 blocks). I was also very unhappy to find that the garage doesn't have an elevator (at least that I could find) and it wasn't fun dragging my luggage down the stairs. The garage emptied out on Sunday so I was able to find a space on the ground level. It's a large hotel and over the weekend the restaurant was very crowded at breakfast (if I didn't have it included with my room, I wouldn't have eaten there), and the lines at the front desk were always very long (so while I had problems with my room keys, I didn't have the patience to wait at the desk to have the problem addressed). Also, lots of families....meaning lots of little kids running around and out of control (although I know that's not the hotel's fault/responsibility). You could definitely hear the airplanes coming and going from National, but once I turned the fan on, you couldn't hear a thing and it didn't interrupt my sleep. Overall, given the large number of options in the area, I'm not sure I'd come back.

Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Been to Key Bridge Marriott? Share your experiences!