“Pretty average, but great service made it memorable!” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #36 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Somerville, Massachusetts
“Pretty average, but great service made it memorable!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed here for two nights to go visit museums & monuments in DC, seeing as the places closer to the sights were much more expensive.

The hotel was pretty average - what you would expect for the price and for a Marriot. It's a pleasant enough location, with some nice coffee places and restaurants within walking and biking distance. When we checked in, the really nice woman at reception gave us a great room that hadn't been booked, so we got to have a very pictaresque view of Georgetown across the river. The room was attractive and convenient, average size. Check in and check out were easy and speedy.

We were using the DC bike share instead of renting a car (only 15 bucks for three days of bike usage!). We were able to bike to downtown DC in about a half hour via a very pleasant ride through Georgetown.

Over all, not an extremely special or romantic destination, but an average hotel with above average service. We had no problems. Kind of a bummer that they didnt have free wireless.

I would recommend it to anyone looking for an affordable place near DC.

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Waco, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Just got home on Tuesday, our granddaughters loved the pool our room was right there so easy for kids to enjoy the room was dated but very comfortable. Close to Metro but not the closest hotel in the area

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I have stayed at the Key Bridge many times over the last few years. I travel from Seattle and usually spend at least 2 weeks at a time working in the DC area. I look for a convenient location with as many ammenities as possible. I found the Key Bridge to be a great place to stay. It is an easy drive to get to my office in Arlington, VA or a short walk to Georgetown and the Rosslyn Metro Station. The staff is always friendly and accomodating and the hotel includes all the ammenities I look for including a conceirge floor that includes breakfast and dinner for elite Marriott members. I find the staff at Connexion bar/restaurant worth a special mention! The staff always makes me feel right at home and they don't mind turning on my favorite sports. The Key Bridge has free internet service in the Lobby and Connexion areas which makes it easy to work or surf the internet while enjoying a meal or drink. I have been able to get a very competitive room rate as long as I plan ahead. Last but not least, the Hotel Manager and his Executive Assistant make themselves available to help resolve issues or to greet guests. I would highly recommend for both business and vacation travel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
new jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I'm back from a long weekend in DC, staying at the Key Bridge Marriott. I usually stay in Arlington/Crystal City since I don't like driving in the city and this was my first time at the KBM. Since I made reservations back in May, the rate was great, and the room was average (but the AC worked great, which was key this weekend), bed was very comfy and I like the toiletries. The maids were all very friendly, as were the two different concierges that I dealt with. The downside was that it wasn't the best walk back from the metro later at night (dark and deserted 4-5 blocks). I was also very unhappy to find that the garage doesn't have an elevator (at least that I could find) and it wasn't fun dragging my luggage down the stairs. The garage emptied out on Sunday so I was able to find a space on the ground level. It's a large hotel and over the weekend the restaurant was very crowded at breakfast (if I didn't have it included with my room, I wouldn't have eaten there), and the lines at the front desk were always very long (so while I had problems with my room keys, I didn't have the patience to wait at the desk to have the problem addressed). Also, lots of families....meaning lots of little kids running around and out of control (although I know that's not the hotel's fault/responsibility). You could definitely hear the airplanes coming and going from National, but once I turned the fan on, you couldn't hear a thing and it didn't interrupt my sleep. Overall, given the large number of options in the area, I'm not sure I'd come back.

Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
North Hills
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I've stayed in the Arlington/Key Bridge area several times. I like the area and it's convenient to many locations. This is the first time I stayed at this Marriott. Upon arrival, I asked for two room keys. On not one, not two, but SIX different occasions, neither key worked. On two to those occasions, a front desk person accompanied me to try the keys themselves, as if I didn't know how to use the cardkey. I almost got offended. If it weren't for some of the people who work at the hotel, I probably would have changed my review from very good down to good. By far, the most helpful (and knowledgeable) was Omar, the Concierge. The Bellman (Ben) was also quite helpful. In the bar, I thought Juan did a fine job also.

Room Tip: Do not stay in room 557. It is on the corner, next to the elevators and it is very noisy. Other than...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Wilmington, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

The hotel itself is in a great location, very close to the rosslyn metro and to georgetown. The downstairs lobby and bar area are nice and updated however I just cant get past the fact that they charge you $14 for internet access per day as well as $19 a day to park. In this day and age internet should be a basic, I have stayed at much cheaper hotels that provided free wifi. By the end of my trip I spent an extra $100 just on parking and internet, very disappointed. The location is great but Im not sure I would stay there again.
The room was comfortable and I have no real complaints other than there wasnt a refrigerator in the room.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Waltham, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

No doubt, the location of this property is wonderful. Such an easy walk to Georgetown (if you don't get run over by bicyclists) and beautiful views of the campus! Very close to the Metro, which makes getting into the District easy as well. That, and the friendly concierge and chamber maid were the best parts of our visit.

I stayed here years ago, and was really looking forward to a special return visit, bringing my daughter who is moving to the area. What a disappointment. The hotel seems a tad rundown. The lobby lounge and restaurant areas are not inviting, and there was a moldy smell throughout the first floor. The lobby was crowded with people crowding in to use the free wi-fi*.

The room was okay, and as I said, the view was lovely -- despite the filthy exterior windows. The bathroom was tiny and poorly ventilated; and the hair dryer was likely as old as the room. I am lucky that it didn't go on fire while I was using it. I asked for another on our second day, which was never delivered.

The pool area was another high/low point. Great indoor/outdoor pool. However, when I went down to take an early morning swim, I was told the outdoor pool did not open until 10:00. While I understand the noise factor with people milling about outside, as we heard from our room, I think my swimming laps would have been fairly quiet. In fact, it would have been a great time for restricted lap swimming. Instead I was relegated to the damp, humid, hot indoor pool. Not at all refreshing. The gym is limited at best, too.

I am so surprised that there is no airport shuttle. We certainly had noise from planes.

It still amazes me that there is a charge for wi-fi. What a ridiculous extra charge in this day and age. This has been the case at all the Marriott hotels I have stayed at recently, in contrast to the Residence Inn and Courtyard properties I have frequented. Pay more, get less! That being said, I will choose another property for my next visits. They are plentiful, for sure.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Key Bridge Marriott? Share your experiences!