“Great Place to Stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #36 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Seattle
“Great Place to Stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I have stayed at the Key Bridge many times over the last few years. I travel from Seattle and usually spend at least 2 weeks at a time working in the DC area. I look for a convenient location with as many ammenities as possible. I found the Key Bridge to be a great place to stay. It is an easy drive to get to my office in Arlington, VA or a short walk to Georgetown and the Rosslyn Metro Station. The staff is always friendly and accomodating and the hotel includes all the ammenities I look for including a conceirge floor that includes breakfast and dinner for elite Marriott members. I find the staff at Connexion bar/restaurant worth a special mention! The staff always makes me feel right at home and they don't mind turning on my favorite sports. The Key Bridge has free internet service in the Lobby and Connexion areas which makes it easy to work or surf the internet while enjoying a meal or drink. I have been able to get a very competitive room rate as long as I plan ahead. Last but not least, the Hotel Manager and his Executive Assistant make themselves available to help resolve issues or to greet guests. I would highly recommend for both business and vacation travel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
new jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I'm back from a long weekend in DC, staying at the Key Bridge Marriott. I usually stay in Arlington/Crystal City since I don't like driving in the city and this was my first time at the KBM. Since I made reservations back in May, the rate was great, and the room was average (but the AC worked great, which was key this weekend), bed was very comfy and I like the toiletries. The maids were all very friendly, as were the two different concierges that I dealt with. The downside was that it wasn't the best walk back from the metro later at night (dark and deserted 4-5 blocks). I was also very unhappy to find that the garage doesn't have an elevator (at least that I could find) and it wasn't fun dragging my luggage down the stairs. The garage emptied out on Sunday so I was able to find a space on the ground level. It's a large hotel and over the weekend the restaurant was very crowded at breakfast (if I didn't have it included with my room, I wouldn't have eaten there), and the lines at the front desk were always very long (so while I had problems with my room keys, I didn't have the patience to wait at the desk to have the problem addressed). Also, lots of families....meaning lots of little kids running around and out of control (although I know that's not the hotel's fault/responsibility). You could definitely hear the airplanes coming and going from National, but once I turned the fan on, you couldn't hear a thing and it didn't interrupt my sleep. Overall, given the large number of options in the area, I'm not sure I'd come back.

Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
North Hills
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I've stayed in the Arlington/Key Bridge area several times. I like the area and it's convenient to many locations. This is the first time I stayed at this Marriott. Upon arrival, I asked for two room keys. On not one, not two, but SIX different occasions, neither key worked. On two to those occasions, a front desk person accompanied me to try the keys themselves, as if I didn't know how to use the cardkey. I almost got offended. If it weren't for some of the people who work at the hotel, I probably would have changed my review from very good down to good. By far, the most helpful (and knowledgeable) was Omar, the Concierge. The Bellman (Ben) was also quite helpful. In the bar, I thought Juan did a fine job also.

Room Tip: Do not stay in room 557. It is on the corner, next to the elevators and it is very noisy. Other than...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Wilmington, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

The hotel itself is in a great location, very close to the rosslyn metro and to georgetown. The downstairs lobby and bar area are nice and updated however I just cant get past the fact that they charge you $14 for internet access per day as well as $19 a day to park. In this day and age internet should be a basic, I have stayed at much cheaper hotels that provided free wifi. By the end of my trip I spent an extra $100 just on parking and internet, very disappointed. The location is great but Im not sure I would stay there again.
The room was comfortable and I have no real complaints other than there wasnt a refrigerator in the room.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Waltham, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

No doubt, the location of this property is wonderful. Such an easy walk to Georgetown (if you don't get run over by bicyclists) and beautiful views of the campus! Very close to the Metro, which makes getting into the District easy as well. That, and the friendly concierge and chamber maid were the best parts of our visit.

I stayed here years ago, and was really looking forward to a special return visit, bringing my daughter who is moving to the area. What a disappointment. The hotel seems a tad rundown. The lobby lounge and restaurant areas are not inviting, and there was a moldy smell throughout the first floor. The lobby was crowded with people crowding in to use the free wi-fi*.

The room was okay, and as I said, the view was lovely -- despite the filthy exterior windows. The bathroom was tiny and poorly ventilated; and the hair dryer was likely as old as the room. I am lucky that it didn't go on fire while I was using it. I asked for another on our second day, which was never delivered.

The pool area was another high/low point. Great indoor/outdoor pool. However, when I went down to take an early morning swim, I was told the outdoor pool did not open until 10:00. While I understand the noise factor with people milling about outside, as we heard from our room, I think my swimming laps would have been fairly quiet. In fact, it would have been a great time for restricted lap swimming. Instead I was relegated to the damp, humid, hot indoor pool. Not at all refreshing. The gym is limited at best, too.

I am so surprised that there is no airport shuttle. We certainly had noise from planes.

It still amazes me that there is a charge for wi-fi. What a ridiculous extra charge in this day and age. This has been the case at all the Marriott hotels I have stayed at recently, in contrast to the Residence Inn and Courtyard properties I have frequented. Pay more, get less! That being said, I will choose another property for my next visits. They are plentiful, for sure.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Danville, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

If you want to visit to DC and Georgetown, this is the key place to stay!!! It's called the Key Bridge Marriott because you are at the Francis Scott Key Bridge. Quick easy access to everything. Bring your bikes and hop on one the many trails, starting right outside your hotel! The hotel room was light and airy; the bed was oh so comfy; and the staff was friendly. It had an indoor/outdoor pool that was great fun and very relaxing. Pay the extra money for breakfast, by all means!!!! It was sumptuous!!!!

Room Tip: Higher rooms have better views. Choose the Georgetown side!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Scottsdale, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Day one of five. Location great for city access but you get the pleasure of hearing the very many aircraft landing st Reagan International and they land all night.

If you want a room with a view then avoid 482. Unless you like a view of other rooms and a side viewvof the pool area. The Keybridge is obviously an older hotel with a "newer" addition. The addition does not appear to be that new. The staff is friendly. Our room is a standard hotel room from the 1980's. The bathtub has had obvious repairs. The table on wheels in the room had not been pulled out to be cleaned inbetween guests as we found a sales reciept from a previous guest that they missed just sitting there. My son found several girls hair ties as well.

The Revival restaurant was closed a little before 5:00pm so these two hungry travellers were forced to eat in the Connexion Lounge. If you have kids do not let them order lemonade. They make it using sour mix, water and sugar. It is horrid. The chicken quesadilla however has lots of chicken.If you are from the southwest you will not like it. The guac is packaged and tastes like it.

More tomorrow.

Room Tip: Don't choose 482.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Key Bridge Marriott? Share your experiences!