“Very Good” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #36 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
North Hills
“Very Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I've stayed in the Arlington/Key Bridge area several times. I like the area and it's convenient to many locations. This is the first time I stayed at this Marriott. Upon arrival, I asked for two room keys. On not one, not two, but SIX different occasions, neither key worked. On two to those occasions, a front desk person accompanied me to try the keys themselves, as if I didn't know how to use the cardkey. I almost got offended. If it weren't for some of the people who work at the hotel, I probably would have changed my review from very good down to good. By far, the most helpful (and knowledgeable) was Omar, the Concierge. The Bellman (Ben) was also quite helpful. In the bar, I thought Juan did a fine job also.

Room Tip: Do not stay in room 557. It is on the corner, next to the elevators and it is very noisy. Other than...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
Wilmington, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

The hotel itself is in a great location, very close to the rosslyn metro and to georgetown. The downstairs lobby and bar area are nice and updated however I just cant get past the fact that they charge you $14 for internet access per day as well as $19 a day to park. In this day and age internet should be a basic, I have stayed at much cheaper hotels that provided free wifi. By the end of my trip I spent an extra $100 just on parking and internet, very disappointed. The location is great but Im not sure I would stay there again.
The room was comfortable and I have no real complaints other than there wasnt a refrigerator in the room.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Waltham, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

No doubt, the location of this property is wonderful. Such an easy walk to Georgetown (if you don't get run over by bicyclists) and beautiful views of the campus! Very close to the Metro, which makes getting into the District easy as well. That, and the friendly concierge and chamber maid were the best parts of our visit.

I stayed here years ago, and was really looking forward to a special return visit, bringing my daughter who is moving to the area. What a disappointment. The hotel seems a tad rundown. The lobby lounge and restaurant areas are not inviting, and there was a moldy smell throughout the first floor. The lobby was crowded with people crowding in to use the free wi-fi*.

The room was okay, and as I said, the view was lovely -- despite the filthy exterior windows. The bathroom was tiny and poorly ventilated; and the hair dryer was likely as old as the room. I am lucky that it didn't go on fire while I was using it. I asked for another on our second day, which was never delivered.

The pool area was another high/low point. Great indoor/outdoor pool. However, when I went down to take an early morning swim, I was told the outdoor pool did not open until 10:00. While I understand the noise factor with people milling about outside, as we heard from our room, I think my swimming laps would have been fairly quiet. In fact, it would have been a great time for restricted lap swimming. Instead I was relegated to the damp, humid, hot indoor pool. Not at all refreshing. The gym is limited at best, too.

I am so surprised that there is no airport shuttle. We certainly had noise from planes.

It still amazes me that there is a charge for wi-fi. What a ridiculous extra charge in this day and age. This has been the case at all the Marriott hotels I have stayed at recently, in contrast to the Residence Inn and Courtyard properties I have frequented. Pay more, get less! That being said, I will choose another property for my next visits. They are plentiful, for sure.

Danville, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

If you want to visit to DC and Georgetown, this is the key place to stay!!! It's called the Key Bridge Marriott because you are at the Francis Scott Key Bridge. Quick easy access to everything. Bring your bikes and hop on one the many trails, starting right outside your hotel! The hotel room was light and airy; the bed was oh so comfy; and the staff was friendly. It had an indoor/outdoor pool that was great fun and very relaxing. Pay the extra money for breakfast, by all means!!!! It was sumptuous!!!!

Room Tip: Higher rooms have better views. Choose the Georgetown side!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Scottsdale, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Day one of five. Location great for city access but you get the pleasure of hearing the very many aircraft landing st Reagan International and they land all night.

If you want a room with a view then avoid 482. Unless you like a view of other rooms and a side viewvof the pool area. The Keybridge is obviously an older hotel with a "newer" addition. The addition does not appear to be that new. The staff is friendly. Our room is a standard hotel room from the 1980's. The bathtub has had obvious repairs. The table on wheels in the room had not been pulled out to be cleaned inbetween guests as we found a sales reciept from a previous guest that they missed just sitting there. My son found several girls hair ties as well.

The Revival restaurant was closed a little before 5:00pm so these two hungry travellers were forced to eat in the Connexion Lounge. If you have kids do not let them order lemonade. They make it using sour mix, water and sugar. It is horrid. The chicken quesadilla however has lots of chicken.If you are from the southwest you will not like it. The guac is packaged and tastes like it.

More tomorrow.

Room Tip: Don't choose 482.
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I love this hotel, especially in summer for indoor/ outdoor pool.

Convenient location for metro, away from city rush.

Was full over the July 4th holiday, so they were not up to par as they usually are.

History to this hotel is great and the management can tell you about it. Second oldest Marriott, but oldest in existance.

May be time for a refresher though.

Get a city view. Worth the upgrade.

Florence, Kentucky, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

This hotel was very clean and well kept. The staff all were very friendly except for the lady that checked us out on our final day. There was some confusion on the bill since we decided to come a day early. Once the gentlemen that started our transaction understood what was going on he did his best to smooth over her rudeness. There was some airplane noise but that's too be expected considering the location and price. The pool area was excellent and so was the parking garage. Overall we had a very nice stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Key Bridge Marriott? Share your experiences!