No doubt, the location of this property is wonderful. Such an easy walk to Georgetown (if you don't get run over by bicyclists) and beautiful views of the campus! Very close to the Metro, which makes getting into the District easy as well. That, and the friendly concierge and chamber maid were the best parts of our visit.
I stayed here years ago, and was really looking forward to a special return visit, bringing my daughter who is moving to the area. What a disappointment. The hotel seems a tad rundown. The lobby lounge and restaurant areas are not inviting, and there was a moldy smell throughout the first floor. The lobby was crowded with people crowding in to use the free wi-fi*.
The room was okay, and as I said, the view was lovely -- despite the filthy exterior windows. The bathroom was tiny and poorly ventilated; and the hair dryer was likely as old as the room. I am lucky that it didn't go on fire while I was using it. I asked for another on our second day, which was never delivered.
The pool area was another high/low point. Great indoor/outdoor pool. However, when I went down to take an early morning swim, I was told the outdoor pool did not open until 10:00. While I understand the noise factor with people milling about outside, as we heard from our room, I think my swimming laps would have been fairly quiet. In fact, it would have been a great time for restricted lap swimming. Instead I was relegated to the damp, humid, hot indoor pool. Not at all refreshing. The gym is limited at best, too.
I am so surprised that there is no airport shuttle. We certainly had noise from planes.
It still amazes me that there is a charge for wi-fi. What a ridiculous extra charge in this day and age. This has been the case at all the Marriott hotels I have stayed at recently, in contrast to the Residence Inn and Courtyard properties I have frequented. Pay more, get less! That being said, I will choose another property for my next visits. They are plentiful, for sure.
- Also Known As:
- Key Bridge Marriott Hotel Arlington
- Key Bridge Marriott Hotel
- Marriott Hotel Key Bridge
- Marriott Arlington
- Arlington Marriott
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated just across the Potomac River from Georgetown, our hotel offers panoramic views of the sights and sounds of the nation's capital. Being a premier choice among Arlington, VA and Georgetown, DC hotels, we provide direct access to Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport as well as the corporations and government agencies of Northern Virginia saving you travel time in and out of the District. For travelers looking to take in the area's famous landmarks such as the Smithsonian Museums, Iwo Jima Memorial, Arlington National Cemetery and the National Monuments, hop on the DC Metro system at the Rosslyn Metro station, only 3 blocks from our front door. You'll find stylish surroundings inside our hotel as well. Our hotel features an open lobby with private seating nooks and complimentary wireless internet access. Our Revival Restaurant and Connexion Lounge offer an classic dishes and comfort foods with a modern interpretation. We also offer 17,000 sq ft of event space across 22 rooms including the top-floor Capital View Ballroom which seats up to 300 and offers penthouse views. Perfect for your next celebration. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Marriott, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Key Bridge Marriott reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.