No doubt, the location of this property is wonderful. Such an easy walk to Georgetown (if you don't get run over by bicyclists) and beautiful views of the campus! Very close to the Metro, which makes getting into the District easy as well. That, and the friendly concierge and chamber maid were the best parts of our visit.
I stayed here years ago, and was really looking forward to a special return visit, bringing my daughter who is moving to the area. What a disappointment. The hotel seems a tad rundown. The lobby lounge and restaurant areas are not inviting, and there was a moldy smell throughout the first floor. The lobby was crowded with people crowding in to use the free wi-fi*.
The room was okay, and as I said, the view was lovely -- despite the filthy exterior windows. The bathroom was tiny and poorly ventilated; and the hair dryer was likely as old as the room. I am lucky that it didn't go on fire while I was using it. I asked for another on our second day, which was never delivered.
The pool area was another high/low point. Great indoor/outdoor pool. However, when I went down to take an early morning swim, I was told the outdoor pool did not open until 10:00. While I understand the noise factor with people milling about outside, as we heard from our room, I think my swimming laps would have been fairly quiet. In fact, it would have been a great time for restricted lap swimming. Instead I was relegated to the damp, humid, hot indoor pool. Not at all refreshing. The gym is limited at best, too.
I am so surprised that there is no airport shuttle. We certainly had noise from planes.
It still amazes me that there is a charge for wi-fi. What a ridiculous extra charge in this day and age. This has been the case at all the Marriott hotels I have stayed at recently, in contrast to the Residence Inn and Courtyard properties I have frequented. Pay more, get less! That being said, I will choose another property for my next visits. They are plentiful, for sure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience Washington, DC at one of the most conveniently-located hotels in Arlington, VA, Key Bridge Marriott. Located across the river from Georgetown via a pedestrian friendly bridge, our Arlington, VA hotel offers access to the Nation's Capital, as well as many vibrant Northern Virginia neighborhoods. Newly renovated rooms and suites boast perks for the modern traveler. Experience one-of-a-kind panoramic views of nearby Georgetown. Weddings and events at our hotel are unforgettable, thanks to venues like the top-floor Capital View Ballroom, which provides amazing views of Washington, DC. And if you're here to explore the city, our hotel in Arlington near Georgetown is the perfect base. We're just three blocks from the Rosslyn Metro - allowing you to discover Washington, DC and Arlington, Virginia at your own pace. If you're in Washington for work, you'll appreciate our 22 meeting rooms, free Wi-Fi in the lobby, a business center and mobile check-in and check-out. Come explore at Key Bridge Marriott. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Odigeo, Marriott, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Key Bridge Marriott reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Key Bridge Marriott Hotel Arlington
- Marriott Hotel Key Bridge
- Marriott Arlington
- Arlington Marriott