I usually stay in boutique hotels, so when the wedding invitation said "Accommodations: Key Bridge Marriott", I had some doubts. For the sake of convenience I decided to just 'go with the flow' and hope for the best. My fear began to melt away, however, at check-in: all of my room preferences had been noted. The room itself was spotlessly clean. OK, it wasn't furnished with antiques, but the overall impression was very good. The view was gorgeous, and, considering the location near the highway, the room was quiet. (My room was on the 8th floor).
Now, on to the wedding. As other reviewers have noted, the top floor of the hotel provides a wrap-around view of the Washington skyline. The dinner following the wedding ceremony was superb. I don't know how the kitchen managed to crank out 150 meals at the perfect temperature. Someone was always there to fill your water glass and top off your wine. As a side note, I know the hosts of the wedding were impressed with the hotel regarding meal selection, table settings and so forth.
I was particularly impressed with the staff; everyone was friendly and helpful. Marriott must have put a lot of effort into their training. I didn't venture out while there, so see other reviews for comments on location, convenience, sight-seeing, parking, etc.
Please be advised that this glowing review represents only one night in the hotel. Due to the size of the hotel, its location and reasonable price, longer stays could expose you problems I was lucky enough not to encounter.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated just across the Potomac River from Georgetown, our hotel offers panoramic views of the sights and sounds of the nation's capital. Being a premier choice among Arlington, VA and Georgetown, DC hotels, we provide direct access to Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport as well as the corporations and government agencies of Northern Virginia saving you travel time in and out of the District. For travelers looking to take in the area's famous landmarks such as the Smithsonian Museums, Iwo Jima Memorial, Arlington National Cemetery and the National Monuments, hop on the DC Metro system at the Rosslyn Metro station, only 3 blocks from our front door. You'll find stylish surroundings inside our hotel as well. Our hotel features an open lobby with private seating nooks and complimentary wireless internet access. Our Revival Restaurant and Connexion Lounge offer an classic dishes and comfort foods with a modern interpretation. We also offer 17,000 sq ft of event space across 22 rooms including the top-floor Capital View Ballroom which seats up to 300 and offers penthouse views. Perfect for your next celebration. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Marriott, Orbitz, Tingo, Hotels.com, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Key Bridge Marriott reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Key Bridge Marriott Hotel Arlington
- Marriott Hotel Key Bridge
- Marriott Arlington
- Arlington Marriott