Had a chance to stay at Key Bridge Marriott another time since last review and wanted to leave some tips for business travelers. As discussed last time, this is among the worst physical plants in the Marriott system and the staff, which is very good, is challenged to make up for Marriott's failure to modernize the property.
As for rooms, you should insist on a room near the main elevators in the original part of the property. These rooms are just as old and non-renovated, but they don't have the pool smell or humidity of the rooms in the extended part of the property. They are also more convenient. So convenience and the AC works - insist on them. Also, the Internet works better in these rooms. I was in a x97 at the other end of the building and Internet was terrible.
Other notes: gym is ok - it's a little crowded and dated, but can't complain. As noted, tourist groups get very low rates here so you'll be paying double them if you stay on a business rate.
Staff is lovely - bless them. Have no idea why the corporate parent leaves this as such a eye sore. They do their best to make up for it
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated just across the Potomac River from Georgetown, our hotel offers panoramic views of the sights and sounds of the nation's capital. Being a premier choice among Arlington, VA and Georgetown, DC hotels, we provide direct access to Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport as well as the corporations and government agencies of Northern Virginia saving you travel time in and out of the District. For travelers looking to take in the area's famous landmarks such as the Smithsonian Museums, Iwo Jima Memorial, Arlington National Cemetery and the National Monuments, hop on the DC Metro system at the Rosslyn Metro station, only 3 blocks from our front door. You'll find stylish surroundings inside our hotel as well. Our hotel features an open lobby with private seating nooks and complimentary wireless internet access. Our Revival Restaurant and Connexion Lounge offer an classic dishes and comfort foods with a modern interpretation. We also offer 17,000 sq ft of event space across 22 rooms including the top-floor Capital View Ballroom which seats up to 300 and offers penthouse views. Perfect for your next celebration. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Key Bridge Marriott reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Key Bridge Marriott Hotel Arlington
- Marriott Hotel Key Bridge
- Marriott Arlington
- Arlington Marriott