“Dont' judge a book by its cover...” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 15% off
Ranked #36 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Detroit, Michigan
“Dont' judge a book by its cover...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

When I saw the exterior of the hotel, I was not impressed because it seemed old. However, When we came into the lobby, the interior was updated and stylish. The staff was very professional and attended to our check-in very promptly. This was important because I was checking in several individuals traveling in a group. They handled it with ease. We ate in their lounge area one evening, and the food was a bit expensive, but not higher than you would expect in this location. The staff, again, was courteous, attentive and prompt. The BEST things about this hotel are it's location (a quick walk across the bridge to Georgetown!) the beds (soooo soft and comfortable!) and the staff (very professional). I would stay here again without question.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel last night and I have to say the room was very nice. Very clean and nicely setup. The bathroom was clean, but looked like it was from the 80's. some paint was chipping and would not be suitable for anyone over 6 feet 2 inches. I am six feet tall and the shower head was at my chin. But overall this is a great hotel and nice spot to be in the city. I would return to this hotel again and enjoy their great hospitality.

• Stayed May 2013
New York, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I had always wanted to stay at this hotel since it was the flagship of the brand and since I now live out of town, I had the chance.
The front staff and everyone there was outstanding. They made our one night stay great. The room was very well appointed. The only thing that would have made it better was free Wi Fi.

Room Tip: Buy a metro card for double the amount you think you will need, its very confusing to out of towners...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Huntingtown, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

I stayed her in May 2013 and thought it was a wonderful hotel. I'm not sure what people are saying about the rooms being small....mine was a good size. I didn't have a great view ( only the pool, which wasn't opened yet) but the room was a nice size, clean and the bed was WONDERFUL!! The staff is very helpful and friendly. It's a great location. I was here for a conference, so I didn't pay for my room. The food at the conference was great too. I have nothing but good things to say about the hotel. Would be nice if wi-fi was included in the room price, but you can't have everything!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

I've stayed in the Key Bridge Marriott countless times as a regular business traveller to the DC area. I've stayed in other hotels in Arlington, and within its price range the Marriott probably offers the best value.

Location: You can walk to the Metro station in about 5 minutes, although the route first time round isn't obvious (you can go by street level, or via some rather data concrete walkways over the roads). There are ALWAYS taxis waiting in the hotel parking lot, which makes the dash to the airport a little less stressful. The Marriott is also very close to a bus stop for a service called the Circulator that'll take you into Georgetown or the rest of DC quickly and for $1 (dirt cheap). If you are driving, there is a big parking lot and very easy access to the major routes into DC and out into Virginia. There are not a ton of good restaurants in the immediate vicinity, but within a 15-20 minute walk or a short drive there are plenty of good places in Arlington (Courthouse, Clarendon) and Georgetown.

Service: The front desk and concierge are perfectly helpful, but I reserve special praise for the staff at the hotel bar. Excellent, friendly service and they ALWAYS remember me and say hello -- even if there has been a 6-month gap between visits. The food is reasonable and they have wine specials, a good beer range, and plenty of free bar snacks (which keeps me going as I work in the bar using the free wifi -- my one grumble is that there's no free wifi in the rooms). I have heard that the restaurant is great but I usually work too late to test it for myself. The bar is almost always busy, as the hotel regularly hosts conferences and coach parties, and that gives it a nice atmosphere.

Accommodation: this is the very first, original Marriott and you can tell from the architecture. It's not a pretty hotel. The interior has had a full renovation reasonably recently but it's still got a slightly 80s/90s feel to it. The rooms are large and perfectly adequate, but not appointed to the highest levels of luxury. Functional and serviceable, I'd say. The daily room service is excellent and again, the staff are friendly and welcoming. If you'd like a view, then ask for a room on the Georgetown or river side, and get a higher floor. A city-side room means you're looking at Arlington, which isn't saying much.

Exercise facilities: there is a pool that I've never used but it is popular and a decent size. The gym facilities are crammed into a series of rooms in the basement -- it's not perfect, but it works. If it's busy you might face a wait to use the machine or weights of your choice, but it's rarely been busy when I've visited.

Other: there is a small shop which will sell you all those little things you sometimes forget when travelling, as well as newspapers, magazines, drinks / snacks, postcards, gifts / souvenirs, and the Starbucks coffee of your choice.

Overall: I have a soft spot for this hotel as it's a borderline second home for me, and that takes it from a review of 3 to a 4. It'll do the job for a tourist wanting to see DC, or anyone doing business in NW DC or Arlington. It won't blow your socks off, but it won't suck either.

Room Tip: Choose a Georgetown side room on a higher floor.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Lititz, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

This was a wonderful, rest-filled weekend..... The room was very nice & comfortable. The bedding felt like heaven! Nice hangers, but never enough. Coffee machine, but no small fridge :(.
The breakfast buffet was $16.95, however, was not 'my cup of tea'. I am not agreeable to spending that much on my least favorite meal.....breakfast. The STARBUCKS in the Lobby offers a coffee, danish, begal, etc. a la carte breakfast & with tables & chairs in the reception area so it is easy to find a quiet spot. The coffee girls were a welcome sight .....
The work rm. with computers was helpful & we also used the receptionist up front to get our confirmed flight info copied. She was very helpful. Cheery & well-informed!
The pool is on the main floor - indoor & outdoor, but the weekend was chilly, & we didn't use it.
Taxi's are ever ready at the main door, but parking is a tight squeeze out front when available.
Easy walking access to Georgetown shoppes across the Key Bridge.
Have a wonderful time at this landmark - I stayed here in the 60's when it was just a little motel - 4 stories - close to my college for friends & family. It is alot bigger now & so is the traffic!!!

Room Tip: Be sure to see the view from the 14th floor. Wow! There had been a wedding on the clear night so i...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Minneapolis, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

The Key Bridge Marriott hotel in Arlington is located within walking distance of the metro rail system and has good, basic rooms. We had a large family event and the large conference/ball rooms - located in the higher floors of the hotel - afforded beautiful views of the city and the river. Unfortunately, I checked out and left a few personal items in the dresser drawer.

Within two hours of checkout, I placed two calls to the front desk and left two voicemail messages with the housekeeping staff to describe the items that were left behind. All four calls to the Key Bridge Marriott went unanswered. After sending an email to the main Marriott Hotel Customer support address with detail that included a clear description of the women's items left behind, room, location of the items and date, I received a very prompt reply indicating the Key Bridge Marriott had been forwarded my message. Whoever answers that email box should be commended for great service.

The Key Bridge Marriott responded and sent an email indicating my described items were found and would be mailed to my home free of charge. To my great surprise, I received a bag of smelly, dirty men's gym clothes --including 'a special undergarment' worn by athletes. Oh dear....

These are not women's items and do not belong to me. After another email to the main Marriott Customer support email box (great service!), the Key Bridge Marriott later responded and confirmed that none of my items were to be found.

Beware of the free bag of smelly gym clothes when you stay at the Key Bridge Marriott. While there is value in the hotel and location, the value is lost when my calls go unanswered and my personal items are 'lost'. I do not plan to return to the Key Bridge Marriott and I hope that the hotel management retrains its staff on best customer service practices.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on an upper floor with a view of the river
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Key Bridge Marriott? Share your experiences!