“Great location, friendly staff” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Hot Summer Deal: 25% Off
Ranked #36 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Harlow, United Kingdom
“Great location, friendly staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Having travelled accross several states we found this hotel expensive, but accommodation is in DC. The staff were extremely friendly from the start. We asked for a room with a view and we got just that with a super view over the river and Georgetown.

The room was clean and furnishings reasonably up-to-date with a goodsize flatscreen TV, not that we watched a lot as we found American TV so stuffed full of advertising, programmes got lost in the fog.

The location of the hotel is it's big bonuis, just 5 minutes walk from Rosslyn Metro which quickly takes you into the heart of the capital.

Parking is $19 and there is a charge for in-room wifi which given the cost of the hotel is very mean. There is free wifi in the lounge and there were a lot of takers for this. All other hotels we had used on our trip offered free in-room wifi, and a lot of good will goes with this. Also note unless you are on a special deal this hotel is room only.

Room Tip: Ask nicely for a view and see what you get.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

The location is the reason this place gets a 4. The hotel itself is probably more a 3 or so,but hey, you have to take all factors into consideration. I'm not sure how many hotels are better positioned in the DC area. Surely, there is no hotel better positioned between Georgetown and a Metro stop (Rosslyn). It's literally a 4-5 minute walk to metro stop and 10-12 minutes across the Key Bridge to Georgetown. Once you walk across you are right on M Street where lots of good places are.

The staff are friendly, particularly Juan @ Connexion's. He's a really nice bartender. I was impressed with him because he held his ground very professionally when last call was finished and someone tried to offer him money under the table to give him more liquor multiple times.

The rooms themselves are oh kay. The bed is the highlight of the room and of the inside of the hotel. It's awesome! The room is quite small and the bathrooms could be a bit more updated. I was a bit surprised as a Gold Marriott member I received such a small room with a bad view. However if you are a Gold member, you will receive passes to goto the breakfast buffet downstairs on weekends- it is very good and the staff there are awesome! The Club Lounge staff was often a bit surly and the offerings a bit meager in comparison to many Lounges at other properties. The downstairs (lobby) area is also very nice. The gym is a bit disjointed between two different areas near the pool/hot tub, but it has lots of equipment. The hot tub is AWESOME!!

This is definitely a place to stay in the area. It is definitely worth considering in the area. If you're a tourist, you will find few other places where you can have such great access to Georgetown near the train. Plus, the fares into DC are really low from this location because it is LITERALLY on the DC line. While this is not the most luxurious Marriott, it is surely not that bad at all. I'm a fan.

Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a business trip and as a loyal elite customer of Marriott I was very disappointed in this hotel. When I checked in I was not offered an upgrade. When I got to my room, the room was not thoroughly cleaned. There was still trash in the trash can and the linens were soiled.
There were a lot of kids around doing what children do, running around, playing in the lobby and making a bunch of noise. Plus I could hear noise from the airport. The only positive thing I can say is that this hotel is in a good location. But I will not stay here again, there are just way too many better choices.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Boston, MA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Just returned from 4 night DC family vacay...the pros? Proximity to Rosslyn Metro, Georgetown...it is in a clean area with no worries, the staff was great especially in the overpriced restaurant. Rooms are adequate..somewhat tight and dated...but quiet, clean..and how much time did we spend in them? not much.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Reading, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

My friends and I attend the Legg Mason Tennis Classic in Washington, DC, almost every summer, and when we go we stay at the Key Bridge Marriott in Arlington. Of all the times we've stayed here, I've never had anything less than a great experience. The staff is always nice and helpful. The rooms are clean and have great views. The bar area (which we end up eating lunch and dinner in almost every day) is delicious and a great atomosphere. I have recommended this hotel to other friends and will continue to do so. I always look forward to staying here!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Charlotte, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

My husband and I wanted to spend a long weekend in the DC area celebrating our 7th wedding anniversary. I searched and searched for "the right" hotel for this weekend. As a loyal Marriott Gold Elite member, I knew it would be a Marriott property, but couldn't decide if I wanted to spend big bucks to be right in the heart of the city or to go with "the deal" I had found at the Key Bridge Marriott. I was a little worried reading some of the reviews about it being a "bus tour hotel" but went with it. So glad we did! We were upgraded to a King Executive Suite on the 7th floor that had views of both the monuments of DC (the Washington monument) and Georgetown, including the National Cathedral. In fact, two sides of the room were floor to ceiling glass and it felt like we were perched out over the building. Sitting on the very comfortable king bed and looking out the windows was almost a magical experience. It was hard to close the shades at night! The food at the hotel restaurant was great, and the buffet breakfast was free to us as Gold members (when the concierge lounge wasn't open). Even the bar food was good. There were groups of kids in the lobby and restaurant at times but we did not hear one bit of noise in our 4 day stay. This hotel is a short walk to the Rosslyn Metro station, making trips to the Smithsonian museums, the mall, and cherry blossoms (around the Tidal Basin) easy to get to on either the orange or blue lines. It is also a very nice walk over the bridge to Georgetown to shop, walk, and sit outside and people watch. Parking is $19 a day but that is half what it was downtown. I am soooo happy we stayed here...it was a perfect anniversary getaway and I would definitely stay here again. But, I want room 757 again!!!

Room Tip: Definitely see if you can get a corner room in the main tower (I believe it's the Capitol tower...
ny
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Hotel is very convenient to Metro into DC and for walking into Georgetown. Staff is nice, helpful. The rooms(at least where we stayed) were small but comfortable. Bed and pillows we good and allowed us a good night sleep. Room was quite. Bathroom was very small but had a great shower and fluffy towels. Everything was clean and tidy.
Our room came with breakfast at the restaurant in the lobby. The breakfast was very good and fresh with an omelet/waffle station and plenty of selections at the buffet. The service was terrible-very slow and not attentive at all. It was really the only problem with the hotel.
Beware, parking is $19 a day.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Key Bridge Marriott? Share your experiences!