The location is the reason this place gets a 4. The hotel itself is probably more a 3 or so,but hey, you have to take all factors into consideration. I'm not sure how many hotels are better positioned in the DC area. Surely, there is no hotel better positioned between Georgetown and a Metro stop (Rosslyn). It's literally a 4-5 minute walk to metro stop and 10-12 minutes across the Key Bridge to Georgetown. Once you walk across you are right on M Street where lots of good places are.
The staff are friendly, particularly Juan @ Connexion's. He's a really nice bartender. I was impressed with him because he held his ground very professionally when last call was finished and someone tried to offer him money under the table to give him more liquor multiple times.
The rooms themselves are oh kay. The bed is the highlight of the room and of the inside of the hotel. It's awesome! The room is quite small and the bathrooms could be a bit more updated. I was a bit surprised as a Gold Marriott member I received such a small room with a bad view. However if you are a Gold member, you will receive passes to goto the breakfast buffet downstairs on weekends- it is very good and the staff there are awesome! The Club Lounge staff was often a bit surly and the offerings a bit meager in comparison to many Lounges at other properties. The downstairs (lobby) area is also very nice. The gym is a bit disjointed between two different areas near the pool/hot tub, but it has lots of equipment. The hot tub is AWESOME!!
This is definitely a place to stay in the area. It is definitely worth considering in the area. If you're a tourist, you will find few other places where you can have such great access to Georgetown near the train. Plus, the fares into DC are really low from this location because it is LITERALLY on the DC line. While this is not the most luxurious Marriott, it is surely not that bad at all. I'm a fan.
- Also Known As:
- Key Bridge Marriott Hotel Arlington
- Key Bridge Marriott Hotel
- Marriott Hotel Key Bridge
- Marriott Arlington
- Arlington Marriott
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated just across the Potomac River from Georgetown, our hotel offers panoramic views of the sights and sounds of the nation's capital. Being a premier choice among Arlington, VA and Georgetown, DC hotels, we provide direct access to Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport as well as the corporations and government agencies of Northern Virginia saving you travel time in and out of the District. For travelers looking to take in the area's famous landmarks such as the Smithsonian Museums, Iwo Jima Memorial, Arlington National Cemetery and the National Monuments, hop on the DC Metro system at the Rosslyn Metro station, only 3 blocks from our front door. You'll find stylish surroundings inside our hotel as well. Our hotel features an open lobby with private seating nooks and complimentary wireless internet access. Our Revival Restaurant and Connexion Lounge offer an classic dishes and comfort foods with a modern interpretation. We also offer 17,000 sq ft of event space across 22 rooms including the top-floor Capital View Ballroom which seats up to 300 and offers penthouse views. Perfect for your next celebration. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Marriott, Travelocity, Orbitz, Tingo, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Key Bridge Marriott reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.