First of all, please note that I have 45 reviews on tripadvisor, and that many of the one-star reviews are by people who have only written one review on this Marriott. With that said, here is my review:
I saw NOTHING that needed repair or looked "aging", in fact, everything looked lovely, both in the lobby, bar area, restaurant, reception, our room and the exterior of the hotel! In fact, we had 3 sets of friends come to see us at the hotel, and they all commented on how it was such a great looking hotel. The lobby is a great place to hang out, the furniture is clean and comfortable; our room was perfect, nicely furnished and loved the black out curtains, which allowed us to sleep-in a bit, and we had a fabulous view of Georgetown and the Potomac River. I would say that the heater in room 796 needs some work as it would kick on for 5 minutes then shut down for 1 or 2 minutes, which was REALLY annoying after a while, and I only had it set at 68 deg. The bathroom was very clean and it had a fabulous shower.
If you're visiting Georgetown or have a child at the university, this the a perfect location. If you're in town to do the "tourist thing" then I would still recommend this hotel. It's practically next door to the Rosslyn underground station and next to the Circulator and Metro bus stops. We walked to the monuments from here, but it is probably too far for most people.
I have no complaints about the amenities, except that Marriott could make it better by offering free in-room wi-fi to at least all Marriott Rewards members (there is free wi-fi in the lobby.) There was a pool, which we didn't have time to use; and although it's not offered by Marriott, I loved that the GUTS bus stops here. As for having to go "all the way to the lobby" to deposit one's valuables in a safe, all I can say is that is truly a first world problem! They offer the deposit boxes as a free service, and they had one big enough to fit my MacBookPro. I'm happy with the fact that there was any place that I could safely store my valuables, and wasn't stressed about having to carry a key, as it's something I do every single day of my life. Think I've made my point here. :)
I can honestly say, this was one of the best customer service oriented hotels I've been to. Everyone I dealt with was more than helpful, from the person who took my request to have a room overlooking Georgetown University to the valet who was so helpful with our luggage, I would give them 5 stars! My request was fulfilled and we got our room with the view. The people at the front desk were all friendly and helpful, just a great place to stay, and I will definitely be back, due to this experience. Even the concierge jumped up from her desk when she saw me waiting for someone at the front desk, even though I was already being helped.
I can't really comment on this because we didn't eat here, but a friend who was picking us up ate a crabcake and said it was the worst one he'd ever had, so I wouldn't recommend the crabcakes!
I paid $99/night which was a great deal for this area/time. All my friends who came to the hotel commented on how it was such a good deal for how nice the hotel looked.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience Washington, DC in a brilliant new way at the Key Bridge Marriott. Located just across the river from Georgetown in Arlington, VA, our hotel offers easy access to the Nation's Capital, as well as to many vibrant Northern Virginia neighborhoods. Guest rooms and suites boast perks like pillowtop mattresses and enhanced high-speed Internet access. Some of our rooms also offer sweeping panoramic views of nearby Georgetown. If you're in Washington for work, you'll appreciate our 22 meeting rooms, free Wi-Fi in the lobby, and a modern business center. Weddings and events at our hotel are unforgettable, thanks to venues like the top-floor Capital View Ballroom, which provides breathtaking views of Washington, DC. And if you're here to explore the city, our hotel is the perfect base. We're just three blocks from the Rosslyn Metro - allowing you to discover Washington, DC and Arlington, Virginia at your own pace. We look forward to welcoming you to the Key Bridge Marriott. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Marriott, Despegar.com, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Key Bridge Marriott reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Key Bridge Marriott Hotel Arlington
- Marriott Hotel Key Bridge
- Marriott Arlington
- Arlington Marriott