“Don't know why there are so many bad reviews! Something seems fishy!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Key Bridge Marriott

Special Offer
Georgetown Univ. Package
Ranked #35 of 48 hotels in Arlington
Los Angeles, California
“Don't know why there are so many bad reviews! Something seems fishy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

First of all, please note that I have 45 reviews on tripadvisor, and that many of the one-star reviews are by people who have only written one review on this Marriott. With that said, here is my review:

BUILDING/FACILITY

I saw NOTHING that needed repair or looked "aging", in fact, everything looked lovely, both in the lobby, bar area, restaurant, reception, our room and the exterior of the hotel! In fact, we had 3 sets of friends come to see us at the hotel, and they all commented on how it was such a great looking hotel. The lobby is a great place to hang out, the furniture is clean and comfortable; our room was perfect, nicely furnished and loved the black out curtains, which allowed us to sleep-in a bit, and we had a fabulous view of Georgetown and the Potomac River. I would say that the heater in room 796 needs some work as it would kick on for 5 minutes then shut down for 1 or 2 minutes, which was REALLY annoying after a while, and I only had it set at 68 deg. The bathroom was very clean and it had a fabulous shower.

LOCATION

If you're visiting Georgetown or have a child at the university, this the a perfect location. If you're in town to do the "tourist thing" then I would still recommend this hotel. It's practically next door to the Rosslyn underground station and next to the Circulator and Metro bus stops. We walked to the monuments from here, but it is probably too far for most people.

AMENITIES

I have no complaints about the amenities, except that Marriott could make it better by offering free in-room wi-fi to at least all Marriott Rewards members (there is free wi-fi in the lobby.) There was a pool, which we didn't have time to use; and although it's not offered by Marriott, I loved that the GUTS bus stops here. As for having to go "all the way to the lobby" to deposit one's valuables in a safe, all I can say is that is truly a first world problem! They offer the deposit boxes as a free service, and they had one big enough to fit my MacBookPro. I'm happy with the fact that there was any place that I could safely store my valuables, and wasn't stressed about having to carry a key, as it's something I do every single day of my life. Think I've made my point here. :)

CUSTOMER SERVICE

I can honestly say, this was one of the best customer service oriented hotels I've been to. Everyone I dealt with was more than helpful, from the person who took my request to have a room overlooking Georgetown University to the valet who was so helpful with our luggage, I would give them 5 stars! My request was fulfilled and we got our room with the view. The people at the front desk were all friendly and helpful, just a great place to stay, and I will definitely be back, due to this experience. Even the concierge jumped up from her desk when she saw me waiting for someone at the front desk, even though I was already being helped.

FOOD

I can't really comment on this because we didn't eat here, but a friend who was picking us up ate a crabcake and said it was the worst one he'd ever had, so I wouldn't recommend the crabcakes!

VALUE

I paid $99/night which was a great deal for this area/time. All my friends who came to the hotel commented on how it was such a good deal for how nice the hotel looked.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the river have lovely views.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

555 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Kettering
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

The location is great for access to Georgetown University. It is also a couple of blocks from the DC Metro station for access to DC. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The room while not overly large but was not cramped. Everything in the hotel was clean and well maintained. Internet access is free in the lobby but expensive in your room. There is a restaurant for breakfast but it is not reasonably priced. The bar/lounge was nice for an evening beer or a small meal. Parking in most large cities is extra and is no exception here. Prices are highly volatile depending on the local events. The range can be more than 100% variance.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Small room, terrible service, not family oriented. Not to mention no safe in the room, we had to go all the way downstairs to the reception area to put our electronics and cash in a safe, not to mention a $250 fee if you were to loose the key-- stressful, especially since there is no mini bar in the doll size room. Are you kidding, no mini fridge to put a bottle of baby milk if you had an infant or young child, which we did. As for room service, mac an cheese, and soggy french fries took two hours before arriving, after two phone calls. Yes, they didn't charge us for it but after all it was uneatable. As for the pool, the heated pool, cold as ice. Service was poor all around. The best thing about this hotel, if I had to mention one is ummmm.....don't have one.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Hong Kong, China
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

We are a family of 6 plus 1 kid and we booked 3 rooms, requested king beds, same floor if possible. One of us were given a handicapped room. We don't really mind as it is more spacious for obvious reason. But we thought it should be a general hotel standard to inform their guests if they assigned such a room type for guests who don't need this. In general, rooms are very tired. But an old hotel doesn't need to be badly maintained. And one can tell the differences. Linen smell heavy chlorine, paintings were slanted on the wall. Carpet is filthy, all lamp shades were slanted, dust can be easily seen on the bedside table under the light.... There were just not enough 'care' to live up to the Brand's reputation.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Owls Head, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Hotel is a great location when staying in DC. We took the metro from Reagan Airport to the station close to hotel, just a short walk. Price was very fair, clean rooms , beds very comfortable. They do have a small café in the hotel for a light breakfast. The staff was very helpful.
Hotel is a short walk across the bridge to Georgetown which was fun to explore.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

DON'T STAY HERE! You will hear everything! There was wedding on the 14th floor and could clearly hear the music in my room on the 8th floor! When I called the front desk, they said it will continue until midnight and there was nothing they can do!

• Stayed March 2013
Brasilia, DF
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

The hotel is near Rosslyn metro station and close to Georgtown. Just across the bridge. Rooms are spacious and confortable, specilly the bed. There is a restaurant and a a bar that also serves light food.Service is nice

Room Tip: Prefer rooms from the second fllor up.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Key Bridge Marriott? Share your experiences!