I am a Platinum Marriott member and generally stay at Marriott properties about 100 nights a year. I am especially impressed with the Chaim's treatment of its most loyal guests.
OK- so I see many positive reviews for this hotel and to be honest am baffled. I do think the hotel is a good value for the groups that pay about $99 a night to stay here. That's a big part of the guest profile and possibly the source of many of the better reviews.
As a business traveler I want to be perfectly honest. This hotel is DESPERATELY in need of refurbishing. The lobby and bar area were recently refurbished and look good. BUT the rooms look like they were last done circa 1980 - they are old and often pretty dirty. The hot just recently at least put LCD TVs in the rooms (it was old school until like a year ago!). But nothing else has been done to refresh rooms whatsoever.
Some particular negatives:
(1) as mentioned in other reviews, forget WIFI in rooms. The service is so slow as to be unusable. Your lucky if you can pull up mail, and don't count on it if there is an attachment. This is not acceptable for a business hotel.
(2) the AC/heating is circa 1960. The hotel hasn't updated its utilities so you'll probably be very hot or cold.
(3) the pool area also really needs a refresh. As does the gym and fitness area. There is some new elliptical machines they put in on the lower level, but they really need to refurbish this area desperately.
Some good things - the staff is very hard working and tries their best to make up for the poor physical plant. I really feel for them. It just seems Marriott has decided to make this a tour group hotel and not worry too much about modernizing.
To conclude, this is worth looking at for tourists getting a real good special rate due to location. Business travelers should look to one of the many other Marriott properties in the area. Even the courtyard in Rosslyn is a much better experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated just across the Potomac River from Georgetown, our hotel offers panoramic views of the sights and sounds of the nation's capital. Being a premier choice among Arlington, VA and Georgetown, DC hotels, we provide direct access to Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport as well as the corporations and government agencies of Northern Virginia saving you travel time in and out of the District. For travelers looking to take in the area's famous landmarks such as the Smithsonian Museums, Iwo Jima Memorial, Arlington National Cemetery and the National Monuments, hop on the DC Metro system at the Rosslyn Metro station, only 3 blocks from our front door. You'll find stylish surroundings inside our hotel as well. Our hotel features an open lobby with private seating nooks and complimentary wireless internet access. Our Revival Restaurant and Connexion Lounge offer an classic dishes and comfort foods with a modern interpretation. We also offer 17,000 sq ft of event space across 22 rooms including the top-floor Capital View Ballroom which seats up to 300 and offers penthouse views. Perfect for your next celebration. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Key Bridge Marriott reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Key Bridge Marriott Hotel Arlington
- Marriott Hotel Key Bridge
- Marriott Arlington
- Arlington Marriott