“Old and bruised,but still delivers!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
SAVE 25% THRU SEPT
Ranked #36 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Naples, Florida
“Old and bruised,but still delivers!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

One of Marriott's oldest properties. Bricks and mortar are original but interior has been updated. What building lacks in physical amenities it makes up for in service. Staff very attentive and focused on enhancing customer experience. Room service menu is inventive and service quick. If you're lucky enough to rate access to concierge lounge you'll find hearty and complete breakfast offerings - muffins, croissants, assorted fruits and fresh juices, cereals, eggs, sausages, etc. Evening service also good with potatoes, vegetables, cheeses, salads, and hot meats. Did I mention dessert? Other top notch hotel properties in region, but this one is centrally located, with great room views, close to metro, and minutes from Georgetown.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
The Woodlands, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

We have stayed here before and will again. It has great views, convient to most things in DC and the area by car or metro and you can walk to Georgetown.

Recommend a room with a city view on floor six or higher, floor to ceiling windows give a great panorama.

While the building is showing its age the rooms have been updated and are clean and comfortable. The service, as in almost every Marriott, is pleasant and helpful. Workout facilities are tight but the pool is good and the hot tub has the strongest jets I have ever found.

The hotel like many Marriott's still uses heavy duvets and to be comfortable you need to drop the room temperature to 65 degrees to be comfortable under it. Wastes a lot of electricity and increases their cost.

The Concierge service for elite Marriott members is some of the best around. Breakfast includes the usual stuff but things liked smoked salmon with all the trimmings. You don't need to eat dinner out either if you are rushed or want to save money.

And remember this is the place where "Deepthroat" gave Woodward and Bernstein the scoop on what Nixon was doing. Took place in the garage.

Room Tip: Ask for floor six or higher and a city view.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

Room was really nice, clean with a comfy bed.
Had a nice gym... it needed an update but good for what it was, nice pool!

Restaurant was nice... Except in the morning when we put our name down for breakfast and no one EVER called us over to eat... So went out.
Didn't think the customer service was any good, staff not chatty or polite!!

There was a massive party above us one night... And when I told staff about it in the morning, I was told I "should have expected it as it was a Friday night" ..... Well thanks for that!! Forgot I was in a budget hotel.... No wait, this is a Marriott!!

Oh well at least the tour bus parked outside in the morning!! However I think that was just luck as think that morning there was an issue n board... But worked out in my favour!

View was nice from my room but I wont be coming back!

• Stayed May 2012
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

This hotel was nice, the beds were comfortable, the rooms were clean, and the staff was very friendly. Only two complaints I can think of are 1) I swear I "reserved" a king room on Hotels.com, but the hotel said it was only considered a "request", so I didn't get a king as the hotel was sold out. 2) The drinks in the hotel lounge were very expensive.

If you want wifi in the room, it's an extra cost, something I am not used to at Marriott. The internet in the lobby and bar is free albeit a little slow - too slow to facetime with the kid back home.

As for the location, it's very close to the metro, which get's you pretty much anywhere in 15-20 minutes, and walking distance to Georgetown (10 min walk).

Room Tip: Not sure if they have view rooms, but I was on one near the main drag/highway, and it was still very...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Newark, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Sometimes, when I use online bidding for a room (think William Shatner), the hotel sort of looks down on my and my paltry reservation and shuffles me off to an out-of-the-way room. Not this place! In the three days we were there, I could see that they had four wedding parties, 5 (I think) different tour groups, a Bucknell convention and Veteran's Day guests. This could have been a real recipe for chaos and staff stress. Instead, the staff were wonderful, our room was very clean and quiet, and I was delighted with the location. Close to all the events we wanted to attend and the parking fee for the garage wasn't outrageous. $19/day in Arlington is good, trust me.

I had a few questions, and the front staff never, ever, seemed to be "too busy." Everyone made eye contact - from housekeeping to the groundspeople. We had dinner delivered the first night and the doorman made sure to keep an eye on us as I was forking over my money.

I wish "Bill Shatner" could send me here every year!

The only place this didn't extend to was the hotel restaurant. I think the crowds overwhelmed the staff, so service was sloe. Not unfriendly - just slow. I suggest the breakfast buffet if you spy a crowd. It has a grill and you can get omelettes, or eggs to order. Plus a GREAT bagel bar!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Leawood, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Stayed here because of location. I am a silver card holder for Marriott rewards, and I asked for a high floor quiet room. i was given a low floor room overlooking a highway.After complaining, I was given a higher floor room, but still noisy. The room was also the smallest i have ever had--was about 10X10 feet. I also thought that it was strange that I was called by housekeeping at 11:15 AM and asked if I wanted my room cleaned. The room's proximity to the elevators is terrible. The public areas of this hotel are dim and uninviting.

Room Tip: Would ask for a high floor river facing room.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Quincy, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I stayed here for the Marine Corps Marathon so I chose it because of the proximity to the start and finish line. The hotel is a really quick walk to the Metro. Its an older property that has been recently updated. The rooms are kind of modern but are definitely on the small side, the bathroom is very tiny. Overall I thought the property was just run of the mill. The service definitely left something to be desired. Even though I had requested adjoining rooms, they weren't able to accommodate us at check in. Any questions we asked at the front desk seemed to be a big hassle for the staff to answer. My biggest problem was that after cleaning my room the maid left my room door open! After I had been gone all day, I returned back to my room to find that dead bolt thrown keeping my door open. When I alerted the front desk, they said well if nothing was stolen then really there is no harm done right? That was not exactly the type of response I was looking for.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Key Bridge Marriott? Share your experiences!