“All-round a very good stay” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 25% off
Ranked #36 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Matthews, North Carolina
“All-round a very good stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

We had a variety of experiences here from excellent to not so great but we would happily stay here again if the price was reasonable. Our check in by Michael was superb, he was very professional, patient and accomodating. The doorman was kind to show us the way to the metro but it was NOT the best way (via the ped overpass) and we were risking life and limb with our little kids crossing some of the intersections. The bar was nice was VERY OVERPRICED, our 2 glasses of house red cost us $26. Overall we were happy with our location, the staff, our room, and the price.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012 via mobile

Very friendly and helpful staff
We were able to check in earlier
Concierge was very helpful
Room very nice and clean, had an issue with low air conditioning - it was resolved within half hour! Thank you!
Very close to foggy bottom and metro
Would stay here again!

• Stayed August 2012
St. Louis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

This hotel is in the middle of an octopus of converging highways and I got completely turned around trying to leave. The hotel itself is fine and the rooms are clean and well appointed. I would probably look for something in a better location next time I'm in Arlington. My children did enjoy the indoor/outdoor pool.

philadelphia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

We did not want to drive in Washington DC so we looked for a hotel near a subway stop. This hotel was about a 2 block walk to the Rosslyn stop where we could access both the blue and the orange lines. We left our car for three days at the hotel at a much less expensive rate than downtown Washington hotels yet we were close enough. We asked to leave our car there in the garage for a few hours after we checked out, and they were very accommodating. Access to Washington Mall sites was very easy, as was the zoo using the Metro. The Metro was easy to figure out for neophytes. We had a room overlooking the river and Georgetown and it was very pretty. The public areas of the hotel were nice as was the bar and the restaurants. The only downside were large tour groups that seemed to inhabit the hotel during the weekend we were there, they were not easy to get around.

Room Tip: higher rooms have much better views
Berkeley
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

From a tourist point of view, the hotel is in the middle of nowhere. I was there b/c of a business meeting. Ask (and maybe you will get it) a room in ArlingtonTower with windows on the outdoor pool; otherwise the noise from Lee Hwy is bad. Still the hotel is on the flying path to DCA so expect early morning and late evening flights overhead. Coffee/tea in the room; internet $12/day but no wi-fi; no HD TV, no fridge or minibar. Check-in staff unresponsive to small requests. Bathrooms are small just with bare amenities (no magnifying mirror, dressing gown)

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Virginia Beach, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Very clean and excellent location near metro and Georgetown. Nice pool area. However, there is no free wi-fi in the rooms, and breakfast and parking were not included in the price, which was expensive. Would have rated excellent if wi-fi, parking, and breakfast were included.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of either DC or Georgetown. Also ask for a room where the AC is not too...
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I flew to DC from Scotland for a funeral at Arlington Cemetery. I was distraught and upset as my friend had been killed in Afghanistan while serving in the US Marine Corps. If anything could make me feel better at this time, it was the way I was treated at this hotel. No one knew the reason I was there as I did not care to share...but I guess it's their way to give every guest VIP service and for this reason, I highly recommend this hotel. I used the pool to relax and think about things and was impressed that they had 2 lifeguards on duty - one for the outside pool and the inside. Each day at breakfast (get it included with your room as it's AMAZING) I had excellent service. And, let me tell you about my mattress - it has been a very long time since I've been able to sleep the night through in a hotel. The mattress and bedding was fantastic and so comfortable.

I did have a day or so to get out and about before returning to Scotland. The metro was easy to reach and a short distance away. I actually really liked the little community of Rosyln. It had a nice air about it.

To sum up, although the purpose of my trip was a very sad one indeed, the experience I had at the Marriott made it more than bearable. I left knowing that I would one day come back to this hotel as they made a wonderful impression on me.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Been to Key Bridge Marriott? Share your experiences!