“Key Bridge Marriott” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #36 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Paris, France
“Key Bridge Marriott”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Good / Average hotel to stay in. Not the best place ever in Washington DC I guess because not at a walking distance from the places to see in DC. But convenient for travelers and close to Reagan National Airport (15 min by taxi). I arrived very late without any problem, the room would need a refresh but is still clean and OK for a quick one night stop. However, plugs were falling out from the walls and this is quite dangerous...!
Breakfast buffet is good and offers a large choice. You can also choose the breakfast menu to benefit of a much larger choice.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

The property is about a 5 minute walk to the Rosslyn Metro stop. There is also an elevated walkway thru a park which is a better alternative that playing frogger with the busy traffic around the area.

I agree that the property show its age. The concierge lounge is small and gets very busy. I try to get a room on the concierge level so that if the lounge is full, I can have my meal in my room.

The property has two gyms. The 24 hour gym is very small and feels cramped because of the amount of equipment crammed into the room. There is another gym that opens at 6 am. I did not get a chance what equipment is offered in that room.

The best and quieter rooms have a view of the Potomac River,

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Detroit, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

I try to stay at Marriotts when traveling and I found the Key Bridge Marriott to be slightly below average for the typical Marriott. I only paid $99 for the night and that was a very good deal. Had I paid much more, I would have been disappointed. It's in a good location and the staff is friendly and attentive. The lobby is nice and the rooms are Ok. But It's time the owner renovated other areas of the hotel, namely the pool area and the fitness room. Both are shabby and outdated, especially the fitness room. If you get a good deal like I did, it's definitely worth the stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012 via mobile

it's really cheap for this hotel to charge for Internet access!!! $12.99 per day for something that is expected this day in age. I have booked at various places and I never thought I had to look for this. Not having this has definitely ruined my overall experience. I may have considered have breakfast here but now I refuse to give this hotel any more money.

• Stayed August 2012
NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

Top 3.
1. Location: 10 min walk to Georgetown & 5 min walk to Metro. I always stay here for my b-trip as I enjoy the restaurants / shops nearby & jogging/ bike path is right in front of the hotel.

2. Service: They go above & beyond to accommodate your needs. Sharon Lockwood, a formal general manager, replied to my request even though she got transferred to another hotel. I normally don't get this kind of attention/service when I reach out to general managers at Hilton or Hyatt. I guess that's why I'm a Marriott Gold Member. Amy Owens also made sure that my stay was comfortable as I brought my family this time.

3. View: We stayed on Concierge Floor facing the Monument & the river. What a view! I must say this might be the best view of any hotel I've stayed at & I stayed well over 500+ nights at different hotels.

Bottom 3.
1. Price: It will cost you well over $200 a night during the weekdays, but a lot cheaper on the weekends.

2. Rooms: Concierge floor rooms were still not renovated. Not much of a difference compared to regular floor room on the size / toiletries / etc... Still a nice clean room.

3. Parking: $19 a night with in/out privileges. Cheaper than DC though.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms below 14th floor party room if they have a wedding reception. They were rocking until mi...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

As my title reads, I gave the Key Bridge Marriot the benefit of the doubt...

..it's not quite a 4, but definitely more then a 3, so if a 3.5 were applicable, I believe that would be the most appropriate score.

I stayed here during the height of when tourists stay here while visiting DC. It was very busy, but the service is efficient. I stayed here with a large group of friends, and the staff was very warm towards us.

It's just your average Marriot. Nothing special about it. The rooms have spacious bathrooms, and a nice Starbucks is located in the lobby.

The wall art/portraits in the room are refreshing; while this hotel is in very closely proximity to Washington, the art is nice pictures of Washington.

One thing that really turned me off were the fact that all rooms seemed to have a door that was adjacent to another room, so that if you open both doors, you can see other guests. Though this is nice for some parties that have rooms next to each other, we had a bunch of kids in the room next to us who were loud and always opening the door. Not to great in that sense.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
New Orleans, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012 via mobile

The reception experience was complicated by the arrival of a large tour bus just before me. The staff were courteous and after a 20 minute wait, I got my reserved room. Accommodations are good but not spacious or special (for a Marriott). The restaurant had good food and a nice wine selection. But the fitness room is outdated, cramped, and wholly inadequate. I won't stay here again for that fact alone. There are other more suitable Marriott options close by.

Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Been to Key Bridge Marriott? Share your experiences!