I am a Maryland resident who loves to take “staycations.” One of the best was my recent visit to the Key Bridge Marriott Hotel. I went for an overnight stay on the 4th of July with 3 children in tow. We took the Metro (DC/MD/VA subway system) to Rosslyn and jumped in a cab for the short ($10 with tip) ride to the hotel. Although it is advertised as 2 and ½ blocks from the station, it’s not a straight shot and no short walk on a 90+ degree day!
The hotel was fully booked due to the holiday and local electrical blackouts after a severe storm. But the staff was ready. Every person I encountered- - -from the front desk to housekeeping to the restaurant- - -was ready with pleasant, proactive service. They did not just satisfy my special requests (extra towels, carryout food from the upscale restaurant for the kids), each one asked if there was something more that they could do.
After days at home without air-conditioning with children eager for entertainment, the hotel’s indoor/outdoor pool and the opportunity to watch the national fireworks from luxurious ballroom were a wonderful treat. I love the contemporary design of the lobby and the simple yet comfortable room decor. The caring attention by the staff was icing on the cake.
This hotel is quieter than a location in DC would be but you are just across the river from every downtown delight. And the prices are competitive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated just across the Potomac River from Georgetown, our hotel offers panoramic views of the sights and sounds of the nation's capital. Being a premier choice among Arlington, VA and Georgetown, DC hotels, we provide direct access to Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport as well as the corporations and government agencies of Northern Virginia saving you travel time in and out of the District. For travelers looking to take in the area's famous landmarks such as the Smithsonian Museums, Iwo Jima Memorial, Arlington National Cemetery and the National Monuments, hop on the DC Metro system at the Rosslyn Metro station, only 3 blocks from our front door. You'll find stylish surroundings inside our hotel as well. Our hotel features an open lobby with private seating nooks and complimentary wireless internet access. Our Revival Restaurant and Connexion Lounge offer an classic dishes and comfort foods with a modern interpretation. We also offer 17,000 sq ft of event space across 22 rooms including the top-floor Capital View Ballroom which seats up to 300 and offers penthouse views. Perfect for your next celebration. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Tingo, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Venere and Otel so you can book your Key Bridge Marriott reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Key Bridge Marriott Hotel Arlington
- Marriott Hotel Key Bridge
- Marriott Arlington
- Arlington Marriott