“Best location in DC” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #36 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Best location in DC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

We stayed here for the Marine Corp Marathon. We were doing volunteer work and it was so close we could walk to everywhere we needed to be. You can even watch the marathon from your window since they run right by the hotel.

Our room included breakfast and the buffet was outstanding. Lots of fresh fruit choices, cereal, fresh breads and the best waffles. They had anything your could really want for breakfast. The second morning we ordered room service and they did a great job there also. They have a nice gift shop and Starbucks. It is right by the metro station for any trips you want to take.

The hotel was fully booked but the service was still very good, our check in went really fast.
They have an indoor/outdoor pool.

Parking was $19.00 a day but they allow you to keep you car parked after you check out if you want to continue site seeing. Try to park on the bottom floor, other wise you will have to carry your luggage down the stairs.

We will stay here again.

Room Tip: We asked for a higher floor with the DC view. We were on the tenth floor, our room did not seem date...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

Stayed here with some friends for the Marine Corps Marathon. We received very good customer service, especially considering that the hotel was at capacity that weekend. The hotel has good on-site facilities including a Starbucks that doubles as a gift shop, a restaurant/bar, etc. Our room was super clean and the beds were very comfy - the pillows were also super soft! The location is great because it is a short cab ride to Georgetown. Only drawback is that the rooms themselves are a bit dated, however, considering the price ($179/night for a double) that is a very, very minor thing in my opinion. Highly recommended!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

I chose this hotel for the Marine Corps Marathon weekend. I had read reviews here so I knew to ask for a room higher than the fourth floor so I could have a view. I would recommend asking for a view of the DC Skyline as it is spectacular. The staff handled check in very quickly. The rooms were more than adequate. Our housekeeper was awesome. There is free wifi in the lobby and plenty of seating for guests to use. Our rate included breakfast - I definitely recommend it. The buffet was excellent and the omelette chef was quite accomodating. It was convenient to the Marathon finish line and to the Rosslyn stop. The rate was better than we paid last year at another hotel and this one had a hot tub and pool (very much appreciated). It may be a bit dated, as some other reviewers pointed out, but not so much that it detracted from the stay. The only issue we had was with bad room keys and that became frustrating, but eventually it was resolved.

Room Tip: Ask for a room higher than the fourth floor so you get the newer tower. One side overlooks Georgeto...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
New Haven, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011

I stayed in room 302 and had a great experience. The hotel is clean, trendy and convenient. Im a germ freak so for me to be comfortable its pretty clean! Its about a 5 minute walk to the Roslyn Metro station or about a 10-15 minute walk over the key bridge into Georgetown. We had a AAA discount which included breakfast for 2 everyday and that was SOOOO worth it. Breakfast was amazing and included an omlette station, pancakes, bacon, fruit, cereals, juice/coffee etc etc. Also the bar area is fun and pretty busy so if you are traveling alone you can come down to socialize. Also to save yourself a $20 cab ride there is a bus station near the metro and for $6 you can take bus 5A to Dulles. Also there is a "circulator bus" that goes to major sites for $1.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

This is the second time we've stayed here and have enjoyed both times! We were here almost a week and the room was very clean, the view amazing, the beverage inside the revolving door, delicious and the staff was always very helpful. They went out of their way to make our stay pleasant and relaxing. Room service during Sunday football was great, too! We went to the bar a couple of times for a relaxing drink, but there are so many places to go and places to eat, we didn't eat in the restaurant. We did use the refrigerator and the coffee maker, though.
Sure, the property is older, but it has been updated and the "tower" rooms are nice and comfortable. There is a section that is not in the tower and we saw teams getting off buses going down that hall rather than into the elevators. We always ask for the rooms overlooking Georgetown, so those are the rooms I'm familiar with. Stay in these rooms and you won't be disappointed!

Room Tip: Rooms on a high floor, overlooking Georgetown are great!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Winter Park, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

I wanted to love adn enjoy this hotel on this trip. I'm from Arlington, and have passed by this hotel along the GW Parkway since I was listening to Howard Stern on DC 101 in the early 80s. So when I booked a two day meeting with my sales team here this summer I had high hopes for a great visit.

Whoops.

To begin with the hotel is pretty worn out, despite some recent attempts to spruce it up. There are wallpaper and carpet issues all over the place. The bathrooms are pretty gross. The rooms are musty and mildewy. It was July, and there were kids camped out all over the outer walkways and balconies, adding to the din and cacauphony.

I had reserved a small meeting space that was said to have a nice balcony - overlooking the parking deck. The room was ok, but freezing cold, which is better than too hot. I also felt somewhat over-charged and ripped off for the room and amenities. My meeting coordinator told me that maybe next time I booked a meeting I could get a good discount. That was a bit of an insult. So there certainly wont be a next time.

Last week I held another meeting across the street in Rosslyn at the Hyatt Arlington, which was a world of difference - clean, nice smell, modern. My recommendation is to choose the Hyatt if looking in this location.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Kansas City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

The Key Bridge Marriott was the location for a family wedding in which a large number of guests would be from out of town. My family had worked with hotel staff for months to secure a block of rooms at a special rate, but despite that there were problems when guests actually arrived. My room was not available when I arrived, and when I showed the front desk staff my printed off reservation confirmation, he asked where I had reserved my room because the confirmation number didn't match the confirmation numbers in their system. It turned out the confusion was caused by the fact that I and a member of my extended family share the same first name, and the hotel got us mixed up. It took a while, but the hotel did find a room for me on one of the lower floors. Not ideal but it was fine since I didn't spend a lot of time in my room anyway.

The room itself was fine, no complaints there. I ordered room service twice during my stay and each time my meal arrived promptly. They also offer a breakfast buffet in the morning that was fine although a bit pricey. The hotel itself is older and could use an update, but overall it's pretty comfortable. The fact that it is right across the river from Georgetown puts it in an enviable location. The Rosslyn metro is about a 10-minute walk from the hotel as is the Key Bridge that leads into Georgetown. Guests should plan to do some walking or pay for taxis.

Room Tip: If you can try to get a room on one of the upper floors with a view of D.C. I was on the 4th floor...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Been to Key Bridge Marriott? Share your experiences!