“A Nice Place to Stay when Visiting DC” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save Up to 25% in No. VA
Ranked #36 of 47 hotels in Arlington
Honolulu, Hawaii
“A Nice Place to Stay when Visiting DC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2011

It is hard for me to complain about my 2 night stay during Easter weekend at this hotel. Less than a 10 minute walk to the Rosslyn Metro Station, and no more than a 15 minute walk to Georgetown (or a very short ride on the Metro Circulator Bus which you can catch close to the Metro Station), the location is hard to beat for seeing DC. My king size bed was very comfortable on the 10th floor of the Capital Tower, and the modern renovated room (with a 42in LCD TV) while not spacious, was also not too small. It was also quiet, and the shower was always hot with good pressure. There are few places to eat or shop in the immediate area, but a walk or bus ride to Georgetown can solve that issue. The gym located in the basement of the hotel is well equipped with a variety of well maintained cardio equipment (with another small cardio room also located next to the pool) and a decent selection of free weights and machines. Internet in the room is $12.95/day but free in the Lobby which has lots of places to sit with your laptop. The hotel is popular with families if the indoor/outdoor pool packed with kids is any indication. At $60/night on Priceline, this hotel was an absolute steal, and I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: As for renovated room facing away from road
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled solo

623 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
Manhattan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2011

I think this place needs an physical and attitude overhaul. The first room we received was on the third floor and overlooked the bus parking lot, so the noise was intolerable. Also, the room had an outside balcony the length of the building, so no privacy. After waiting 30 minutes, another person kindly found us another very quiet room. Why does the Front Desk even do this, when there are other rooms available? They should give those rooms out last, and after we had to bring all our luggage down to the front desk to get new room keys, the Front Desk staffer who booked us into that awful room just laughed. She was also the very first Marriott staffer to say "no" when asked if they upgrade or offer any perks for rewards members. The hotel also booked hundreds of teens into the hotel, who were running up and down the halls (and tells you something about the quality of the place). Front desk was also unable to tell us the fastest route to the college we were touring. Parking was expensive, breakfast was expensive, internet was expensive, and I would not have minded had the hotel been up to Marriott's standards. More like a Holiday Inn.

Room Tip: DO NOT accept a room overlooking the bus parking .
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Louisville, Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2011

The location is superior, and for that this oldest standing Marriott Hotel of the Marriott Chain, attracts conventions, school groups, and other assorted misfits. Unfortunately, this Marriott does not live up to the chain's reputation and, the corporation, should take their name off the building at once. It tarnishes what's left of their reputation. The front desk staff is the rudest I have ever encountered, unless you happen to work with Freddy or Ryan. Otherwise beware of attitude, discourteousness, and disrespect. I requested a wheelchair accessible room and received a very small double....the only "ADA" item was a grab bar on the bath/shower. (Hint: if you want a real wheelchair accessible room - ask for the '57's.) The parking is overpriced, room Internet access is available through an ethernet cable for $20 daily (it's free in the lobby, if not overloaded) The bar offers short pours, and the only real value is the continental breakfast buffet for $14. Parking is $17 a day, and the garage has NO elevators....so again beware if you have accessibility issues. Again, this a hotel to be viewed from afar, as a museum piece, rather than a destination. Avoid, avoid, avoid!!!! Motel 6 would be a healthier and friendlier alternative.

Room Tip: Ask for the '57's
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2011

I stayed at the Key Bridge Marriott from 4/10-4/13, to try to save on exorbitant rates in DC. The hotel is old, run-down, dirty, and crowded. The rooms are small and odiferous. The employees are beyond unhelpful - rude. You would be better off if you could find a YMCA, because this place is NOT cheap.

Room Tip: no such thing
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Jersey City, NJ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2011

My husband and I spent one night here to attend a friend's birthday party up the block. Upon check in the man at reception gave me directions to their garage but neglected to inform me I would be charged $17 to park there overnight. I assumed they monitored traffic in and out of the garage in order to reserve the spots for paying hotel guests, rather than tourists and day trippers. When my bill was emailed to me I saw this fee and feel ripped off.
PS there is no WiFi in the rooms, only in the crowded lobby swarming with students and other guests.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2011

I stayed at this hotel from March 19 - 21, 2011. I was in Washington DC to attend a reunion of Navy people and a memorial at Arlington Cemetary.

The hotel was easy to find. I entered the address into my GPS at Dulles and made it to the hotel in about 40 minutes. DCA is only 4 miles away and I'd fly into that airport if I went back. I arrived at the hotel and parked in the garage. I didn't see an elevator in the garage so keep that in mind if you have lots of luggage or difficulty with stairs. The cost of parking is $17 a day. I don't think hotels should charge for parking for hotel guests.

Check in was easy and my pre paid reservation made through Expedia.com was in order. I was given room 997. The room was down two very long hallways, at the very end by the stairwell. There was a second elevator closer to the room but there seemed to be mechanical problems and it took the closer elevator way too long to come so I never used it. The lobby was nicely decorated and stylishly decorated however the hallways were dated with wallpaper and the doors are a very dark brown with non flattering lighting.

The room is small but it was just me. At most, I'd have 2 people in this room but that would be it. There is a very small closet right inside the door with a mirrored accordian door. On the left was the bathroom door. Small bathroom but nicely done except for the shower that had an older fixture. The water pressure was good. The granite countertops were nice. Straight ahead was a flat screen, king size bed, a desk with chair and another chair. Being a corner room, two walls were windows with a view of the parking garage and the street.

The dresser under the flat screen TV contained an empty fridge. The desk had a lamp, a phone and an internet box and there was a coffee pot on a table by the 2nd chair. There was no plug by the coffee pot so it had to be moved to use. The nightstand had a phone, an alarm clock and a lamp. The bed was really comfortable. It had 6 large pillows. I slept really well even though I woke up a few times because I could hear traffic.

Things I didn't like: the internet in your room is $12.95 a day. In a time when I can get free wi fi at McDonalds and even my grocery store, I have to pay to use internet in a hotel? But I can go to the lobby and get it for free? Unacceptable to me. I won't stay at another hotel that doesn't include the internet. I then tried to use the in room internet and the ibahn service didn't work and after several calls to them, it still didn't work.

The hairdryer in the bathroom was one of those that's attached to the wall. I'd have preferred a regular hairdryer but it was my fault for forgetting mine at home. It didin't make or break my stay though.

The breakfast buffet cost is too high. It's a very limited buffet and they charge almost $20 for it. There was an egg station to get eggs pretty much anyway and then pre made bacon, sausage, biscuits, gravy and potatoes. Then there was oatmeal and a selection of cold items. You could also toast different types of bread.

The hotel worked for what I needed it for and I gave it good ratings because it's a nice hotel. However, the parking and internet costs will prevent me from recommending this hotel or staying at this hotel again. If parking and internet aren't an issue for you, it's a nice hotel.

• Stayed March 2011
Charlotte, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2011

I do not recommend this hotel for business travelers. There is a good bit of tourist activity and everyday that I stayed a large bus would arrive with teenagers on trips to DC. Very loud activity at night with the kids running up and down the halls. The rooms are very old and outdated, the lobby has been updated and is nice, but once you get to the room it's a disapointment. I was not impressed when I arrived and wished I did not book multiple nights via priceline because I was stuck and had to stay. I'm a very frequent traveler across the entiore country and it"s been quite a while since I saw security roaming the halls and teenager running rampant like this. Very surprised this is a Marriott property.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business

Been to Key Bridge Marriott? Share your experiences!