Spent 3 nights as a couple at the Hyatt Crystal City late April 2007. Freshly renovated rooms and a weekend rate of $99 / night was what decided us to book an "airport hotel". Given the good price, the hotel was fine, but don't expect anything more than 3 1/2 *, which is unusually low for a Hyatt Regency.
- super comfortable beds
- freshly decorated rooms
- welcoming at front desk
(some badly thought things in the rooms ("boutique style" but not too convenient)
- tiny bathroom with shower only, no shower door, no lock to bathroom door, no towel bars, floor gets soaked during showers
- extremely low shower water pressure
- noisy thermostast and ventilation, clicks every time it starts
- no desk lamp, insufficient lighting
- no drapes, only a shade that slides up and down (no privacy)
- stained carpet
- non existing service at breakfast at Cinnabar
- NO view (hotel is enclosed by office building)
- 15 minute walk to metro station (not 10 as said in some reviews), in fact the Hyatt is one of the farthest hotels from the Crystal City metro station.
While only 6 metro stops away from Capitol HilI, we felt a lot further away, mostly due to the long walk from the metro or having to wait for the hotel shuttle.
Can't say we would recommend unless you are traveling on business or on a very tight budget. The city otherwise was fabulous and 3 days were not merely enough to see it all !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax in the heart of it all at Hyatt Regency Crystal City. Our hotel is perfectly positioned for easy access to Virginia and the entire DC-metro area. Enjoy a complimentary shuttle to the airport and easy access to Metro transportation. Within minutes, you can be exploring the nation’s best monuments and museums, taking in a show at the Kennedy Center, enjoying a Washington Nationals game or even touring the White House! Prefer to stay local? Arlington, Virginia has plenty of attractions, including luxury shopping and dining in Clarendon, the historic Arlington Cemetery or hiking in nearby Great Falls Park. Within our spectacularly updated Crystal City hotel, you’ll discover the services and amenities only Hyatt can provide – award-winning dining and inviting spacious guestrooms with luxury amenities like Hyatt Grand BedTM, and iHome stereos with iPod® docking stations. Enjoy the perfect combination of luxury and convenience at the Hyatt Regency Crystal City hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Odigeo, Venere, Agoda, Priceline, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Hyatt Regency Crystal City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Crystal City Hotel Arlington
- Hyatt Regency Arlington
- Hyatt Arlington