Spent 3 nights as a couple at the Hyatt Crystal City late April 2007. Freshly renovated rooms and a weekend rate of $99 / night was what decided us to book an "airport hotel". Given the good price, the hotel was fine, but don't expect anything more than 3 1/2 *, which is unusually low for a Hyatt Regency.
- super comfortable beds
- freshly decorated rooms
- welcoming at front desk
(some badly thought things in the rooms ("boutique style" but not too convenient)
- tiny bathroom with shower only, no shower door, no lock to bathroom door, no towel bars, floor gets soaked during showers
- extremely low shower water pressure
- noisy thermostast and ventilation, clicks every time it starts
- no desk lamp, insufficient lighting
- no drapes, only a shade that slides up and down (no privacy)
- stained carpet
- non existing service at breakfast at Cinnabar
- NO view (hotel is enclosed by office building)
- 15 minute walk to metro station (not 10 as said in some reviews), in fact the Hyatt is one of the farthest hotels from the Crystal City metro station.
While only 6 metro stops away from Capitol HilI, we felt a lot further away, mostly due to the long walk from the metro or having to wait for the hotel shuttle.
Can't say we would recommend unless you are traveling on business or on a very tight budget. The city otherwise was fabulous and 3 days were not merely enough to see it all !
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Crystal City Hotel
- Hyatt Regency Crystal City Hotel Arlington
- Hyatt Regency Arlington
- Hyatt Arlington
- Arlington Hyatt
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Amex, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Tingo, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Hyatt Regency Crystal City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.