“Overall, Great For A Weekend” 4 of 5 stars

Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #24 of 47 hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersSilver level
Maryland
“Overall, Great For A Weekend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2010

I stayed at this Hyatt 3/19/10-3/22/10 for the District Key Club (High School version of Kiwanis Club) Conference. I thought the hotel itself was fabulous.! I loved the layout and of course the beautiful glass elevators. The roof top restaraunt is also a must see - you can see the Capitol building from it. You get a beautiful skyline view of the city. My friends and I thought are room were great. We loved having flat screen TVs and iHomes. (The bathroom door was also really cool too, metal with thick, frosted glass). However, queen beds instead of doubles would have been nice since I was sharing a bed. During the conference we used many of the hotel's conference rooms and the ball room; I found all of the rooms to be lovely. The hotel did a very nice job accomidating 950 high school kids + advisors. They were always very helpful. Unfortunately the elevators were REALLY slow since there were so many people (even though there were 6 elevators). We ended up taking the stairs most of the time, but it was okay since we were only on the fifth floor. Besides the elevators and double beds the hotel was great! I really really enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business

695 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Polish first
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2010

The hotel was very nice and clean, standard modern room furnishings and ameneties. The hotel offers a free shuttle that runs to the airport (runs every 20 minutes) and another free shuttle to the metro stop in Crystal City (runs every 15 minutes). Very quick metro ride to the heart of DC. If you arrive on the metro back to Crystal City after 11 pm, would recommend calling the hotel to send a shuttle as they don't run as regularly that late.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Tulsa, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2010

I stayed at the Hyatt for a business trip and it served its purpose. It is much like many of the other Hyatt hotels in appearance and amenities. The hotel is located in a convenient area with many dining options and some shopping. The metro is within walking distance for those who would like to venture outside of Arlington. The hotel has a lobby bar, restaurant for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, a Starbucks coffee shop that sells snacks, a rooftop restaurant, a workout room, and room service. It's a busy hotel that hold events so there was never a quiet moment in the lobby and bar area. Valet is $25 a day and internet is $10 a day.

Room: I had a deluxe king. The room was spacious with a couch area. The bed was hard and uncomfortable but the pillows were comfortable. It was kind of dusty which gave me allergies. I don't know if cleaning people even dusted as I wiped down the room upon arrival to remove some of the dust that was accumulated on the surfaces.

Bathroom: The bathroom was small. Shower was a standing glass door stall which only had glass over half of it making it somewhat difficult to keep the water from splashing all over the bathroom. The shower head was rusted over the entire area where the water sprayed from which was gross. The sink area was large enough to place personal items on (blow dryer, brushes, straightener, etc.) It was just cramped in size so not a whole lot of room to move around because the toilet takes up the center of the bathroom. They should have used some of the bedroom space for the bathroom. Seems like a waste of good space.

Staff: They were all friendly and accommodating.

Service: Room service was good with a wide variety of items to order. I had room service every day and the food was great. The concierge was helpful. I had to get another iron because the one in my room did not work which they brought up promptly. Valet was efficient and always had my car ready when I needed it.

Overall, this hotel was good. I'm not sure how the other hotels in the area are, so I might check a different one out if I'm in the area again. I would prefer a more comfortable bed and bigger bathroom. I only stayed at the Hyatt out of convenience which meant I had to sacrifice other things.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Bergen County, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2010

We stayed here for a convention for my business. The check-in process was a bit long as everyone seemed to be checking in at once. The room itself was very nice. The bathroom was a bit small. No mini fridge in our room, which was very disappointing.

The conference facilities were nice. The only thing I did not appreciate is that the wait staff in regards to the conference facilities were too rushed in cleaning up and for someone who got down to the continental breakfast within the time frame, there was nothing left for me to eat and I had to wait until lunch.

By the way, no free internet and only valet parking and they charge you $18.00 OVERNIGHT!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Washington, D.C.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2009

Very nice hotel, but I was a little irritated by a few things. For one, when I called the hotel to make a reservation, I asked how often the shuttle bus went to the metro and was told every fifteen minutes. We ended up at the Crystal City metro, in the freezing cold, waiting and waiting for a shuttle that never came (even after I called them). It turns out the shuttle is supposed to come every 30 minutes - but in fact, the shuttle service from the metro is sporadic. We waited for close to an hour and finally figured out that we could take a city bus for $1.35. After we figured out the city bus system, we gave up on shuttle service entirely. When I complained about the shuttle service, Ana from reception was really, really nice. She comped us breakfast and free local calls (but, I have to agree with other reviewers, why is there still a charge for local calls and internet service?). Everything else was very nice - nice rooms, HBO on cable, delicious breakfast buffet. Only a little put off by the location and the shuttle service.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Norfolk, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2009

The hotel was a nice place to go for a long weekend. I liked that it was close to DC (10 min drive or a little longer on Metro) and close to restaurants. The room was clean and designed well. I also liked the 24 hour gym and got in a couple of runs on the treadmill since the weather was snowy and cold. The only complaint I had was that the walls (at least in our room) were a little thin and we could hear the party next door. Though we weren't the ones who called, security did ask them to quiet down and when they didn't, the "guests" were asked to leave. That could have happened anywhere but I was glad that the comfort of all guests was important to the hotel.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2009

This is a standard airport business hotel. It really irritates me when hotels charge for internet, so that is a strike against them. The room was clean and nice-looking, though. I liked that they had free transport from the airport.

One big flaw was that the airline lost my luggage. I told the concierge to NOT call me in a range of time because I was going to sleep. He called me at 5am to tell me my bags arrived. I told him "I'm sleeping" and he kept talking, so I hung up on him. Heapologized when he brought my bag up later but I'm obviously still irritated by that.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Regency Crystal City? Share your experiences!