“Excellent stay!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Princeton, NJ
“Excellent stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

Clean hotel, with alot to offer for the price! We were upgraded at n/c...which made a great trip. Will stay here again!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
  • Polish first
Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2009

My husband and I stayed for 4 nights at this rat trap. He was there for busines - I was there for pleasure. The Checkin staff were rude and the concierge knew very little about getting around D.C. let alone Crystal City. Most abhorent was the cleanliness of the rooms. The shower (no bathtub) was grungy - looked like tile grout had NEVER been cleaned. Under the sink counter was so filthy with hair and dirt I doubt if it had been cleaned in months - same for the bathroom floor. There was rust around the shower fixtures - didn't even want to touch them. Yukko. I can't understand how a well known hotel as the Hyatt can charge $230 to $400 for such a pig sty. We have stayed in much nicer hotels (near big cities) for less than half of these rates. They know they can get the business traveler to stay - as they seemed to be booked when we checked in - but they are being so ripped off with these rooms. We continued our trip to Frederick, MD where we stayed in a Comfort Inn. No comparison - the rooms were SO MUCH CLEANER and the staff were 1000 times friendlier. I truly wonder who rates these hotels - as the Hyatt management should be ashamed to expose guests to run-down, filthy, dirty rooms. We would NEVER stay there

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Kingsland, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2009

This was an amazing experience. We got there and we checked in immediately. The people at the front desk were very helpful and nice. The room was incredible. Very big and way more than I expected for the money. The bathroom is small but very nice and modern. The bed was the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in. And everything was very clean too.
Internet is 10 bucks a day for using it on the tv, but if you bring your own laptop, there's wi-fi in the hotel. The valet parking is 25 bucks a day, but if you don't mind walking a little, there's a parking lot the next block and it's cheap and good. They have a free shuttle to the metro, which is a great thing if you're going sightseeing. The food at the restaurants in the hotel is expensive but it is good, but there's no problem if you don't want to eat there 'cause there are a lot of options close to the hotel.
This was a great trip, and I would totally recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Charleston, SC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2009

I'll start this review off by saying that we love Hyatt and normally always choose Hyatt if we can because of their upscale rooms and great customer service. This Hyatt really did not match up to the other Hyatt's we have stayed in. I waited 5 min. in line to check in when there was no line. There were two people at the desk and they didn't even look at me for 3 min. I went up there for help and one said "You have to wait." Okaaaaay....so I waited 2 more min. and the other employee looked at me like I was such and inconvenience and said "Yes, can I help you?" I told her I just needed to check in, and she raised her eyebrows and looked surprised, as if she was expecting something really complicated. I am used to a friendly greeting and a smile at least, but did not get that here.

We really did not spend much time in this hotel because we were very busy, but I can say that the 24hr. room service is a joke. We tried calling at 1am and let the phone ring for about 3 min. and no one picked up. We called the front desk and they told us the kitchen must be "having an emergency" and they would call us back very soon. We waited 10 min. and no call. I have no idea what kind of "emergency" there would be at 1am, but I'm sure they were just trying to get rid of us. After waiting the 10 min. we called room service again and someone picked up after 2 min. of ringing. Why say 24 room service if you really don't feel like providing room service 24 hrs.???

The parking is a ridiculous $25 overnight. I would not recommend renting a car in D.C. AT ALL unless you have to leave the city a few times. The rental car ended up costing us much more than it was worth. Also, the internet was $9.99/day which is also inconvenient since a lot of hotels offer this for free.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2009

Group of us convened in DC for July 4th week. Comfortable and clean hotel, more reasonably priced than downtown DC hotels. Had standard, 2 double-bed room. Hotel has shuttle service to Metro which was convenient. Exercise room/equipment great. Pool is small but good enough for the kids. We enjoyed the various family-friendly restaurants within walking distance from the hotel. One note - Be prepared to feel cramped in the small bathroom. Would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
conyers
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2009

the stay at the hyatt was right on it. everything was very nice. customer service was excellent. everyone was so helpful. food, nightlife and shopping is in walking distance. the parking is $25 a night but worth it. this is a very lovly hotel and i would stay again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Gadsden, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2009

the concierge desk, especially Constantine, were all very helpful...we had alot of questions re various transportation issues and they were always available to help! the rest of the staff was great, too!

location was good for walking at night (we felt safe) to some good restaurants and free shuttle service was available to DCA and metro...the room was quiet, too!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Hyatt Regency Crystal City? Share your experiences!