“Do not bring your kids; and don't try and use the wifi” 1 of 5 stars

Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #23 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersSilver level
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Do not bring your kids; and don't try and use the wifi”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I travel fairly often. Never have I ever felt so nickel and dimed at what is supposed to be a fairly nice hotel chain.

I'll open with, the staff here were by far the best staff I have ever come into contact with ever at a hotel. It is a shame because I would totally be staying in this hotel again in two weeks if it weren't for all of the negatives.

First, they charge for children's channels. And they are not apologetic about it. If you're going to force parents into paying upwards of $8.99 for a 30 minute Disney episode, then it's only fair to charge those that like sports to watch 30 minutes of ESPN. The women at the front desk told me this is standard for hotels in the DC area. It is not. I have stayed at many DC-area hotels, never have I ever had to pay for my daughter to watch TV. Thankfully she is older and I was able to get by with my laptop, DVDs, and Cartoon Network. Had she been younger, I'd have been screwed.

Second, Wifi. Even one-starred hotels/motels offer free wifi. Why is an upper-middle range hotel chain charging more for a weekend of wifi access than what I pay for at home? For being what appears to be a business-traveller centered hotel, to not offer free wifi is pretty silly and a missed opportunity to be ahead of the pack instead of behind the pack.

The room service charge. I understand adding an automatic gratuity. But I'm already paying a seriously upcharged fee for room service, so adding a delivery charge (because going down to the kitchen to get it myself was apparently an option?) was an insult, and while the service was quick, the food left much to be desired. The chicken fingers (again, no menu for kids) were not very good and the fries the kind you buy in the freezer section of the market.

Lastly, the valet charge. I'm all about paying for good service, and paying a fair price for it. But it would be more fair to tell me ahead of time that valet is per day, instead of relying on a sign that says "12+ hours" being $27. It also would be pretty fair to also let me know that tax will be charged and that adds another 13% per day. Paying more than $60 for parking for a weekend, even in Washington, DC is very steep. And really not worth it at all. That the valet attendants made it extremely clear that you could come and go from valet as often and as much as you wanted--for free--mucks it up even more.

It really sucks that the hotel made it clear people with children are not welcome, since the staff was so great I'd stay there every single time I"m in DC. The great staff is wasted on really archaic and unacceptable (to me) policies around the obscene charge for kids' tv. It's really sad because the hotel was great. Even the unusual bathroom (apparently, to take a bath, you have to get out of the water or wait until the tub is filled in order to turn the water off. Bad planning).

Room Tip: Stay anywhere else. Anywhere else at all. The awesome room felt like a cage with everything having...
Green Features: I don't have any thoughts on their environmentally-friendly practices. They left cars idling in the front, but only their gas guzzling shuttles.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
  • Polish first
Westlake, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Stayed here for a conference. Is extremely close to Washington national airport and has excellent shuttle service. The rooms are standard, but clean. Paid for internet but it was fast enough. The food is pretty good, the room service is fast. Check in/out easy. Exercise room a little small but has ?5 treadmills, small pool etc. I didn't realize until the last day that if you walk about a block there are a LOT of very diverse restaurants, from Thai to Italian. Only time that elevators got crowded were when all 300 people let out of conference at once.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

What a beautiful day. I'm glad to see the hotel is better than ever. Excellent food. Great maids. The food is fantastic. Glad to be back.

We lived here for 11 years. Naturally we did all of the sites. It is still good to come back as visitors. The new Smithsonian additions are very exciting. We were able to see the 9 11 activities at the Pentagon. What a beautiful day.

Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
HyattRegencyCC, Manager at Hyatt Regency Crystal City, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Thank you for the five star review! We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay as well as some of the sites once again. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Langhorne, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I stayed at this property for an on-site conference and it was just another conference hotel; nothing outstanding, nothing horrible. The restaurant seemed to be very understaffed for breakfast, hopefully it was just a fluke that day, but I would say give yourself plenty of time for breakfast if you have a time limit because service was slow.

Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that breakfast service was not great as this is not a typical portrayal of our service in any way and we apologize that it occurred. We appreciate your feedback as it allows us to improve our services for the future. Thank you again!
Chattanooga, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We really enjoyed our stay here. The hotel's location is literally a five minute drive into downtown D.C. From the front desk, to the room service and valet, everyone here is on their A-game and very polite. I received luxury quality for half the quantity. This is now my go-to D.C. hotel.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
HyattRegencyCC, Manager at Hyatt Regency Crystal City, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Thanks Sierra for the five star review! We are so glad you had the chance to experience many of our associates from valet to front desk. We look forward to welcoming you back!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Recently stay in Hyatt with family, Really nice, clean hotel with a lots of amenities. I thing I want to really appreciate that service is brilliant, staffs are friendly and helpful. Really appreciate

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for the review! We agree, we have a wonderful staff here and we are happy you recognized this as well. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Spent 2 nights there for a conference, beautiful comfortable rooms, huge conference space. Staff was pleasant and the service was prompt. Extremely convenient to the airport, and Crystal City. Several restaurants within easy walking difference.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
HyattRegencyCC, Manager at Hyatt Regency Crystal City, responded to this review, 1 week ago
We are happy to hear you had a wonderful experience. We love to hear comments about our staff and the excellent service they provide.

Been to Hyatt Regency Crystal City? Share your experiences!