“Great hotel experience for vacation” 4 of 5 stars

Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #25 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersSilver level
Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin, United States
“Great hotel experience for vacation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

We stayed here for a vacation to D.C. over spring break and my only gripe was related to the Close Up student groups everywhere. Now, let me clarify that as the students were great but as a high school teacher I was looking forward to not seeing any students around. The room was very clean and I think there was plenty of room to store all of our luggage and space to put our toiletries that we had in the bathroom as well. We loved the shuttle service to the Metro and airport were god-sends to help us get around as we didn't want to rent a car.

I'm not sure if we would stay here again in the future, not because of anything bad that happened, but because we like to see what other places are like when we travel. I would recommend this hotel for any adults that are traveling, I'm not sure if it would be family friendly especially with the lack of a pool/hot tub area that is easily accessible.

On a side note the breakfast buffet was very tasty, but it was crazy expensive so we only did it once and called it a learning lesson and then spent some time searching Trip Advisor for other breakfast options in the area.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
HyattCrystalCity, Manager at Hyatt Regency Crystal City, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Greetings Jenny!
It is so good to hear that you had a great vacation in the DC area. We do have a heavy tour group volume in the spring, so we are sorry you had to experience students on your vacation away from students. Please come back and visit us another time and enjoy our pool/hot tub that is open during the summer and to try Perks as an alternative to our breakfast buffet.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Polish first
Marlboro, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

This hotel is very modern and the rooms were clean, comfortable and had great views...
My only criticism is that they're not soundproof. I heard music from next door and toilets flushing at random times.
Parking is expensive unless you can find one of the few street spaces, and you can get Starbucks coffee on the 3rd floor, or walk around the back to another Starbucks for more variety, or across the street to a McDonald's....

Room Tip: Higher floors......away from the elevator.....but noisy neighbors are hard to avoid.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Hi Joanne,
Thanks for sharing the comments from your stay with us. We appreciate you mentioning the positive aspects of your stay and that you enjoyed your view! We are fortunate to have a fantastic location as it relates to Washington DC, the Metro, Mall, Pentagon, and Reagan National Airport. Next time you are in town, be sure to ask our concierge about all of the restaurants within walking distance for some great variety here in Crystal City. Again, thank you for staying with us.
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

I never really had a bad experience at this hotel. Every single one of the employees here are amazing and a pleasure to do business with. Megan and Brooks were my favorite front desk agents for the past month that I was staying at this hotel. The rooms are nice and modern. The service is timely and efficient. If you stay in the rooms a lot you will notice some rooms have more/less furniture than others (in their Ambassador Suites) I always thought that was comical. If you are staying at this hotel, paying for the upgrade to the Ambassador Suites is totally worth it!

Room Tip: Pay the extra $$$ bucks for an Ambassador Suite!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for such an 'excellent' review and thank you for your loyalty to the Hyatt Regency Crystal City! I am so happy to hear that Brooks and Megan are able to help with anything you need.

We can't wait to have you back with us!
Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

hotel was lovely but do not have a good thing to say about checking in and checking out was a nightmare. we paid in advance but still have taken money of credit account what nightmare no uk customer service to talk to

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
HyattCrystalCity, Manager at Hyatt Regency Crystal City, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
We appreciate you sharing these details about our experience at Hyatt Regency Crystal City. Thanks for recommending us to your family and friends! We are very sorry to hear that the check in and check out process did not go as smoothly as intended. Please reach out to me if I can be of any further assistance. Thanks for choosing Hyatt and come back and see us again soon!
Wilton, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

We recently stayed at this property for a conference and had mixed feelings. The hotel is very convenient to Regan National Airport and the hotel shuttle is free and very convenient.

When went to check in there was some confusion over our group reservation, but I was able to check in before the standard check in time. The room was fine and our group gad free wi-fi so that helped. It was a standard Hyatt room that was comfortable but noting special.

We were attending a conference directly in the hotel which makes it very easy to attend the sessions. Overall the staff of this property went above and beyond to help our company and as the lead sponsor of the conference they spelled out our company name in water bottles on their own initiative which was great!

One challenge that we had is that there is only one restaurant open in this hotel and not many options very close by. One night we attempted to get dinner, but there was a long wait and we sat down for around 10 minutes without even getting a menu. We ended up leaving and just going to the deli across the street. A hotel that focuses on convention business in a somewhat remote location should have more than one dining option or the ability to handle the dinner rush.

There is not much within walking distance of this property other than the deli across the street and a Chili's a few blocks up. It is a bit of a cab ride to get to downtown Alexandria or into DC and the location feels somewhat desolate.

Overall the excellent staff made up for some of the short comings of this property, but I would not stay here again unless I was attending a conference in the hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Audrey N, Manager at Hyatt Regency Crystal City, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete a survey and provide feedback about your recent stay. My apologies for the dissatisfaction you experienced in regard to the restaurant hours as well as wait to be greeted. In no way is this a typical portrayal of our operation and please know that we are investigating your comments further and are following up accordingly. If your travel plans bring you back to the area, we hope that you would choose Hyatt and give us the opportunity to show you our true creativity and quality of our dining operations. Please feel free to reach out to me directly if I can be of any further assistance.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

Conference was held at hotel so it was very convenient. Every single staff member I came into contact with was helpful and incredibly nice.
However, my room was very dark - I had to put my make-up on in the closet with my hand mirror as it had the brightest light in the entire room. There was a full-length mirror in a corner with no light at all. One of the lampshades in the bathroom was ripped and the bathtub was cracked. I could here the person in the room next to me using the toilet - not flushing it - using it. I could hear the person above me flushing the toilet.
The chairs in the conference room were filthy. The food at the conference was pretty blah. We ate dinner at the restaurant at the hotel one night as we waited too long to make reservations elsewhere - the choices were minimal and the food left quite a bit to be desired.
I cannot imagine returning here unless I had to because of another conference.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
HyattCrystalCity, Manager at Hyatt Regency Crystal City, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your recent stay. It is always nice to hear our staff is providing excellent service and making our guest feel welcomed and comfortable. My sincerest apologies for the dissatisfaction you experienced in regards noise and the lighting in your room. Please consider taking advantage of our Women's Experience Rooms with additional amenities geared towards women. Again, thank you for staying with us and please feel free to reach out to me if I can be of any further assistance.
FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

Beautiful looking, comfortable, good water pressure, great staff, cute gift store/lots of perfect souvenirs especially for cherry blossom season, close to airport, Everything in room Worked/unlike tub drain, AC and LOUD/no sound proofing on windows, quiet sleep, had super cool online check in and check out!!!

Room Tip: Cabs don't come till 4am. We wanted to head over 3:30am, but was unnecessary for even first flig...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Wow! Thanks for such an amazing review! Sounds like you had an excellent time in DC. Come back and visit us soon.

Been to Hyatt Regency Crystal City? Share your experiences!