“Beautiful, Clean, Friendly” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Denver, Colorado
“Beautiful, Clean, Friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

I stayed here for a conference and was very impressed with the service. The staff at the front desk, in the restaurant, and manning the buffet were all extremely friendly and accommodating, helping with directions, recommendations, mailing items, and even snagging me my favorite kind of soda! The room was nice - nothing spectacular - but it was clean. The buffet breakfasts and lunches for the conference were surprisingly good. I usually don't expect very good food at these kind of events but they were hearty, tasty, and filling. There is a free shuttle that provides transportation to the subway stop as it's quite a walk.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
HyattCrystalCity, Manager at Hyatt Regency Crystal City, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Hello VoyageHopper42,
Thank you for your great review of Hyatt Regency Crystal City. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found the staff to be so kind and service oriented. I will pass your kudos on the conference meals along to our Culinary Staff; they love to hear that the guests enjoy the food. Thanks again!

709 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Polish first
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

I just got back from a conference held at the Hyatt and wish i could have said i was impressed. The hotel overall is beautiful with great amenities, but the rooms weren't so great. The beds were horrible. We had a double room and both beds were caved in. The sheets and towels had stains and were not very soft. The showerhead is fantastic! Conference food was cold and unappealing.
I guess for a conference of college kids its ok, but next time I'll stay elsewhere.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Bogota, Colombia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

I find it exellent for the price clean very polite girl think was Lucia in the desk bad just the internet fails a lot and one don't do international calls they are way crazy expensive
We enjoy our stay

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

Stayed here on a visit to DC between Christmas and New Years. Great accommodations with sleek, modern rooms. Use of space is city style where every square in of your quarters is purposed. Amenities offered are nice and give the hotel an upscale feel.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

My spouse and I stayed here a couple of days before Christmas when airline delays caused us to miss our connecting flight and land in the wrong city well after rental car companies closed for the night. The location is very close to DCA and the rates are very good. The hotel is older but is kept very clean. The room was clean and the staff was gracious. I appreciate them allowing us to check in during the wee hours of the morning. I slept well.

The breakfast food was quite good, with generous portions and a super healthy, on-trend menu.

They have a shuttle that runs to and from the airport, however we arrived too late to use it. A taxi from the airport was just over $10.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Hawthorne, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

I was at the Hyatt Regency for only about 8 hours – just to get a night’s sleep between flights. I wish I could have been there much longer! The room was fantastic – modern and comfortable, and a great value for the price. I slept very well in the bed and enjoyed the rain shower and the KenetMD bath products. I also appreciated the punctual and frequent shuttle service to and from the airport, which was about a 5 minute drive away. Check in and check out was also a breeze with the online option. Only thing that I could have asked for is free wi-fi in the rooms, but there is free wi-fi in the lobby. If I’m ever traveling thru DC again, I know exactly where I will stay again. Thanks, Hyatt!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Vancouver/Hong Kong/London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

Was here for one of the chess tournaments during early October. Usually I stay for a week as the tournaments are 9 rounds

I liked the buffet. 2nd time I stayed. Hotel waiter Hamid remembered us from our June stay and greeted us by name.

Airport shuttle is convenient. For food you will need to walk a bit but if the hotel restaurant is closed I recommend the holiday inn steak house 5 mins walk away. Good food there when the hotel restaurant is closed during the weekends.

Also the fridge rental is not $20 for the stay and not $20 a night. Makes sense especially when I stock up on milk.

One of the cleanest and superior service hotels I have stayed at for a while!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Hyatt Regency Crystal City? Share your experiences!