“Excellent Hotel.” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Adelaide, Australia
“Excellent Hotel.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

I stayed here for a week for a work conference, and enjoyed the great location and excellent service. Staff were friendly and helpful, and there are plenty of great services (especially the shuttle to and from the metro). Restaurant and bar area are great, and there are plenty of dinner options within walking distance.

Like all American hotels, the room was very dark and it was impossible to make a decent cup of tea with the coffee machine provided. The only place with decent lighting was the bathroom, but I couldn't take my suitcase in there every time I wanted to search for a piece of clothing. Even the reading light by the bed was inadequate. While I love mood lighting, sometimes a bright overhead light is necessary.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Polish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

We stayed here for five nights while attending a conference at the hotel. We particularly liked the many seating areas on the lobby floor, making it easy to sit with friends- one or two, or a whole gang. We had breakfast buffet everyday at the Cinabar restaurant, and it was always good. The lunch buffet was also very good, and all of the food prices were very reasonable.

The room was comfortable, but basic. We were on the 18th floor, but unfortunately were facing a building across the street. Everything was in good working order, and clean. The staff throughout our stay was very helpful.

I wished that there was a concierge level with separate lounge, it would have been nice to spend time there with friends- but, alas...

It is a good business hotel. It is not near the metro station so, if you are walking, its a good walk. The hotel does offer a shuttle to the metro station every 15 minutes. It is also a walk to Pentagon City Mall. A zillion good restaurants are just a few blocks away. I also parked in the PMI garage around the backside of the hotel, as it was less expensive than the hotel valet parking.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor, facing the airport.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Ellsworth, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for a long weekend and have no complaints about any aspect of this hotel. We actually found ourselves ordering room service quite a bit because we tried it one time and it was so fantastic we kept craving it!!!
The rooms are modern, sexy, and well appointed. The bathroom is also modern with a fantastic shower. Fantastic sheets and fresh white linens, which I love!!!
Service was great all the way around..... Check in, bartenders, housekeeping, valet.....
Fantastic! No complaints!!

• Stayed August 2013
raleigh, nc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Excellent staff at check-in (Annie was wonderful). Shuttle from airport was prompt. Shuttes to Metro were frequent. Room was clean and spacious. Not around too many "within walking" restaurants. Coffee shop across the street was good. Great stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
HyattCrystalCity, Manager at Hyatt Regency Crystal City, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Hello wolfpack881,

Thank you for your great review of your stay at Hyatt Regency Crystal City. I am glad you found our shuttles convenient, as do many travelers. I will also personally thank Annie for taking such great care of you; she really is a sweet young lady.

We look forward to having you back with us soon!
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I attended a conference and also had my family join me. The shuttle service to/from the airport and metro was very nice. Concierge was fantastic! Room was clean and fairly roomy. Paid extra for a higher floor with a view, but no view.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Sharon S,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. I am happy to hear our Concierge was helpful and our shuttle got you were you needed to go! Next time you choose to stay with us we will do our best to get you and your family a room with great view.

Thanks again for your review, your feedback is much appreciated.
Culpeper, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

A fairly typical sterile hotel and yet you get what you need, a very clean room with a view at time and a very comfortable bedding. The location is a stone throw from National airport which is ideal for early departure. I did use valet in the evening and the area is pretty deserted at night. Had issue with the keys not working, the only real issue is that some of the equipment is showing some serious age such as the electric plug which were so worn out that you could not plug your items properly.

Dear marcoremiatzky,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay. I am glad you found our location next to Ronald Reagan National Airport to be convenient. Our apologies for the minor electrical issues you experienced, I will bring it to the attention of our Engineering Department.

Again, I am glad you had a comfortable stay and hope to see you again soon.
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Short free shuttle ride from Reagan International. Courteous service all the way from the ride, check-in, and maid services. My room was sparkling clean with a beautiful view of the Potomac River: spectacular sunrise and sunset skies. I'm a regular now, staying here twice a year. Everything is smooth and relaxing, and I can focus on getting my work done and getting a great night sleep.

Room Tip: A room with a view of the River
Hello drKSG,

Thank you for such an amazing review and thank you for your loyalty to the Hyatt Regency Crystal City! I am so happy to hear that the location works well for you and you enjoy the hotel and the staff so much.

We can't wait to have you back with us!

Been to Hyatt Regency Crystal City? Share your experiences!