“Very Good Experience” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Atlanta
“Very Good Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I had low expectations for this hotel, mainly because of its location, but after I got out and walked around, I was pleasantly surprised. The room was huge and updated. Internet was slow. I ordered the faster package, but it really didn't help. I ended up tethering to my 4G phone. My only other complaint is that there should be more outlets by the bedside. A request for early housekeeping was honored both mornings without reminding them. Room service was fast and tasty. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Polish first
Waterloo, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

we were in Crystal City Hyatt on Labor Day long weekend. The front desk gave us a room with two double beds. The room seems OK but the toilet flush sound from next door was too loud that I couldn't sleep. I went to the front desk at 1:00 am to ask for another room. The staff was not happy but gave us a room with one king and agreed to ask security to bring a rollaway bed. The rollaway bed never came so I went to front desk again and talked to a different person. He called the security and checked the availability of the bed, and told me there was none as it was a weekend. The security guy was kind enough to bring me sheets, pillows and blanket so I was able to sleep on the floor. It's was past 2:00 in the morning. They brought in the rollaway the next day. There was no apology from the hotel and we were charged the full amount. The hotel staff know about the noise issue and they were still giving it to customers. It displays poor service. It was our first time in Hyatt and we wish we stayed at Marriott next door.

Room Tip: make sure you don't have anybody next to you, otherwise the toilet flush sound will keep you awa...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
clinton md.u.s.a.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

this is my first time booking at this hotel,but not the first wedding reception I attended here...it was a disappointment..from valet parking it took atleast 1/2hr before valet staff got to me...then check in was another disappointment..i book 2 room from hotel.com the first desk staff couldn't find my second reservation I gave him all the information he requested again had to wait again for another 1/2hr only till I called hotel.com they called the hotel...the second desk staff name jenny was able to find both reservation in my name..and she was very courteous and polite the first staff didn't even apologize to me for the mix up...I told another staff whom I know personally he told me the desk staff was new...again during check out..valet service worst...they should have known ahead of time..that given date and time there is a specific schedule reception...guest will be arriving some are booked at the hotel...and also during check out time management should schedule more valet staff to accommodate the influx of guest attending the schedule function and check out time...the room is spacious,no tub only shower..location is great near the airport and mall..lots of eatery nearby...buffet is great with many selection...over all I wont stay at the hotel again..some of my relatives stayed at Hilton and Marriott nearby walking distant..

Room Tip: take higher floor for a better view of the nation capital
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

The hotel is modern and clean. Staff pleasant and helpful. Located at the end of a row of hotels at Crystal City Metro stop in Arlington, Virginia. The Marriott is directly next to the station; Hyatt much further away. Guest have a choice of waiting for the shuttle van OR walking about 20 minutes to the station. It's OK but I prefer the Marriott. There are many restaurants in between the Hyatt and the Metro station. I found several nice Italian restaurants on nearby 23rd Street. Beware of parking your automobile here. Expensive. I always fly to DC (Reagan National) then take the Metro to Crystal City and use the Metro to get around the entire DC area. Easy to do. No need for an automobile.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Phoenix, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Stayed here 1 night while in the area for a meeting & it was chosen mainly because the Hilton, where the organization has usually put us, is being renovated. The good news is that they seem to have finally banned smoking in the lobby lounge which was still happening on my last visit. Shuttle to/from the airport was fine, location is ok-walk to the shops & restaurants on 23rd is easily doable, though the heat & humidity during my visit I could have done without. Had a king room on the 15th floor-room itself was quite large, but the bathroom was one of the tiniest I've seen, especially considering how big the bedroom was. A full 6+ foot couch, w/end tables, under the wall of windows & still plenty of room between couch & bed. On the next renovation I would suggest expanding the bathrooms. The bed, however, left much to be desired & it is the reason I gave the hotel a poor rating-if I can't sleep, it doesn't matter what else the hotel has to offer. It is a platform bed w/a pillow-top mattress. Flat sheets on the bottom are bad enough but the flimsy mattress 'pad' under the sheet was the real problem as it lacks elastic bands to keep it in place which means it ends up in a wadded up mess the first time one turns over. I truly don't understand why hotels keep using these things-I suspect if the hotel GM or Executive Housekeeper had to spend a night or two trying to sleep on it, they'd get rid of them ASAP.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
HyattCrystalCity, Manager at Hyatt Regency Crystal City, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about you recent stay with us. We are very sorry that your stay with us did not meet expectations and that you did not get a good night's rest. Our guest's comfort is very important to us and we will continue to find ways of improving this. Again, thank you for staying with us.
Johnson City, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

My wife had a conference here, so we stayed Monday - Wednesday. Overall it's a nice place with details below:
Pros
- Modern and clean
- Great service
- Comfortable bed
- Not much noise from other rooms and hall
- Shuttle to the Metro or just a 20 minute walk
- Good food and shops within a 10 minute walk (on both sides of the 4-lane)
- Lots of elevators so there was little wait even though the place was full
- Safe area
- Just a few minutes from the airport

Cons
- Bring tip money because this place is pricey. I'm a do-it-yourself kind of person, so I don't really like to pay for someone to unpack my bags from the car and bring them to the room.
- Valet parking is $27/day. There are some garages in the same block, but that's more trouble to manage.
- Food is too expensive to eat in the hotel unless it's going on a business account
- Room was a little on the small size, but that's probably because space is at a premium in this area

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

We stayed at the Hyatt this August for one night. We had tickets to a nationals game and the distance between the two points was very short. I booked directly thorough Hyatt's website. On the travel sites, the price was as low as $74 dollars for a standard king room. This does not include breakfast. On Hyatt's site there was a special called "bed and breakfast". It was $94 dollars. This included breakfast. With this promotion we were also able to do a late checkout at 3.pm for no additional cost which was great for a lazy Saturday.(you should ask/confirm this with them at check in, the girl we had initially told us it would be $50 to stay later and someone else had to tell her it was included in the promotion) We were asked what floor we wanted at check in, no preference. We had to sign our breakfast receipt and saw it would have cost us $40 for the breakfast buffet in the hotel restaurant had we not had the promotional price. Score! Breakfast was great, made to order omelets, quiche, all kinds of breakfast breads, and pastries, oatmeal, grits, fruit, bacon, chicken sausage, home fries and several different kinds of juice. There are several restaurants at the hotel, breakfast is at the Cinnabon Restaurant.
PARKING. We called to ask what the charge was to park there. It's Valet only and $27 bucks! The guy on the phone tried to tell me that there is metered overnight parking on the street and you have to be out by 7:00 am. Basically trying to scare us into parking with the hotel. Well the truth is there IS metered parking but there is also lots of free parking on the street. You may have to walk a short distance to the hotel, but that beats paying the $27 dollars. Another option is RIGHT NEXT TO the Hyatt there is a government building that has pay for parking that is open to the public. The attendant will give you a ticket when you go through and you pay when you go back to pick up your car. It was only $10 bucks and we didn't have to be out by a certain time the next day. He also told us that if you get there to park after midnight, it's only $5.00. This was for a weekend rate, not sure about the week days.
Overall, nice stay. There's an outdoor pool. Target, and others stores and restaurants near by. No, microwave or fridge in the room. Some rust in shower stall.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hyatt Regency Crystal City? Share your experiences!