“Well worth it ...” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Woodstock, Illinois
“Well worth it ...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

We visit the Washington DC area once each year. This past May was our 17th trip. For the past 7-8 years we have stayed at the Hyatt Crystal City in Arlington, VA. We stay there because the rooms are spacious and clean, the beds are large and comfortable, the hotel staff is efficient and friendly, the restaurant has wonderful food and the Hyatt is fairly close to everything. I highly recommend it

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Polish first
Eagle, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Spent 3 days at a meeting at the Hyatt. The hotel is first class and has wonderful meeting rooms of any size desired. I was especially impressed with the cooperation of the staff. They catered to any thing we wanted to facilitate the meeting. A large screen and Blu-Ray player was quickly made available as was a room of the desired size. In this case capacity 130. Other rooms for meetings ranging from 90 to 600 were utilized. There are large video screens in the major rooms.
The beds were exceptionally clean, however they were too soft for my preference. The rooms have wi-fi available but the charge for utilizing is excessive compared to other hotels of comparable quality.
The one thing that was very impressive was the food in the restaurant/ coffee shop. I usually avoid hotel restaurants but I decided to try this one. I was totally amazed with the service and the food preparation and quality. I did not leave the hotel for any meals. The menu is not large but adequate featuring anything from hamburgers to gourmet Salmon or Halibut.

Room Tip: My room was adequate to excellentA tip check rates and don't hesitate to ask for a better deal...
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I booked this hotel primarily for a job interview in DC and stayed for the weekend. I took advantage of the Stay More Save More summer promo they were running. It was a good value which included 50% off food and parking.
The property has a modern upscale feel about it, and the lobby/reception/atrium area is very inviting. The valet parking staff and bellmen were very cordial and friendly. I LOVED the Lobbibar on the first level much more than the Cinnabar restaurant. It has a relaxed but city vibe about it and great decorations. Most of all I loved Misty, who works in the Lobbibar and gave us excellent service. She is very personable and friendly. The last night I was in the hotel she wasn't working, and I didn't have near as much fun because of that!
The restaurant food is high quality. The server we had the one ocassion we ate in Cinnabar was so-so. He only seemed interested in increasing the amount of the bill.
The room was comfortable and clean. The only thing we noticed about the bathroom is there's nowhere to hang towels/washcloths. The ice machine wasn't working on our floor but I just went up to the next. The shuttle to Crystal City metro was very helpful and efficient.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Savannah, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel for a conference. Things were top-notch with a couple of exceptions. With the price of the rooms, Wi-Fi should be free. The staff was wonderful, from the valets to the desk clerks, to the housekeepers. The food left a bit to b desired. I'm sure the meals were chosen by our conference planners but to be blunt, it was awful!!!! The concierge was less than helpful with our requests for dinner ideas. But overall, this hotel was a very nice place to stay.

Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We stayed here for an event this weekend. Let me just say I called a girlfriend to tell her how much I loved this hotel. This hotel is beautiful from the lobby all the way to our room which was comfortable, clean, and very sexy. We stayed on the 18th floor and the view was impeccable. Definitely will stay here again and again and again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Bristol, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

First of all, the staff at this hotel is exceptionally helpful. They seem to enjoy working there and are very friendly especially for being in such a large metro area. My room was beautiful with a very nice view. The room and the entire hotel was spotless and the beds were very comfortable. The hotel is near the metro (a nice little walk, but for those who don't want to walk, a courtesy shuttle provides transportation to the metro as well as to and from Reagan Airport). Lots of great places to eat close by even a supermarket just an 8 minute walk. Hard to find a thing to complain about EXCEPT the internet service was pay by the day with free service available only in the lobby. Even economy hotels provide free internet service. It is expected just as is clean towels and hair dryers.

I was there for a conference and found the food service as well as the conference rooms were clean and well equipped.

Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

I stayed here for 2 days in July for a work trip. The location is good, but would be better if it was closer to the metro. It wasn't very fun standing around in front of construction outside of the Crystal City metro station waiting 15 minutes for a shuttle to come get me. I would suggest just walking if the weather's ok (but this was during a heat wave so not the best time to hoof it back to the hotel). The rooms are nice and quiet. My bathroom door didn't close quite all the way, but it was fine as I was traveling alone. The water pressure in the showers is AMAZING. Best I've ever had in a hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Regency Crystal City? Share your experiences!