“Up to par with the Hyatt name” 4 of 5 stars

Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #25 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersSilver level
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Up to par with the Hyatt name”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I booked this hotel primarily for a job interview in DC and stayed for the weekend. I took advantage of the Stay More Save More summer promo they were running. It was a good value which included 50% off food and parking.
The property has a modern upscale feel about it, and the lobby/reception/atrium area is very inviting. The valet parking staff and bellmen were very cordial and friendly. I LOVED the Lobbibar on the first level much more than the Cinnabar restaurant. It has a relaxed but city vibe about it and great decorations. Most of all I loved Misty, who works in the Lobbibar and gave us excellent service. She is very personable and friendly. The last night I was in the hotel she wasn't working, and I didn't have near as much fun because of that!
The restaurant food is high quality. The server we had the one ocassion we ate in Cinnabar was so-so. He only seemed interested in increasing the amount of the bill.
The room was comfortable and clean. The only thing we noticed about the bathroom is there's nowhere to hang towels/washcloths. The ice machine wasn't working on our floor but I just went up to the next. The shuttle to Crystal City metro was very helpful and efficient.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Polish first
Savannah, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel for a conference. Things were top-notch with a couple of exceptions. With the price of the rooms, Wi-Fi should be free. The staff was wonderful, from the valets to the desk clerks, to the housekeepers. The food left a bit to b desired. I'm sure the meals were chosen by our conference planners but to be blunt, it was awful!!!! The concierge was less than helpful with our requests for dinner ideas. But overall, this hotel was a very nice place to stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We stayed here for an event this weekend. Let me just say I called a girlfriend to tell her how much I loved this hotel. This hotel is beautiful from the lobby all the way to our room which was comfortable, clean, and very sexy. We stayed on the 18th floor and the view was impeccable. Definitely will stay here again and again and again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Bristol, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

First of all, the staff at this hotel is exceptionally helpful. They seem to enjoy working there and are very friendly especially for being in such a large metro area. My room was beautiful with a very nice view. The room and the entire hotel was spotless and the beds were very comfortable. The hotel is near the metro (a nice little walk, but for those who don't want to walk, a courtesy shuttle provides transportation to the metro as well as to and from Reagan Airport). Lots of great places to eat close by even a supermarket just an 8 minute walk. Hard to find a thing to complain about EXCEPT the internet service was pay by the day with free service available only in the lobby. Even economy hotels provide free internet service. It is expected just as is clean towels and hair dryers.

I was there for a conference and found the food service as well as the conference rooms were clean and well equipped.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

I stayed here for 2 days in July for a work trip. The location is good, but would be better if it was closer to the metro. It wasn't very fun standing around in front of construction outside of the Crystal City metro station waiting 15 minutes for a shuttle to come get me. I would suggest just walking if the weather's ok (but this was during a heat wave so not the best time to hoof it back to the hotel). The rooms are nice and quiet. My bathroom door didn't close quite all the way, but it was fine as I was traveling alone. The water pressure in the showers is AMAZING. Best I've ever had in a hotel.

Pennsylvania, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my husband July 21-24, 2013. He had a conference to attend for work, so I decided to join him. We stayed at the same hotel in the summer of 2012 and he stayed there without me in the summer of 2011. Unfortunately, the cleanliness and quality of the hotel has declined over the past couple years. The cleanliness was lacking and the rooms & furnishings were well worn. That seemed to happen quickly just in the past two years. The valet service for cars is nice since they are parked securely under the hotel and we didn't have to pay out of our own pocket since my husband was being comped for a business trip, but it is pretty pricey. $27/day to park. Yikes! That can get expensive pretty quick. Our room was also rather expensive. It was about $180+ tax per night. Wi-Fi is available for free in the lobby, but not in the rooms. It was $11/day for in room Wi-Fi. Factor in all those things for 3 nights and it was a BIG bill. If we would have had to pay for that on our own, I really don't think we would have stayed there. This hotel is right next to Reagan International Airport, but you don't hear the planes. Our room faced the airport and we could see them coming in and out. We had a very distant river view, but it was hard to see it past the airport. However, we were only on the 7th floor, so if you are able, get a higher floor and you'll probably have a better view. There is a shuttle that is complimentary to take you to the airport as well as to the Crystal City METRO station. We never used the airport shuttle, but the shuttle to the METRO was not running as scheduled as one other reviewer stated. So, I simply hiked up and back the 3/4 mile each day. It isn't a bad walk and you can take a few short-cuts through the Crystal City Shoppes to get there. There are some very nice restaurants within walking distance to the hotel and a Starbucks just around the back of the hotel. Also, just since our stay there in 2012, we noticed that quite a number of restaurants were added in that year. The Crystal City part of Arlington seems to be very safe and very clean. That is a big plus. We also were able to catch the METRO one night to go over to see a Washington Nationals baseball game. The METRO stop for the ball park is literally RIGHT at the park. VERY convenient and much better than paying over $50 to park at the ball field. So, all in all, the location is good and the service was good, but the added expense of parking & in-room internet as well as the high cost of rooms seemed a big negative to me. However, if you are going on a business trip, they definitely have all the amenities that a business traveler would need.

Austin, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

When we arrived, the valet was full due to a conference but their was self parking about a half a block away. It stated max 10.00 but when we left it was 20.00. She said it was a 20.00 overnight fee but we didn't see it marked. (still not bad). Great location. We walked to the Crystal City Sports bar and lots of other food options in that area. They lobby bar was a nice busy area due to the conference but a little pricey 21.00 for 2 crown/cokes but well made. Very helpful staff! They have shuttle to metro (every 15 min) and made sure we knew how to get to the baseball game via metro and checked our bags til after the day game!

Room Tip: Walls are a bit thin... I could hear the neighbors blow drying hair and their normal conversations b...