“Worth every dime” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Richmond, Virginia
“Worth every dime”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We stayed here for an event this weekend. Let me just say I called a girlfriend to tell her how much I loved this hotel. This hotel is beautiful from the lobby all the way to our room which was comfortable, clean, and very sexy. We stayed on the 18th floor and the view was impeccable. Definitely will stay here again and again and again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

694 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Polish first
Bristol, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

First of all, the staff at this hotel is exceptionally helpful. They seem to enjoy working there and are very friendly especially for being in such a large metro area. My room was beautiful with a very nice view. The room and the entire hotel was spotless and the beds were very comfortable. The hotel is near the metro (a nice little walk, but for those who don't want to walk, a courtesy shuttle provides transportation to the metro as well as to and from Reagan Airport). Lots of great places to eat close by even a supermarket just an 8 minute walk. Hard to find a thing to complain about EXCEPT the internet service was pay by the day with free service available only in the lobby. Even economy hotels provide free internet service. It is expected just as is clean towels and hair dryers.

I was there for a conference and found the food service as well as the conference rooms were clean and well equipped.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

I stayed here for 2 days in July for a work trip. The location is good, but would be better if it was closer to the metro. It wasn't very fun standing around in front of construction outside of the Crystal City metro station waiting 15 minutes for a shuttle to come get me. I would suggest just walking if the weather's ok (but this was during a heat wave so not the best time to hoof it back to the hotel). The rooms are nice and quiet. My bathroom door didn't close quite all the way, but it was fine as I was traveling alone. The water pressure in the showers is AMAZING. Best I've ever had in a hotel.

Pennsylvania, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my husband July 21-24, 2013. He had a conference to attend for work, so I decided to join him. We stayed at the same hotel in the summer of 2012 and he stayed there without me in the summer of 2011. Unfortunately, the cleanliness and quality of the hotel has declined over the past couple years. The cleanliness was lacking and the rooms & furnishings were well worn. That seemed to happen quickly just in the past two years. The valet service for cars is nice since they are parked securely under the hotel and we didn't have to pay out of our own pocket since my husband was being comped for a business trip, but it is pretty pricey. $27/day to park. Yikes! That can get expensive pretty quick. Our room was also rather expensive. It was about $180+ tax per night. Wi-Fi is available for free in the lobby, but not in the rooms. It was $11/day for in room Wi-Fi. Factor in all those things for 3 nights and it was a BIG bill. If we would have had to pay for that on our own, I really don't think we would have stayed there. This hotel is right next to Reagan International Airport, but you don't hear the planes. Our room faced the airport and we could see them coming in and out. We had a very distant river view, but it was hard to see it past the airport. However, we were only on the 7th floor, so if you are able, get a higher floor and you'll probably have a better view. There is a shuttle that is complimentary to take you to the airport as well as to the Crystal City METRO station. We never used the airport shuttle, but the shuttle to the METRO was not running as scheduled as one other reviewer stated. So, I simply hiked up and back the 3/4 mile each day. It isn't a bad walk and you can take a few short-cuts through the Crystal City Shoppes to get there. There are some very nice restaurants within walking distance to the hotel and a Starbucks just around the back of the hotel. Also, just since our stay there in 2012, we noticed that quite a number of restaurants were added in that year. The Crystal City part of Arlington seems to be very safe and very clean. That is a big plus. We also were able to catch the METRO one night to go over to see a Washington Nationals baseball game. The METRO stop for the ball park is literally RIGHT at the park. VERY convenient and much better than paying over $50 to park at the ball field. So, all in all, the location is good and the service was good, but the added expense of parking & in-room internet as well as the high cost of rooms seemed a big negative to me. However, if you are going on a business trip, they definitely have all the amenities that a business traveler would need.

Austin, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

When we arrived, the valet was full due to a conference but their was self parking about a half a block away. It stated max 10.00 but when we left it was 20.00. She said it was a 20.00 overnight fee but we didn't see it marked. (still not bad). Great location. We walked to the Crystal City Sports bar and lots of other food options in that area. They lobby bar was a nice busy area due to the conference but a little pricey 21.00 for 2 crown/cokes but well made. Very helpful staff! They have shuttle to metro (every 15 min) and made sure we knew how to get to the baseball game via metro and checked our bags til after the day game!

Room Tip: Walls are a bit thin... I could hear the neighbors blow drying hair and their normal conversations b...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
california
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Warning..do NOT rely on any stated shuttle schedules (especially to the mall Metro). If the hotel is deemed not busy enough, the management will decide to run only the airport shuttle. After waiting 20 minutes I luckily had the phone number and they sent a shuttle (including another party who was never told it would be cut off at 4 pm. If I had known I would have just taken the Marriott Courtyard shuttle which we saw twice.

When I finally checked in, I was told that the mall shuttle would run the next day (Monday). Before I left that morning I asked the shuttle driver on the way out and was told no, only one shuttle today! So I just walked back to the hotel in the evening, at least it was downhill.

The first staff I encountered at check-in was rude. He avoided eye contact and stayed on a phone call giving advice about things to see in the area. Terrible first impression and unusual for me as a long time Hyatt customer.

Finally another employee arrived at the desk (I don't think the first one even bothered to ring for anyone, it was just random). He was fine, offered me free internet for the bother.

The room was nice enough, bathroom small as mentioned. Don't forget you can order up convenience items such as a tea kettle.

The first airport shuttle in the morning left promptly at 4:40 am and that is plenty of time to make the 6 am flights. The ride is only a few minutes but the TSA lines start to build as the airport opens.

I got the room on Priceline via the Express Deals section.

Winter Park, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Stayed here on business for three days, so I was able to enjoy the amenities more than usual. The Cinnabar breakfast buffet is excellent; pricey, but you get what you pay for in excellent service and attention. The staff are enthusiastic (and a lot more awake than I feel in the morning) and they can accommodate requests for quick service when you are running late, and also pleasant and chatty when you have time to enjoy the morning in a non-rushed fashion. The METRO is walkable if you want exercise, but not during the summer heat wave of mid-July; wait for the shuttle! The shuttles to the METRO and airport run every 20 minutes and have bottled water on board (on ice!) which was much appreciated in the summer heat. The staff could not be more professional and pleasant.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Regency Crystal City? Share your experiences!