“A Jewel Wrapped in Crystal....” 5 of 5 stars

Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #26 of 48 hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersSilver level
Bohemia, New York
“A Jewel Wrapped in Crystal....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

The Hyatt Regency Crystal City is actually located in Arlington Virginia, but it is a stones throw away from all the major attractions you want to explore while in Washington DC. Actually,
it's location is a tremendous benefit. You can spend the day seeing the sites in Downtown and then retreat from the tourist Hustle and Bustle of DC and escape back to this beautiful full service luxury hotel. It is situated in a more slow paced area where you can enjoy the local flavor, shops etc.... The Metro subway system is a clean, easy, affordable and safe way to get around and there is a stop a few blocks from this Hyatt. They even have a complemantary shuttle every 15 minutes to get there in five. Oh, and if your flying into Reagan Airport there is no more convient place to stay. Also five minute complimentary shuttle. The staff there are wonderful, always personal and professional at the same time. Very accomadating to any of your needs The rooms are very spacious with all the best amenities and depending on your budget, very nice suites are available and they are "Sweet". The breakfast buffet is excellent and the Bar/Restaurant is very appealing. It also includes outside sidewalk seating that is a very pleasant way to spend the evening hours. having dinner or a drink and people watching. If you looking for lighter fair the Clark Street Grille across the street is also excellent, offerring such things as freshly made pizza and a Rueben to die for. This property is at the top of my list of places I like to stay while in the DC area, if it's available, that's where I'm booking. James Platto

Room Tip: They do have a limited number of Balcony suites which are two rooms with an open air view, very comf...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

649 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Polish first
Elizabethton, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel three different times, all during the Memorial Day weekend for Rolling Thunder events. The location is very convenient to many attractions and there is an available shuttle. Check-in went smoothly, as pre-registration was completed prior to arrival. Rooms were clean, hot water was plentiful. Some recommendations to improve stay would be the following - 1. small fridge in room (currently one must be requested in advance of stay; this amenity would benefit people with medications that need to be kept cold and just for the comfort of patrons), 2. small microwave (another amenity for the patron's benefit), and, 3. complimentary water! These amenities are "standard" in many hotel chains. I would like to see the same for this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Adams, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Have been here before & this time disappointed. The staff is friendly but the hotel is starting to show wear. The house keeping is poor. I had crumbs & dirt on my room floor & it was still there after a 3 night stay. They must not vacuum. The bathroom towel knobs & shower faucets were rusty & there was dirt & dust on lights & pictures. Someone had written on the bathroom mirror. When fogged over you could still see this & see that the staff cleans just the lower part of the mirror & not the whole mirror. The lobby furniture is saggy & worn. Had to ask twice to get the newspaper & then it wasn't the one we requested. The pool area is as bare & unwelcoming as was the pool attendant, who did not even acknowledge us.
Won't be back, there are too many other hotels in the area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
new hamshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

If you are planning a trip to Washington, I would highly recommend the Hyatt in Crystal City Va.
It is only 15 minutes from the capital. My check in experience could not have been better.
Thanks to Stephanie. I was there for Rolling thunder. I had many occasions to stop by the front desk. The girls that took care of me made me feel welcomed and were always pleasant going the extra step every time. I think the office Supervisor Lucia Mitchell, Stephanie, and Victoria deserve a lot of credit for the way they took care of me. The staff of the hotel were always pleasant as well. The room was great, clean and neat, plenty of towels and hot water. I have been there for 3 Rolling thunder events. I will stay there next year.

Room Tip: I would be sure to see Lucia,Stephanie or Victoria.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Overall, it was a great stay, and we will be staying at this hotel, if we were to go back. The shuttles to the airport and metro were very convenient. On the first day, we did not know the hotel had a shuttle to the metro, and we walked there (15 minutes). We asked the hotel valet who was standing outside directions to get there, and during the course of the conversation, he did not mention there was a shuttle. The other problem I had,was that I broke out in hives on my forearms and legs, the only areas where I used the hotel lotion. Ironically, the lotion was labeled to be made by a dermatologist and hypoallergenic.And I am usually not allergic to anything.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Mogadore, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Very convenient location! Free shuttle,lots of places to eat,pool,comfy bed. Stayed on the fourth of July watched fireworks from the pool & ate pizza...perfect night.
I just booked again,five yrs later for my honeymoon trip! Excited to see DC again...not excited to pay $27 a night to park. BIG draw back. :(

Room Tip: look for a deal,ask for an upgrade. Ask..the worst they say is no. Stay on a high floor,magnificent...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

During my stay, room was not well attended - Was very dirty. Towels were not changed. There was dust all over including a broken blind. On my first day, the room was not made. I went to front desk and informed them - they said they would send someone. When I returned at night room was not made. A young man at the front desk was not polite. It was the most horrible experience that I had. We were 11. All of us suffered the same.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
HyattCrystalCity, Manager at Hyatt Regency Crystal City, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Hello Myriam M.,
We appreciate you sharing these details about our experience at Hyatt Regency Crystal City. To exceed our guest's expectations is our ultimate goal and based on your feedback it seems we failed to do so on several occasions. Your feedback about your housekeeping service has helped us to implement additional training to ensure that this does not happen again. If your travel plans bring you back to the area, please feel free to reach out to me if I can be of any further assistance. Again, thank you for staying with us.

Been to Hyatt Regency Crystal City? Share your experiences!